ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 Ryzen 2600 will not post
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 Ryzen 2600 will not post

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myster2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 Ryzen 2600 will not post
    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 1:38pm
Hello, 

I just picked up a Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 with a Ryzen 2600. I can not get the motherboard to post. All it does is continually reset about ever 15-20 seconds. 

I've tried removing every other component except GPU and PSU and checked every process I can think of and i'm out of ideas. Anyone have anything I should be looking at?

Are these motherboards not compatible with ryzen 2600's out of the box? Do they need a bios update? I was under the understanding they would work without having to do the bios update first 
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 4:31pm
if it resets  every 15-20sec, then bios is trying to get your RAM stable
it can take even 5 minutes as your is not compatible
it has to shuffle between several preconfigured timings
and it will do so untill it boots...so let him do his thing...
once u manage to boot, it will be much faster (as it will already know what it has to use)

if it will take longer than 5 min, try it with only 1 stick in A2 slot
if u boot (can take a while), go to bios and set xmp and reduce frequency to 2133, then save it and shutdown and add second stick to b2 (if u have)

Edited by kerberos_20 - 23 Sep 2018 at 4:32pm
Myster2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myster2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 1:41pm
I wanted to say that this helped me finally figure out what was wrong. After hours and hours of troubleshooting one ram stick turned out to be bad. The behavior for me was no boot, no beeps and no post, just a black screen and resets over and over. 

I finally swapped out the ram sticks and did one at a time in A2 and low and behold only one stick will successfully boot, the other resets over and over and never finds a good configuration. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic