Forum Description: Question about ASRock Intel Motherboards
URL: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10325
Printed Date: 19 Mar 2024 at 10:39am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: RGB Utility issues and workaround
Posted By: Xaltar
Subject: RGB Utility issues and workaround
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 9:49pm
The new 1809 (RS5) Windows 10 release is causing some issues with the RGB utility, on the previous 1803 (RS4) it seems to work fine.

Note, this only applies to boards with Addressable RGB, so:
B450; X470; Z370 and Z390

Solution:

The cause is the new Windows 10 release, and the use of the Windows powershell to execute some commands.

When the utility is installed it extracts a number of files to the C: drive

Her is how to solve it

1.       Download the latest 1.0.26 utility: http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Utility/RGB/PolychromeRGB(v1.0.26).zip

2.       Uninstall the RGB Led utility and reboot

3.       Install the 1.0.26 utility and reboot

4.       Start the utility, it will detect the RGB hardware, (it should also install the firmware update, and that is what goes wrong in the latest Windows version, it doesn't update!)

5.       Now we have to manually update the firmware via the command prompt

6.       Open the Command Prompt (Windows key+r and type in cmd and click okay)

7.       Type (or copy/paste);
Quote cd C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\ASRRGBLED\Bin
then press enter

8.       Type DIR, and check for 2 files wicpflashadsb.exe and nu51_2.07 (this is the latest firmware)

9.      Type; wICPFLASHADSB.exe /File=FilenameHere example:
Quote wICPFLASHADSB.exe /File=nu51_2.07
or
Quote wICPFLASHadsbv2.exe /File=nu51_2.07
on newer versions
10.   Press Enter, the firmware for the LED controller will be reflashed

11.   Done

This is a known issue and a proper fix is in development. For now, you can either hold off on installing/updating the RGB utility and wait for a fix or you can use this workaround to get things working correctly.

This info was provided by my contact at ASRock who requested I share it here for you all.

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: Erasmus Venport
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 7:18am
Recently attempted this work around on 470 Taichi Ultimate running Windows 10 Pro with mixed results.

Firstly tried the work around as stated, but only got a partial fix, after applying the work around the program loaded but was not working correctly, I had a number of access violations when trying to select options and the program ran very slowly.

I re-applied the work around but ran the command prompt as administrator, used the nu51_2.07 file to update and then set PolychromeRGB to run in windows 8 compatibility mode and to run as administrator, this fixed the access violations and the slow running.

However this only partially fixed my RBG problems, I still can't change the colour of the outer ring of the Wraith Spire AMD Cooler and can only set RGB colours on one DIMM not both.....

Hope this helps others if they are having difficulties.

Posted By: Elodin
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 10:59am
   wICPFLASH v1.0.18 - ASRock Incorporation, all rights reserved
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Project Name = Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-IB
BIOS Version = L0.01
Reading file: nu51_1.10...0...ok.
Enter ICP mode.
Company ID: 0x000000FF, Device ID: 0x00FF00FF
Erasing:     EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Programming: PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Verifying:   Verify error: address=0x00000000, value: 0x000000FF != 0x00000002

When I reflash I get this error message what does this mean? Is there any way I can figure out what the error message is referring to?

Posted By: Bothos
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 3:50pm
Thanks a lot it helped even with version 1.0.27 and Win 1803.

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 5:33pm
Running command prompt as Administrator prevents issues, in cases where the user is not using the operating system with administrative privileges the tool will not have permission to do what it needs to.

To run as administrator:

-------------

Posted By: Jordo Powers
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 6:56pm
Is this why I can't get Asrock Fatal1ty b250 k4 won't work with polychrome? Rgb led wont pick up my hyper x predator rgb ram. I have to use Asus aurora

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 7:06pm
Effected boards are listed in my original post. This issue doesn't apply to your intel 200 series board

-------------

Posted By: asp
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 12:40pm
Everything was working fine then one day one of my HyperX Predator RGB strips started glitching, I was afraid it was damaged so soon!

I found this thread and tried the reflash, but that didn't change anything.

Then I used the Polychrome app to turn all LED sets to OFF, and then uninstalled the Polychrome app.

Now here is the best part of this story!

I shutdown the PC (yes I have fastboot enabled, oh well, nobody is perfect), turned off the PSU, waited a few seconds, then powered up and this is when the magic begins!

Now for some reason Windows booted with all of my LED sets turned back on the way I had them set a few days ago, except with one amazing difference that I will now reveal with great pride!

The 2 HyperX Predator RGB strips are doing the factory default rainbow routine, oh but can you imagine, they are NOT in sync, at least not most of the time, after some minutes they aling again, but then one is clearly not interested in such a slow rainbow effect, so it goes right on ahead at its own speed and they go out of sync again.

The effect has resulted in my amazing ASRock Fatal1ty system to be truly godly and unmatched in this world.

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 11:32pm
...and its gone.

My original glitching and failing of one of my DDR sticks was cured by simply reflashing the motherboard BIOS.

Posted By: charlesp4
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 11:37pm
I tried this work around, launched the app and still cannot change colors. Everything in the app looks like it changes, however when I click apply nothing happens.

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 4:41am
It might be worth the bother to uninstall / reinstall the app. In any case I have a new problem, all the settings work after reboot, except the DDR. Seems like the app needs some work...

Posted By: Kriz
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 7:49am
Hi Forum !

I have an issue with Kingston Hyperx Predator RGB ram modules. Whenever I reboot my PC the setting I have implemented resets to the rainbow vomit effect I hate. Is there a way for the motherboard or ram sticks to remember my pattern of choice ?

Issue would also be solved by an update to Polychrome RGB Utility. If this utility run at startup and reprogram the RGB pattern it would be a non issue but there is no such option and I couldn't find a workaround. Furthermore whenever I run RGB utility in Windows I have to manuly change ram pattern cause the utility doesn't seam to remember my setting. This is frustrating (I know first wold problems). Is there a solution to my issue or maybe helpful guys at ASROck software development could update the utility to solve the issue ?

Thx in advance.

Posted By: AndyD
Date Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 6:25am
This thread started back in 2015 with pretty much the same issues. Should I be questioning my purchase of a b450m pro 4. I also have the same RGB issues.

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by AndyD AndyD wrote:

This thread started back in 2015 with pretty much the same issues. Should I be questioning my purchase of a b450m pro 4. I also have the same RGB issues.

Tough call. The software seems to be underpinned by Asus code, perhaps Asus RGB function works better? In the olden days you could use Asus software directly on ASRock boards but that appears to have been arrested.

What I can't figure out is, why doesn't the DDR vendor have software for its own RGB function?

In any case, the trouble appears to be related to the software writing to the BIOS. The real problem is that they even promote the feature at all. I think given the state of the poor functioning, RGB DDR function should only be mentioned in tiny text on the last page of the specs, and not the front page of the web site. That just pisses everyone off after they learn it is such a pain in the royal buttocks to use.

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 2:02am
I agree and now they blame the latest addition of windows 1309 I believe for the issues. When the issues existed before the current addition of windows. It needs to be addressed if they continue to push their RGB app for control. It does not work for me period. Asrock b450m pro 4 with RGB ram 16g

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 2:59am
Originally posted by AndyD AndyD wrote:

The thread was posted in December last year, you were looking at the wrong date

As for the issue, it was caused by Microsoft changing security settings that broke the way the program interacts with the UEFI. ASRock isn't blaming anyone, they have been working to fix it and simply gave a reason why it broke. I will check in with my contacts at ASRock again about the issue and see what progress has been made.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 11:41am
If you go back to the topic it goes back to 2015. Again it has been an issue with RGB and asrocks M/B for quite some time. And they still push their RGB app as if it works when it does not. the rest is semantics. I have spent to much time on the fix and will wait it out a bit longer. If no fix there is always MSI or ASUS.

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 10:27am
Ok so I went through the work around and the same issue no RGB anywhere. No RGB on Ram modules or fans. I did the workaround 3 times and nothing. I went through the UEFI turned on the RGB from there nothing. At my wits end with the RGB.

Posted By: binnyford
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 7:40am
I fought for some time with mine. I just got the b450m steel legend and installed the software and worked no problem. installed mobo on different computer with different hard drive and would not work. Gggrrrrrr.... through looking on other hard drive i found it was using version 2.0.1
I copy it and install it on the other computer and still doesnt work. I do the walk around and flash the 3.00 in the 2.0.1 version and BAM! It now works no problem.

Posted By: jamhougin
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 1:39am
Any news on this? I can't get any version of this program to work on my x470 taichi. After paying 200+ dollars for a Mb I would expect it to work as intended. I'm currently writing an email cc'ing my entire computer science deparment in college warning them to stay away from asrock products. Very dissapointed.

Date Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 12:01pm
I was sent the workaround and it did not work. I guess I will wait for the fix update. Other than the rgb issue everything works great.

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 11:11am
The orginal post starts back in december of 2018. We are now 4 months down the road. Any idea when we may see a fix?

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 2:49am
I will check with ASRock again on the matter. From what I have gleaned from various sources it would appear that an issue was discovered in the base application (used by more than one manufacturer). I suspect that this has impeded a proper fix from being released. In situations like this the base code needs to be corrected by the 3rd party before it can then be adapted by manufacturers. In other words, I am not sure where the holdup is. The issue doesn't appear to effect everyone using the software or we would see a lot more comments in this thread.

I'll get back to you all as soon as I have word from my contacts. My X399 Phantom Gaming 6, Z270 Gaming K6 and X370 Taichi are all working fine with regards to the RGB software so I have been unable to reproduce the issues on my own systems.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 11:55pm
I am on a fresh build. Asrock B450m/pro With AMD Ryzen 3 2200 16gb ram and a 750ti MSI GPU. I did a fresh download of the most current Windows OS. Which is apparently where the prob;em lies. It will not recognize the RGB ram or the fans. I will probably just use a separate controller. And wait for the fix for the RGB ram.

Posted By: tjgodin
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 9:53pm
I'm also having the issue with the ASRock Phantom Gaming ITX/ac board and the RGB Utility. The app still doesn't work within Windows 10 (latest version) and this is also after flashing the controller successfully, per the instructions.

As captured in the Windows Logs...

Faulting application name: AsrPolychromeRGB.exe, version: 1.0.34.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0xb4d4c8cc
Faulting process id: 0x243c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4f45adbd22141
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\ASRRGBLED\Bin\AsrPolychromeRGB.exe
Faulting module path: unknown

Posted By: tjgodin
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 9:33am
ASRock Mod,

Any update on when we can anticipate an application/firmware update? It remains unusable as is, for my configuration with the Z390 Phantom Gaming ITC/ac board and the two addressable LED T-Force Delta RGB drives I have installed.

What I've been able to determine on my own is that the app conflicts with any other LED management app... such as Corsair's iCUE (which doesn't compete or manage ASRock addressable RGB at all). Provided that app is closed and not active, the ASRRGBLED app seems to open without issue. If not, it errors out, as previously posted. That said, when I go to log out of windows and shutdown, the ASRRGBLED app seems to hold and not want to close.

Let us know - thanks!

Tony

Posted By: onethirtyeight
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 3:45am
I tried the steps above.
I get an error. Says FAIL in big ascii art with the error CMD_RPG_HIGH_LOW data does not match
I have a Taichi x470 and I really would like to change the colors on my board. My system is lit up blue and the lights are stuck on red and white. Honestly I regret buying this board seeing how long it takes for issues to be addressed. I was told to buy Asus but instead I did my own research and found this mobo to be the best feature-set for my dollar. Didn't realize the software was such crap. Maybe I should have just bought Asus.

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 3:49am
Just tried to flash with the older version... which completes successfully. I figured maybe then I could update again--- still failure.
Starting the program only gives me memory errors. I followed the instructions exactly and ran my command prompt as administrator. Restarted after uninstall. Restarted after install. Opepened the program --- got errors. Closed the program and did the command prompt firmware update--- failed.

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 4:38am
I heard others had success using wICPFLASH instead of wICPFLASHADSB so I gave that a try. Same result unfortunately.
I also turned off all RGB software (iCue, Phillips Hue, etc) before each step.

Posted By: anjilikawalson
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 2:16pm
Thank you for posting the solution of it, as I had been looking for to solve this issue. However, if you want to recover your Forgot AOL Password[URL=http://www.aolhelp247.com/aol-forgot-password/]http://www.aolhelp247.com/aol-forgot-password/[/URL] you can cordially welcome 24*7 for any sort of tech support.

-------------
Get an instant support for your AOL mail technical issues. The best possible way to contact us is through AOL Tech Support Number +1 (800) 848-5295.

Posted By: wolfmandim
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by jamhougin jamhougin wrote:

Any news on this? I can't get any version of this program to work on my x470 taichi. After paying 200+ dollars for a Mb I would expect it to work as intended. I'm currently writing an email cc'ing my entire computer science deparment in college warning them to stay away from asrock products. Very dissapointed.

Same problem here. I still can't get it to open.
Frustrating...

Posted By: Disturbed
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 6:11am
New build with issues also, x570 taichi. Using either of the flash methods on 3.03 comes up with following error

"/wICPFLASHADSB.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file."

"wICPFLASH.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

Posted By: vadimsub
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 5:13pm
Hello!
I had the same problems with my ASRock X470 Taichi.
I tried different options, but received the same unsuccessful results, which are described above.
I was able to solve the problem only after I downloaded PolychromeRGB from the page of my motherboard. I understand that you need to download the utility only from the page of your motherboard.
I followed the instructions that are described on the first page and it worked.
Good luck!

Posted By: ahawk1972
Date Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 12:14am
This has been a frustrating mess!

I have an ASRock Z390 PHANTOM GAMING 4-IB w/ WiFi MoBo. Running ASRock Polychrome RGB ver:1.0.57.

Polychrome stopped responding yesterday so I did a complete OS reinstall after following all the directions on page 1, and nothing seemed to work.

After OS reinstall I put the same version of Polychrome back on and everything was gold, or so I thought.

I started to reinstall some of my apps like Photoshop and my other graphic design programs and all rebooted.

After reboot Polychrome locked back up with not responding, and now I am back in the same place before the reinstall. Flash the RGB, reinstall Polychrome, and nothing!

There has to be a solution!

Posted By: francisco83
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 11:13am
teste este modo que vai dar certo... click com o botão direito do mouse no aplicativo vai em abrir local do arquivo la vai esta uma pasta com este nome ..WriteFW.. copia ela e cola na área de trabalho.. Em seguida exclua ela da pasta .. depois copie e cole ela novamente no mesmo local que foi excluído de dois click nela que ela vai ser executada ...E voltara a funcionar   

test this mode it will work ... right click on the application it will open file location it will go a folder with this name ..WriteFW .. copy it and paste it into the desktop .. then delete it from the folder .. then copy and paste it again in the same place that was deleted from two click on it it will run ... And it will work again

Posted By: Cuklic
Date Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 2:03am
Originally posted by Disturbed Disturbed wrote:

New build with issues also, x570 taichi. Using either of the flash methods on 3.03 comes up with following error

"/wICPFLASHADSB.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

"wICPFLASH.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

I have the same problem with my Z390 Taichi

Date Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 2:22am
i think i tried everything you said here i need to do but still i cant fix the problem. It sometimes worked for me before the reinstalling windows and everything but now when i installed it again it is not working at all. i kinda got some new facts and i cant change the color of MoBo and those colours are totally wrong now.

I7 9700k
AsRock Z390 Taichi
Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB
Asus Strix RTX 2080 super
BeQuite Modular 750W
Corsair H100i Pro
2x Samsung 970 M.2

Well i think i typed all the parts(i know the problems can be different due to different components but get the same error soo thats why i typed it)

thanks for your anwers

Date Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 2:29am
I tried it but i got the message ( wICPFLASHADSB.exe /File=nu51_3.04 is not recignized as an internal or external command, operatable program or batch file)

Posted By: totherik91
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 6:40am
I did it! It worked, but it doesnt :P

I used REVO uninstaller on the asrock utility folder,restarted the computer, downloaded the fresh polychrome software from the official asrock website, installed it,restarted the computer. Did the flash as described in this post.
The flash worked, but be aware that you must type in DIR and check for the correct file names and versions. (I had wICPFLASHADSBv2.exe, the v2 at the end is crucial) and you must run command promt as administrator.
I can control the addressable rgb strip now from the UEFI, i have modes that i didnt have before (scan mode now runs a single led along the strip in a certain color, etc, and its important that im using a cheap chinese ARGB strip from aliexpress connected to the correct header on my B450m pro4)
BUT!!!!
The polychrome software cant start up in windows. The software pops up searching for peripherials, but then gives an error message that i dont have any "asr graphic card or USB header".
And the LED-s on the strip are propably misnumbered (the spring mode runs a single light back and forth on the strip, spring back instantly if reaches the end close to the motherboard connection but vanishes for a few beat on the other end, like it had more LED-s.
And the colors are totally wrong, like full red and no blue or green gives purple.

Posted By: reigney
Date Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 11:08pm
I've had a similar issue with Polychrome RGB app hanging at the splash screen saying "detecting peripherals led controller" after I updated the app to the latest version, tried to reinstall and flash the firmware, nothing worked.

It turned out if you leave it hanging for 10 minutes or more, it will open eventually and it works! Just don't end the task until it opens.

Posted By: whoamikenken
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 4:59pm
Does anyone know how to fix this?

The argb header seems to be malfunctioning

Posted By: DeadZeppelin
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 7:32pm
Z390 Phantom GamingX
BIOS 1.20
ASRRGBLED Polychrome v.2.0.28 flashed nu51_3.04
All RGB effects turned to "off" in software.
RGB Lights are still on when i turn off my PC
How to get rid of this software in BIOS?
This colors look stupid.

https://imgur.com/a/Bwa4MK6

This is my first, the only, and the LAST ASRock motherbord!!

Posted By: polychromefixed
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 12:33pm
Im not sure if most have been able to get polychrome working yet, but i was able to just finally get mine to work on an X470 Taichi on bios 3.5 by going into the properties then compatability tab and checking run program as admin. I then ran the compatibility troubleshooter and selected option #2 Troubleshoot program. In that section i selected this program requires additional permissions and clicked next. It prompted me to then test run the program and when it popped up the approval prompt i approved and then polychrome opened up saying it is updating the firmware and finally after 6 months of not working it finally is up and running. I am using the newest polychrome version 1.0.60.

I hope this helps anyone who still hasnt gotten it working.

Posted By: BrincosNation
Date Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 4:20am
Hi! im from M?‡xico and i followed the steps of this guide and i think need to be updated.

In my case, i had an ASROCK STEEL LEGEND B450M
I had an inwin sirius loop asl 120 fans and i cant get the right adressable effects, and cant change ARGB color in static mode, it was a mess.
Ive followed the guide exactly and does not work, BUT, ive made some changes to fit with my actual windows version and latest ASRock firmware update.

My specs:
Windows 10 1909.
ASRock B450M Steel Legend.
PolyChrome version2.0.49

the code is: wICPFLASHADSBv2.exe /File=nu51_3.04
the file nu51_3.04 can change each version, but you can find it in the root folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\ASRRGBLED\Bin
has no extension but always hace the nu51_X.XX prefix.

Probably im not discovering anything, but for people like me, could be useful
sorry about bad english.

Posted By: GaRv3
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 1:25am
This does not work for me. Suddenly all my LEDs are set to white and changing the settings in ASRGBLED does not change anything.

The BIOS update command gave this result:

wICPFLASH v1.0.19 - ASRock Incorporation, all rights reserved
Project Name = Z370 Gaming K6
BIOS Version = P4.00
Reading file: nu51_1.10...0...ok.
Enter ICP mode.
Enter ICP mode.
Enter ICP mode.
Enter ICP mode.
Enter ICP mode.
Enter ICP mode.
Enter ICP mode.
Enter ICP mode.
Enter ICP mode.
Enter ICP mode.
Enter ICP mode fail.

Something obviously failed. See the last line.
Anything I can do?

Thanks!

Posted By: moo9697
Date Posted: 18 May 2020 at 6:18pm
i think i have a diff version of bios or something, but i this worked for me.
MOBO: B450 Steel Legend
ASRock Polychrome RGB ver:2.0.38

a. Open CMD as an administrator (type "CMD" in search bar right click & choose "Run as administrator" from the context menu)
b. Go to RGB app installation folder by typing "cd C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\ASRRGBLED\Bin\"
c. Flash the RGB chip using the following command "wICPFLASHADSBv2 /File=nu51_3.04" - this takes around 15 seconds.

Posted By: timske
Date Posted: 28 May 2020 at 5:59am
I am getting the same error when trying to flash and get my aRGB back. It was working just fine for 2 weeks then poof :(

do the Dev's even look at these forums?

Posted By: Meta
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 10:51am
Getting tired of trying to fix this issue--Just going to go back to Asus--Maybe
Gigabyte.. Done with Asrock.
Obviously the company does not look at forums or even worry about this issue.

-------------
Always Help !!

Posted By: ambrosecr
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 2:27am

I tried this work around, launched the app and still cannot change colors. Everything in the app looks like it changes, however when I click apply nothing happens.

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 4:55am
I fixed my issue !!!!!
I bought an ASUS board!!!!!
Problem solved !!!

-------------
Always Help !!

Posted By: hotrob
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 6:17am
Originally posted by moo9697 moo9697 wrote:

a. Open CMD as an administrator (type "CMD" in search bar right click & choose "Run as administrator" from the context menu)
b. Go to RGB app installation folder by typing "cd C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\ASRRGBLED\Bin\"
c. Flash the RGB chip using the following command "wICPFLASHADSBv2 /File=nu51_3.04" - this takes around 15 seconds.

Thank you SO MUCH!

Fixed the problem on my x570 Taichi!

Posted By: frostmorn
Date Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 5:49pm
hi all i need help. i have broken nuvoton n76e885at20 chip on z370 extreme4 and i need a replacement but i dont have firware for new chip. where can i get firmware file for this chip? i can't find it anywhere. i wrote to tech sup 2 weeks ago but i dont have answer yet
please help.

Posted By: NEBULA
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 6:31am
What I'm having a problem with is the lights for the motherboard want to stay on   when the computer is shut down for the night. Anyone have this problem???

Posted By: Reign
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 5:05am

I need help with this. Any takers?
I WILL COMPENSATE YOU!

-------------
-Reign

Posted By: pocky
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 12:03pm
i got the same issue

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 7:10pm
I had same issue...solution is in bios..usb off...I believe it was called...anyway it was in bios for me..had more issues than that !!! Found solution for all my issues with Asrock...I went back to Asus !!!

-------------
Always Help !!

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 7:33pm
Any Solution for this issue I have tried every solve in youtube but it doesn't work

I use brand new Asrock B550 Steel legend and facing this issue day 2 I used

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 11:13am
it fix now. I don't know how, I just unplug and go to bed then in the morning I plug in the power and start the device everything go back to normal now I can use the Polychrome system I can change RGB and ARGB.

Posted By: sagor
Date Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 3:17pm
My board is asrock b365m phantom gaming 4.Can i install other intel board latest polychrome v2.0.66? I try to install it normally but it gave me an error "Error 0xFFFB There is no Asr graphics card and Asr Usb Led Header!".
what latest version my board can handle besides 1.0.74?

Posted By: Closterfoebic
Date Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 3:12am
Originally posted by Reign Reign wrote:

I need help with this. Any takers?
I WILL COMPENSATE YOU!

Has anyone figured out what this issue is? I can get any of my fan hubs to work with the software for my b550 steel legend and it gives me this error when flashing.

Posted By: josemahj
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

This is a known issue and a proper fix is in development. For now, you can either hold off on installing/updating the RGB utility and wait for a fix or you can use this workaround to get things working correctly.

really? this fix the problems temporally... they happen again with latest updated version

Posted By: bansalrehana
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 2:58am
I shutdown the PC (yes I have fastboot enabled, oh well, nobody is perfect), turned off the PSU, waited a few seconds, then powered up and this is when the magic begins!

Posted By: SniperJJ10
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 8:56am
I just recently purchased a PC, and the previous owner says it has ASRock RGBLEDs in it. I installed the program, ran it, and it says "There is no Asr graphics card and Asr USB LED Header!" I went into command prompt, ran some stuff on here, and it comes up with this.

https://imgur.com/a/uSEZqrc

Any help would be appreciated!

Posted By: mon413
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 6:19am
Tried this fix.
But im missing the Blue Color on Fan.
Ram and MB is working - But fan is missing the blue.
Please help.

Posted By: andis
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 10:08pm
Hi, I recently bought B460M Pro4 mobo and in addition 2 Aerocool Duo 12 fans and unfortunatelly fans's leds doesn't work at all. Is there any solution for my problem. I checked wICPFLASHADSB.ini file and my mobo isn't on the list. Could someone give me some advisewhat to do ?

Posted By: kanky
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 5:42pm
Latest polychrome 2.0.27
MB asrock B450 pro4
GC msi rtx 3070 suprim

older polychrome can't control GC and the latest version won't even start because GC doesn't know ...

(rfb chip sucesfuly flash...)

the same argb on GC cannot be synchronized ...

Dragon from MSI works with GC, but again does not know MB?¹ï?

Please help ?ºï?

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 5:44pm

Latest polychrome 2.0.27
MB asrock B450 pro4
GC msi rtx 3070 suprim

older polychrome can't control GC and the latest version won't even start because GC doesn't know ...
"there is no asr graphics card and asr usb led header"

(rfb chip sucesfuly flash...)

the same argb on GC cannot be synchronized ...

Dragon from MSI works with GC, but again does not know MB?¹ï?

Please help ?ºï?

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 5:47pm
MB bios latest...

Posted By: ahxean90
Date Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by moo9697 moo9697 wrote:

My mobo B450M Steel Legend,
flashed successfully, but I still cannot run the ASRRGBLED app, still showing the same "This utility is not for this platform!"

Any idea?

Posted By: svista
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 4:09am
Hi,
I have issues with synchronyzing my chipset cover. It has swapped red and green colors soo it doesn´t match with my other RGB devices.
My mobo B460 steel legend
ASRock Polychrome RGB ver:2.0.61

Any idea how to fix it?

Posted By: Sergentpm
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 5:01pm
Try the new beta version 2.0.93

https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/B460%20Steel%20Legend/index.asp#Download

Flash firmware as described in the post (administrator).

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 5:06pm
Try the new beta 2.0.93

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450%20Steel%20Legend/#Download

Flash firmware

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 3:50pm
Ok but I don´t know how to flash it when I flash it as described above in this forum it says fail maybe i use wrong wICPFLASHADSBv2.exe /File-nu
I don´t know the end nuber of this command.
Can you help me?

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 4:17pm
Just tap "dir" command it will show you files names. Use the command wicpflashadsbv2.exe /file=nu51_3.xx
Open your command prompt as administrator

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 5:48pm
It still dont show me the nuber
look at this
https://ctrlv.cz/Hztp
its my command prompt

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 7:09pm
File #12 nu51_3.04

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 7:28pm
OK thanks but it still doesnt work when I ran the commant it inicialize it but then it repeats something 10 times and then it says ICP fail and yes I run it as administrator.

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by svista svista wrote:

OK thanks but it still doesnt work when I ran the commant it inicialize it but then it repeats something 10 times and then it says ICP fail and yes I run it as administrator.

Do you bios is up-to-date?

Posted By: DimazDimo
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 8:46pm
Hello Guys

my problem now after i updated polychrome to v2.0.99 and razer synapse 3.6.331.31613, everytime i want to edit Asrock Part, its nothing happen n turn off

1. Polychrome RGB can edit onboard rgb,
2. i tried re-flash it, re-install both apps, and finaly i reset my windows 3 times , i tried install razer synapse and polychrome 2.0.61 (from cd), i installed Polychrome 2.0.93 (my last polychrome before update to 2.0.99), and i installed 2.0.96.. and still nothing change.
3. my curious, everytime i edited add effect and color and save, nothing happen and the light turnoff, when i reopen my synapse, the Asrock Part i choose any effect and color before, its always turn like that, the COLOR part turn invisible (No Color). i think there is something problem with coding or anything. it can't response to synapse..
now i feel hopeless and disappointed, because i tried everything i know from web, forum and youtube, nothing happen..

Posted By: Flamz
Date Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 5:50am
Incase anyone comes looking for a solution in 2021 here it is. I made this reply for all you guys so you don't have to go looking for hours as I did.
I ordered a prebuilt PC from CyberPowerPC and the ASROCK b550 Am Gaming Motherboard drivers/utilities will not be found anywhere on the internet as it is a custom build for the CYBERPOWERPC brand.

So ASRGBLED software was not working for me. Got an error that wouldn't let me open it. I have a AMD version so make sure you go to the CYBERPOWERPC website and find the archive that stores the latest drivers. It's the most sketchy website but I talked to Tech Support and they confirmed it is legit. Here is the direct link for my motherboard(ASROCK B550AM GAMING): http://www.cyberpowerinc.com/drivers/?dir=Motherboards/MB-478-101%20B550AM%20GAMING/Driver" rel="nofollow - http://www.cyberpowerinc.com/drivers/?dir=Motherboards/MB-478-101%20B550AM%20GAMING/Driver
. Anyways, based on your motherboard, download the specific ASRGBLED software they have listed. And follow the same steps as the original poster outlined. The nu51_### file will be different for everyone based on the BIOS and motherboard so go and find yours. Just follow the same steps and it works. Restart the PC a couple of times after to make sure it works.

For anyone still stuck, uninstall your original ASRGBLED software and install the latest one before following the steps of the original post. If it still doesn't work, make sure your addressable RGB pin is connected properly. Mine was loose so the original fix didn't work for me as the PC didn't recognize any of the fans plugged in. Resolve hardware issue before doing the software fix. Keep uninstalling and installing until it works. Its a bit annoying but it works for me now. I spent the entire day to figure out a fix for this issue. Hope this saves you the time. Feel free to email me if you need more help.

Posted By: AirArt
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2022 at 7:48pm
Hi!
My Windows 11 reports an error at unidentified USB Device on Port 13 (where RGB IC happen to reside) and some Microsoft compliant ACPI controller. When I try to use ASRock Polychrome RGB in BIOS it says no firmware is identified, contact support.
I have downloaded both 2.0.109 and 2.0.114b RGB Polychrome apps, both quit with 0xfff0 error. The firmware update doesn't work either.
Any ideas?

Posted By: Tengu13
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2022 at 3:11pm
Hello dudes, i've same problem
Motherboard: H570M Pro4
Led strip: ws2812 - 60 leds on strip

Works only 1 led white, sometimes secon led green, i think its powered on by noises.

wicpflashadsbv2.exe /file=nu51_3.04

But have error:

Enter ICP mode.
Enter ICP mode fail.

next i see mistake in .ini file:
Where is no my motherboard in this ini file.
wicpflashadsbv2.ini

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2022 at 4:40pm
Guys, you will need to contact ASRock Tech Support:

http://event.asrock.tsd.com/" rel="nofollow - http://event.asrock.tsd.com/

They should be able to help you out. This is an issue with the Polychrome software
so there isn't much we can do to help on the forums, unless someone has figured
out a way around it. In which case please feel free to share.

-------------

Posted By: Mythx
Date Posted: 22 May 2022 at 8:32pm
Hi. Having issues ram rgb on z690 extreme /w xpg d60g spectrix ram. only 1 ram lights up. a2 lights up but b2 stays off. Changing style doesn't fix. Ram on startup both ram work in rainbow defaulted because there's no ram settings in bios polychrome.

Posted By: yashed
Date Posted: 26 Dec 2022 at 1:02pm
my thing doesnt work when i flash it instead it says this Enter ICP mode.
Enter ICP mode fail.

Posted By: CerysLucero
Date Posted: 17 May 2023 at 10:08pm
Thanks for sharing.

Posted By: Akasha
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2023 at 1:36am
!SOLUTION! !SOLUTION! !SOLUTION!
When downloading ASRock Polychrome RGB app on asrock.com website, change the field to where you choose OS version (ex: Windows 10, Windows 11) to "BETA AREA". Then will show up other version of this app (as beta), today shows "ASRock Polychrome RGB ver:2.0.136" as beta. The current version is ASRock Polychrome RGB ver:2.0.109.

After uninstalling the previous version, restart PC, and installing this Beta one, works just fine, except that I cant select individually the own components of my Steel Legend b450m. But this was already buggy before any way.

I am suspecting that this problemas is not a "version problem", but a problem in how the "WriteFW.bat & wICPFLASHADSBv2.exe" works on "RESET" the pre-installed firmware. I'm guessing that the action of RESET the firmware is not really doing that WHEN it founds the same version installed in BIOS, and it gives you a lot of other errors because it didn't fix itself. So, uninstall and reinstall that same version didn't really change nor update the installed firmware in bios. This clue came to me when another guy here say that he installs a previous version and it fix it, just like me with a different version, a beta version. If this problem happens again, I will do that, install a different version and try it, if this fix the problem, that means that the developer's team of ASRock should be drinking more coffee at work... that's a newbie's mistake.

I hope that fix the problem to you guys.

Any doubt, you can find me online on twitch.tv/tioakasha (probably I will be talking in portuguese, but just chat in english that I talk to you in english too lol!)

Bye!

-------------
Web Developer & Designer | Freelancer as Design Ninja | Streamer at twitch.tv/tioakasha | Bnei Noach

Posted By: OWWO
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 1:20am
I found a solution

1. Take your Asrock MOBO out from the case
2. tak e a hammer
3. hit it many times
4. forget ASROCK, buy more reliable products from ASUS, Gigabyte etc.

Posted By: H0PE
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 3:17am
latest update for synapse broke poly rgb for me :(

Was working fine, and synching with razer synapse. But not anymore.

I had a full update for some reason on the razer synapse modules. Then after now poly won't stay open on startup and even if I start manually it doesn't stick anymore.

Ohh btw it was working for me even with the error message saying synapse isn't running, but it was in fact working fine and changing colors and whatnot how I programmed via razer synapse.

-------------
H0PE

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 3:20am
ahh yes, event viewer error:

Faulting application name: AsrPolychromeRGB.exe, version: 2.0.157.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000101
Faulting process id: 0x0x186C
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA1BE5233036A6
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\ASRRGBLED\Bin\AsrPolychromeRGB.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 4f7083c5-e256-496a-85b1-d6b803ece648
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

-------------
H0PE

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 4:19pm
Aaaand I just receive synapse 3 update and argb crashing on startup of the pc. This is a joke really. Restart, and have to click uninstall argb faster than it loads in in order not to freeze my pc right now. Just great experience starting with asrock motherboard after like 20 years :(

-------------
H0PE

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2023 at 3:59am
Seems like every time a new synapse update occurs, my polychrome rgb just sh*t itself, pardon my French:
-It freezes again. Had to turn off to autostart or my windows just completely freezes.
-It loosing control to my RGB 1 lost, and unable to control it (Lian Li case, with RGB stripe on the front, was working fine prior today's synapse update)
-And more importantly it freezes I assume, because it tries to fight for RGB control for my Corsair RGB ram, and it looses. ICUE sais error when I try to check the RGB and all statistical settings for the RGB ram, that usually controls just fine.

And since last two comments I made, none of the admins or asrock technicians did care to comment, even though this is kind of a breaking deal that my windows constantly freezes and after a while I will have to reinstall the damaged windows install for sure.

-------------
H0PE

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2023 at 4:58am
To quote myself from another topic:

Hi guys, UPDATE:

I've contacted support and they gave me a much newer version and this one includes the ICUE SDK, so you can actually let ICUE control strictly the Corsair RGB for devices, rather than Polychrome RGB trying (and failing) to control the RAM RGB.

This link provided by ASRock support to me via email:

https://download.asrock.com/TSD/Desktop/Eddie/AsrPolychromeRGBSetup" rel="nofollow - https://download.asrock.com/TSD/Desktop/Eddie/AsrPolychromeRGBSetup (v2.0.164).exe

-------------
H0PE

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net