ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - H110 BTCPro+ does not recognize more than 1 GPU
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

H110 BTCPro+ does not recognize more than 1 GPU

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsam2018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H110 BTCPro+ does not recognize more than 1 GPU
    Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 1:23am
Hello,

despite all my tries and efforts, my brand new H110 BTC+ pro mobo does not recognize more than 1 MSI GTX1060 GPU.
I am running Ubunutu 18.04 LTS, latestd Nvidia drivers, GPUS are mounted on risers.
Power supply is 1000 W and I want to put 4 of those cards for a mining rig.

I carefully followed all the cabling instructions, BIOS looks OK ... only 1 GPU is recognized.
I tried to swap GPU's, risers, same result.

Am I missing something here ?

Thanks,
Jacques
Animalm4st3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Animalm4st3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 2:07am
SO you installed 2, 4 pin molex connectors?
And more info please what riser cards are u using?
Did u use the Correct PCI Ports?
jsam2018 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsam2018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 4:49pm
Hi
yes, i did install 2 4 pins molex, one on the card one on the riser (is that what you mean ?)

About the riser cards I am using, they look pretty standard indeed, bought them on amazon (https://www.amazon.fr/YIKESHU-Riser-Powered-Adapter-Extension/dp/B072Q29937).
Not that I powered the riser directly from my Power Supply, same power supplies also powers the GPU.
jsam2018 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsam2018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 8:45pm
Fixed !!

this was a riser problem ... maybe mixed with a driver issue ?
I purged all the drivers and nvidia stuff, reinstalled the ppa and reinstalled the drievrs anew.

Then, i had to put a new riser as it firstly was still not recongnized. Then I gradually put all
my cards.
Now they are all recognized  SmileSmile
sx51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sx51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 12:30am
Hello Jacques, I got exactly the same difficulties with a brand new H110 Pro BTC+, the Motherboard detected 2x MSI R9 390X and when i connected the third the MB squezzed the previous detection and no one gpu is in the perepheric manager.
Any idea what should i do because i followed the strategy you was used and solved your problem but on my side that wasn't worked at all ?JL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic