ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oculus Rift Sensors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
fnordie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fnordie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oculus Rift Sensors
    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 5:34pm
@xhue

when i dont use the hub the sensors loose tracking, i can not complete the oculus sensor setup that way.

i used drivers from asrock site, windows 10, chipset drivers all is installed....  no warnings in device manager
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2018 at 1:42am
With decent drivers, BIOS and settings you should be just fine with the default USB ports.

If for some reason you decide that an USB hub is needed - I highly recommend the ACRONAME. These are one of the best industrial USB hubs money can buy. They are also very expensive, which is to be expected given how they behave and perform.
fnordie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fnordie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 2:39pm
i think it will have less latency when not using a usb hub. but if its a quality hub it might not make much diffference.

you can check in the oculus software if its running 3.0. 

check out the oculus reddit for more info.
jbmerrill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbmerrill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 12:10am
Hi,

Well, my sensors are plugged into a usb 3.0 hub which is then connected to the usb 3.0 port on the motherboard I/o panel. Oculus detects them as usb3.0 correctly and they seem to work just fine, but I am interested if there may be a better way to do this. My motherboard is the ASRock x399 fatal1ty professional gaming board. How do you tell from device manager details tab if it is truly usb 3.0?

B.

Edited by jbmerrill - 23 Oct 2018 at 12:12am
X399 Pro Gaming, 2990wx Threadripper,128GB G.Skill RGB 3200,EVGA 1200 P2,EVGA GTX 1080 Ti x 2 SLI, Enermax Liqtech 360mm,Samsung 970 EVO/960 Pro/850 EVOs, Toshiba x300 HDDs, Thermaltake Chaser MK-1
fnordie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fnordie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 12:05am
with directly to motherboard i meant the USB 3.0 ports on the motherboard. 
in my working scenario i have a USB 3.0 Hub connected to the 3.1 port on motherboard.

you may know that the sensors need a good usb 3.0 connection to have enough data bandwith and power. 
on many old mobo the usb 3.0 ports are not good enough. so the recommendation is to get a inateck USB 3.0 extension card with 4 real usb 3.0 ports. (pci express).

i have the card but was hoping to ditch it in my new system.

other mobo vendors put "vr ready" on the box, so i was thinking its commony suppoted now

so your usb 3.0 ports work for the sensors? what board? also check in "devices" tab (i think click on sensor and details) that they are truly running in usb 3.0 mode.

Edited by fnordie - 19 Oct 2018 at 12:07am
jbmerrill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbmerrill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 11:17pm
Hi,

Curious, I have an Oculus Rift, but have sensors connected via usb ports. How were you able to connect these directly to the motherboard?

B.
X399 Pro Gaming, 2990wx Threadripper,128GB G.Skill RGB 3200,EVGA 1200 P2,EVGA GTX 1080 Ti x 2 SLI, Enermax Liqtech 360mm,Samsung 970 EVO/960 Pro/850 EVOs, Toshiba x300 HDDs, Thermaltake Chaser MK-1
fnordie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fnordie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 3:29pm
hi

i have x470 fatality k4. when i connect the rift sensors directly to the motherboard i can not even complete the rift sensor setup. one or both sensors is disconnecting when it should start tracking. i think its getting too little power, and "reboots".

if i run the sensors (2x) to my usb hub and then in the superspeed port it works, but this is not optimal.

so i am curious if other rift owner managed to run thier sensors directly on an asrock motherboard.

in other words: are Asrock board Rift compatible? i think mine is NOT.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic