ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can only get 2 channel stereo with S/PDIF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wranglersalberta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can only get 2 channel stereo with S/PDIF
    Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 6:16am
ASRock Taichi z370
Intel i7-8700k
32 Gbyes Memory
No video card
No sound card
So I have connected my Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system via S/PDIF and my speakers play OK, HOWEVER, when I check the Realtek audio settings I find that I am only playing on 2 channel stereo.  I've updated to the latest Realtek Audio drivers, but still no option to change anything.  I've played some of the surround sound test vids from Youtube, and I'm not getting the full 5.1 surround sound effect .  I'd really like to be able to use my system to its full advantage.  Can anyone give me some advice as to what might be going on?
Animalm4st3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Animalm4st3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 6:53am
Hmmm
Try setting the Option to DTS Interactive in the marked RealTek Options

Edited by Animalm4st3r - 03 Sep 2018 at 6:53am
Luppie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luppie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 4:56pm
Won't work enymore with 5.1 interactive, same problem with the Asrock z370 Extreme4 wen enable DTS by speaker settings. Why even DTS 5.1 by speaker settings, its not a digital sourse.
Luppie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luppie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 4:58pm
I mean with the latest drivers, it brokes DTS 5.1 interactive with SPDIF
razvan974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razvan974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 12:31pm
They broke volume control for headphones ( front panel)too with latest audio drivers and it seems they dont care...
wranglersalberta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wranglersalberta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 1:21am
Thanks guys.  Pretty sh*tty of ASRock to do that.  Especially when they advertise so heavily about what great sound the board has.  One can only hope they will eventually listen to their base and get it fixed.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic