ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASROCK B450M Pro4 - Boot Problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
wga22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wga22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASROCK B450M Pro4 - Boot Problems
    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 6:32am
wga22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wga22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 6:29am
I experienced a "new" issue, for me. The standoffs from the prior ATX board were sitting directly under the solder points for the memory. Reboot loop. Don't ask me how long it took me to work that out. Debugging had taken me to the conclusion that the board was warped since it didn't boot when I put in the screws in the upper left side of board.
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by uda-h uda-h wrote:

Hello all,

that problem is related to more than one modern mobo.
The cause is your OLD PSU which has only 2.5A 5Vsb.

Todays PSUs has 3A 5Vsb minimum.

I spent quite some time discovering this issue.
Something like 5 days :-)

How much power consumption do you have on the 5V rail?
uda-h View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uda-h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 7:03pm
Hello all,

that problem is related to more than one modern mobo.
The cause is your OLD PSU which has only 2.5A 5Vsb.

Todays PSUs has 3A 5Vsb minimum.

I spent quite some time discovering this issue.
Something like 5 days :-)

uda-h
scitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 5:25pm
Go to the product page, click on support and then on BIOS. 
thomasp423 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomasp423 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 9:49am
How did you find the B450m pro4 bios update download? I don't see it on Asrock's site.
scitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 8:52pm
I had a similar issue with my B450M Pro4. 

However disabling fast boot in Windows itself and updating to the newest BIOS seems to have fixed it. 
It seems that the manual XMP Settings in the BIOS couldn't be loaded after shutting down the system because of Windows fast boot which prevents certain parts of the system to completely shut down after it has been turned off. 

Which actually brought my RAM down to 2100MHz instead of the normal 3000MHz. 

Now after disabling Windows fast boot in the energy settings in Windows and updating to the newest BIOS seems to have fixed the issue for me. 
JaysonJR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaysonJR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 1:08am
Same problem here , i can't boot after shutdown pc , already update to the lasted bios , still same issue ...
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 3:40am
By Odin! I swear ASRock's A/AB series must be the most RMA'd ones ever... Big smile

P.S. I'm glad that all is OK for OP now. Hug

hitekcomputing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hitekcomputing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 3:14am
After contacting ASRock support, they had a few other recommended troubleshooting steps.

The primary recommendation was to remove the board from the case, and to only attach the CPU/CPU Cooler, 1 RAM module, GPU, and boot device. 

The result of this test was the same as with the board fully connected in the case - it still wouldn't boot after a shutdown.

I ended up replacing the board, and everything functioned normally.

Thanks for the helpful ideas!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic