ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z170 Extreme4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyeclad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z170 Extreme4
    Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 7:16pm
I'm having considerable problems with my new Mobo. It started when I tried to flash the bios using the Asrock liveupdate app on Saturday. The system attempted to reboot but would not and I received a code 19 stall. I clicked over to the B bios (both are version P1.00) and was able to boot. The rest of Saturday was fine.

On Sunday evening, I noticed that I was having problems with a SATA DVD drive disappearing so I uninstalled the Intel Fast Raid driver and rebooted. The first boot attempt failed with a code 40f or something but I'm not sure. When it crashed on boot, it would power down so fast that I couldn't catch the code. 

I tried to clear the cmos and reboot but that didn't help. I then click over to the A BIOS again and tried to boot and received the same code 19 as before. I clicked back over and by sheer luck was able to successfully boot but soon upon loading Windows, the PC shut down with no warning or error. By this time I unplugged the SATA DVD drive that was originally disappearing. I rebooted and went through gyrations, powering down and back up.

Eventually I was able to power up and load windows but overnight the PC shut down again and this morning I turned it back on but it has since shut down. Do I just have a bad board?

Edited by skyeclad - 05 Oct 2015 at 11:41pm
skyeclad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyeclad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 12:59am
I just spoke with Tech Support and they said that it sounded like a Windows problem and to reinstall it. I said that I disagreed, Windows was working fine and then without warning the whole system just powers down...no errors. Then, I can't boot it back up to the UEFI screen without about 5 power downs and clear cmos attempts. That sounds more like a motherboard issue to me.

So, I'm going to attempt to boot with the A bios. I haven't successfully been able to do that but I am able to boot to B and I did attempt to back B to A. When I select this, the PC reboots but doesn't boot up to anything. I then power down and restart and the B bios loads. I then tried A and it gives me a different error than the 19 that I was stuck with before. I'll give it a few goes and see if I can't get A to load.

THEN, I'm going to try to flash up to version 1.8 and pray this works. Otherwise, this mobo is going back to Newegg. 
skyeclad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyeclad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 9:22pm
Unfortunately, after the attempt to flash to 1.8, the backup BIOS is now giving me code 19 errors. Unfortunately, it appears that P1.00 is super buggy and the flashing process corrupts the BIOS. I've run out of patience so I'm returning the board to Newegg.
excaliburn92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote excaliburn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 11:20pm
That's really weird. Must be a bad board. I've updated my Z170 Extreme4 to 1.80 without any issues.
centaur555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote centaur555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 2:36am
1.0 is indeed very buggy. On my Extreme4+ I had considerable stability problems. I've downloaded the latest BIOS to a FAT32 formatted USB stick and updated it this way. After that stability is fine.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic