ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350M Pro4 can not update bios

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350M Pro4 can not update bios
    Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by pastrocks85 pastrocks85 wrote:

Thanks for the reply, but still no luck. I tired all the servers, even China. It says there is no firmware update available now.

then the other method is direct download from asrock support page
save on a usb thumb drive
boot into bios and select load file from the thumb drive

this just requires the flash file to be sat on the thumb drive (although i do extract it first in windows)

what exact motherboard do you have?
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
pastrocks85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pastrocks85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 2:48am
Thanks for the reply, but still no luck. I tired all the servers, even China. It says there is no firmware update available now.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 8:37pm
in bios look for a setting that selects where to download bios files from
and check its global/auto (i cant recall the exact term)  it may be if your in usa it wont get it from china if thats selected)

p.s. never update bios inside windows
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
pastrocks85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pastrocks85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 6:42am
Help! I have been trying to update my BIOS from 4.60 to the most current one. The zip files have been working for me, the internet flasher from the BIOS says there is no current update found. I downloaded the asrock app on my computer, it updated some drivers, but it didn't detect any new BIOS. I'm running a Ryzen 5 2600 stock that at times wont boot up a core, so I think the BIOS might be effecting the CPU's performance. On the asrock site it suggest that the BIOS should be at 4.70 when running the MOBO with the Ryzen 2600. Help!!!Unhappy
grobin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 9:00am
Thank you very very much for the file!  That worked perfectly and afterword I was able to update to the very latest via the APP Shop program.  Thanks again!

IPR of Rolswana
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 2:33pm
download it, decompress it, and put it on your USB device

Edited by kerberos_20 - 02 Sep 2018 at 2:34pm
grobin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 1:34pm
I have a AB350M Pro4  MB (M80-A3013402187) ... The current BIOS version is P2.50

I was able to update a few things with the Live Update & APP SHOP application but could not update the BIOS - getting an error message saying I need to update to P3.0 first.  I downloaded P3.0 bios BUT the BIOS Instant Flash does NOT see it on the USB drive which is formatted in FAT32.  I tried several sticks all formatted in FAT32 and no luck.

Any ideas out there as to how to upgrade my BIOS from 2.50 to 3.0 or the latest shown by Live update and App Shop (which is 3.40).

So far I am only getting aggravated :-)
IPR of Rolswana
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic