Forum Description: Question about ASRock Intel Motherboards
URL: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10222
Printed Date: 20 Apr 2024 at 4:24am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Z390 taichi freezing driver install
Posted By: Mekar
Subject: Z390 taichi freezing driver install
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 2:03am
Seeking help for my trouble with the z390 taichi.
When installing logitech drivers computer freezes, have to do hard reset.
When installing pcie soundcard driver it freezes, same result when trying to install drivers from the asrock cd. Have tried with bios ver 1.20 1.30 and 1.51
Any suggestions anyone?

Replies:
Posted By: Trebron
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 7:18pm
Helli,

I habe the same Problem. BIOS 1.20 / 1.30 / 1.51.

Any Sollution?

Greeting

Trebro

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Trebron Trebron wrote:

Helli,

I habe the same Problem. BIOS 1.20 / 1.30 / 1.51 / 1.60

Any Sollution?

Greeting

Trebro

Posted By: darylzero
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 1:15am
I had the exact same with the ASRock Z390 Extreme4!!

The AMD drivers would completely freeze the computer when it started to detect the video card. Had to do a hard reset every time.

ASRock's Z390 chipset seems to have a LOT of problems. :(

Posted By: Xaltar
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 1:20am
Originally posted by darylzero darylzero wrote:

Intel's Z390 chipset seems to have a LOT of problems. :(

Fixed that for you....

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 1:27am
Just to clarify:

Chipset = Vendor responsibility (AMD/Intel)
BIOS = Partner/Vendor Shared responsibility (ASRock/Gigabyte/MSI/ASUS etc and intel/AMD)
Physical board and power design = Partner responsibility
Drivers = Component supplier responsibility (AMD/Intel/Realtek etc)

So many people come to partner forums (like this one) and blame the board partner for issues that come from literally anywhere else. That said, the board partner does tend to at least try and work out these issues with the pertinent vendor/component provider.

Hang in there guys, these issues will be resolved, either directly by ASRock or by the vendors/component manufacturers responsible.

-------------

Posted By: Mekar
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 1:33am
This is a very picky motherboard. (not mature)
Here is how i overcame the problems. Computer disconectet from lan/wlan install windows

Install drivers from disk in this order

- Intel Wlan
- Intel bluetooth
- ME driver
- Rapid storage > then reboot
- HD audiodriver > then reboot
- Intel lan
- INF driver > then reboot

then i installed Logitech driver > then reboot

installed old pcie driver for Soundblaster AE-5 version: BXAE5_PCDRV_L13_3_2_21_0

connect computer to net install gfx driver.

All fine, hope it helps others with simmilar problems
god luck

Posted By: darylzero
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 1:35am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Originally posted by darylzero darylzero wrote:

ASRocks's Z390 chipset seems to have a LOT of problems. :(

Fixed that for you....

No, I don't see the same issues on other manufacturers Z390 message boards.

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 2:20am
lol, then you meant ASRock's implementation of the Z390 chipset on this board

Fair enough.

-------------

Posted By: jfriend00
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 5:33am
I had a similar problem where the entire system would hang when trying to install the Bluetooth Driver from the ASRock Z390 Taichi download page. Similarly, if I ran the Windows Troubleshooter and selected Hardware issues, it would also hang. Those problems where only solved by going back to the DVD that came with the motherboard and having it reinstall all drivers again. It did not hang when installing from the DVD and now the Windows Troubleshooter doesn't hang either.

I have no idea why installing from the DVD works, but installing from a network download does not. There's a problem somewhere with the ASRock driver download page I guess.

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 5:46am
@jriend00

i Disabled the ASMedia SATA in BIOS and then the Drive Install completed.

Posted By: danzel4711
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 11:57pm
I had same problem. Simple solutions for you guys... I read this on Logitech forum.
You must physically dismount cables for CDROM. It sound stupid but it works!

Posted By: tuba
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 11:39am
I have this exact issue. Been driving me crazy.
Cannot install Bluetooth, Lan or Wifi drivers without a freeze and crash. Only can hard reset to recover.

BUT, all my devices are installed and working properly. No issues in Device Manager and my internet speeds are great.

Should I just leave it alone and be happy?

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 11:49am
My problem of freezing both when installing things and randomly while using the system was ultimately fixed by uninstalling the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver that I had installed from the ASRock download site for the Z390 Taichi. Instead, I just let Windows use it's regular SATA drivers. Since uninstalling that Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver, my system has been rock solid, no freezes, no hangs. All other drivers install just fine. All my SATA drives work just fine (I have 5).

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 11:50am
Originally posted by tuba tuba wrote:

I have this exact issue. Been driving me crazy.
Cannot install Bluetooth, Lan or Wifi drivers without a freeze and crash. Only can hard reset to recover.

BUT, all my devices are installed and working properly. No issues in Device Manager and my internet speeds are great.

Should I just leave it alone and be happy?
I wouldn't just leave it. It's a ticking timebomb that will hit you again in the future. See my previous post for how I fixed an issue like that.

Posted By: tuba
Date Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 8:39am
I fixed it!

Had so many failed installs and decided to focus on fixing it.
The key was to bsaically uninstall all the communication Intel drivers from the Asus website and install the drivers directly from Intel.

Uninstall Intel Management Engine:
  1. Unplugged WLAN Ethernet cable and connected PC via WiFi (you can also just download the drivers and then unplug).
  2. Uninstalled Intel Computing Improvement Program (it mentioned the prior partial install and successfully removed it).
  3. Uninstalled Intel Management Engine.

Uninstall Intel Wireless Devices:
  1. Unplugged DVD Drive (might have been irrelevant but harmless).
  2. Noted the clean install instructions here: Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers - https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html (Basically you uninstall wireless adapters in Device Manager and check the box to "Delete the driver software for this device" then clean all temp files before installing the new drivers).
  3. Once I uninstalled the Wireless Adapter, I did a reboot.
  4. On reboot, I exited the Intel Driver and Support Assistant Tray (later disabled it).
  5. Uninstalled Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 in Device Manager (check box for uninstall drivers).
  6. Also uninstalled any unknown device if listed elsewhere.

Install Intel PROSet/Wireless Software:
  1. Downloaded the 'Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Wi-Fi Drivers' from here - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28503/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?v=t
  2. Ran them (as Administrator). If it says it's blocked because you have a reinstall pending a reboot, just reboot.
  3. Selected Uninstall (instead of repair or modify). Did not reboot.
  4. Then ran the drivers (as Administrator) and selected regular install.

SUCCESS!

Install Bluetooth Drivers:
  1. Uninstall Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) under Bluetooth in Device Manager (check box for delete drivers).
  2. Download it from here (Win10 64 bit) - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28511/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10?product=59485
  3. Run as Admin
  4. Select Typical

SUCCESS!

Install Intel Network Adapter Driver for Windows 10:

1. Go here - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/36773/Ethernet-Products
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=36773
  2. And select Windows 10 OS from the last drop-down menu. Only 1 driver will be listed.
  3. Install it.

4. And that's it. Double check there are no issues in Device Manager.

No more driver crashes for me and everything is working great.

Posted By: Zimpah
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 2:08pm
Hi guys, similar problem here, except my computer is totally unusable now. I am running win10 64bit, z390 taichi ultimate, and have been using the PC for 4 months without any real problems. I tried to update the Bluetooth driver through asrock app shop program and this caused the PC to freeze completely. Shortly after starting the update.

After a hard restart the computer gets a critical error and BSOD. Windows repair service can't solve the problem. Safe mode crashes too I have tried every possible option I can think of aside from formatting the drive and installing everything again. But I have programs installed that will be lost if I have to do a fresh install. Programs that cost upwards of $5K that I'm not going to be able to replace.

My rescue drive won't work, tried windows 10 disc and repairing, which fails.

The only two things I have been able to do are get into the command prompt and the UEFI. But I don't know how to delete drivers from command prompt and all the instructions found via Google searching don't work.

What do I need to do? And or how do I solve this from the command prompt.

SERIOUSLY IM AT MY WHIT'S END, AND I COULD REALLY USE SOME HELP/SUGGESTIONS FROM YOU TECH SAVVY GUYS AND LADIES OUT THERE.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Posted By: z390_freeze
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 4:48am
My Taichi z390 does the same thing. Try turning off the third party SATA controller in the bios under

Advanced/Storage/Third Party SATA 3 Controller

My board is rock solid after disabling this. (If you are unfortunate enough that you wanted to use these two sate ports you appear to be up a creek)

Posted By: Zimpah
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 5:09am
I'll certainly try it. Thank you for the suggestion. Is it also maybe a problem if I have drives connected to the 3rd party sata ports? Or is simply disabling suffice?

Posted By: rhschoon
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 10:50am
Hello: I have been having this same problem for about a week now since doing a cold install of Win 10 1903. Crashes hard on any attempt to sense hardware for a driver update. Have to pull the power plug and reboot with rescue media. Then use Diskpart to reassign volume letters back to the right ones to boot with. Have been doing this for literally a week trying to figure out what's wrong. Tonight, turning off the 3rd party SATA controller has fixed things and it doesn't look like I've lost any drives. And, the system seems to be much faster. Whatever that problem was was chewing up a lot of CPU cycles. In any case, I am so happy this is over...

Posted By: ConstPi
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 5:06am
I was able to get a store credit refund from the authorized dealer I purchased through even though it was outside of their usual return window (but well within warranty) because the motherboards is defective. I have done more than a reasonable amount of troubleshooting, configuring, tinkering, new BIOS installing, driver swapping.

Now I have to decide if I am going to buy a Z390 of a different brand or a different chipset entirely. That's my fix.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net