Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: AMD Ryzen 3600x with Fatal1ty X470 Gaming-ITX/ac
Posted By: Eugeny44
Subject: AMD Ryzen 3600x with Fatal1ty X470 Gaming-ITX/ac
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 8:01am
Is anyone manage to get it working?
Have my bios updated to 3.30
Check that everything works with my old 2700

put 3600x it boots to a bios(after a few boot cycles) I see the ram drop to 2400 so I update to 3200(as that one that I have)
Didnt have a single successful boot after, just power cycling with fan spins and stops.
Tried:
clear CMOS - nothing
wait - nothing
remove one or all ram - nothing

Any ideas?

Replies:
Posted By: PeterCxy
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 8:16am
I encountered the same thing on B450 ITX/ac. I just waited for a LOOONG time and force-rebooted several times to get it to POST again. After it POSTs again, go to BIOS and drop the memory to 2133MHz. On mine it only POSTs consistently at 2133MHz. Anything beyond 2133MHz won't even POST every time.

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 8:24am
Originally posted by PeterCxy PeterCxy wrote:

I encountered the same thing on B450 ITX/ac. I just waited for a LOOONG time and force-rebooted several times to get it to POST again. After it POSTs again, go to BIOS and drop the memory to 2133MHz. On mine it only POSTs consistently at 2133MHz. Anything beyond 2133MHz won't even POST every time.

Have you had to clear CMOS? I tried to wait maybe 30min. I will try longer, thank you for bringing hope!

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 8:47am
Originally posted by Eugeny44 Eugeny44 wrote:

Have you had to clear CMOS? I tried to wait maybe 30min. I will try longer, thank you for bringing hope!

I tried clearing CMOS at the first several trials and later realized maybe it didn't help much. Just clear once when swapping the CPU is enough. It basically boils down to patience and luck lol. Sometimes I force-reboot it by long-pressing the power button, and sometimes I did unplug the power cable and re-plug, but I'm not sure if that helped either.

At some point after it resets itself countless number of times the CPU fan will start spinning but still no POST. That, at least in my case, is a good sign, because usually when this happens, I just have to force-reboot only once by long-pressing power button to see the POST screen again. I later realized if I drop the memory down to 2133MHz immediately at this point, the board will start to POST consistently and the issue is mostly gone. Hope a future revision of BIOS would fix it.

Posted By: pthrogmo
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 1:08am
I'm also having issues with the B450 variant of the ITX board and a 3600x, doesn't POST, fans spin for about 20 secs and then restarts itself. I hope this is relevant enough to piggyback on your thread.

This is a new build, so has an old BIOS v1.30. I can't get it to POST, I've breadboarded it, tried putting RAM in different single configurations with both sticks, cleared CMOS several times, removed CMOS battery overnight, reseated all components multiple times, tried another known-good PSU, my GPU is known-good, I've let it try and cycle for hours without any change.

I suspect now from this thread that my RAM is the issue.

- ASRock B450 ITX Fatal1ty
- AMD 3600x
- Ballistix DDR4 3200 16GB (8x2)
- NVidia GTX 1070
- Corsair SFX600 PSU
- Sabrent 512GB Rocket m.2 SSD

I submitted a support request via this site but haven't heard back yet. I am trying to track down some DDR4 2133 RAM to see if I can get it to POST at least and then update the BIOS to see if I can get it then to POST with my 3200.

My BIOS is so old I don't even know if it supports the 3600x at all. What I had read elsewhere was that older boards would at least provide minimal capabilities until the "compatible" BIOS update was applied, but maybe not. I don't have any previous gen AM4 chips I can swap in if that isn't the case...

Posted By: aeghee8C
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 1:14am
This is sad how poor the asrock support is.

I also have B450 ITX/ac variant and I can post it with 3700x at DDR4-2400 but the rear m.2 port is NOT opperational. I have m.2 sata MX500 SSD there, but it does see only my drives connected to SATA ports, and the bios is running AGESA 1.0.0.1 that has NOT full Zen2 support.

On the other sied, Gigabyte just informed on Reddit that they released ageas 1.0.0.3AB for b350 and all other boards(!!!) and that they work on releasing bios with AGESA 1.0.0.3ABA, that has the RrRand/RdSeed (Destiny 2) fixes.

I mailed ASRock support and got generic answer that they work on new BIOS. I asked when they will release the AGESA 1.0.0.2 or newer, and in reply I go the same generic answer. I shouldn't have choose Asrock B450 ITX/ac board. :/

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 1:46am
Well that doesn't sound good for any of us. I bought my board a couple months ago when it was on sale, so can't return it. Anyone who can, probably should. I may just cut my losses and buy a Gigabyte or Asus board instead and try and sell this one on Ebay.

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 7:33am
Originally posted by pthrogmo pthrogmo wrote:

I'm also having issues with the B450 variant of the ITX board and a 3600x, doesn't POST, fans spin for about 20 secs and then restarts itself. I hope this is relevant enough to piggyback on your thread.

This is a new build, so has an old BIOS v1.30. I can't get it to POST, I've breadboarded it, tried putting RAM in different single configurations with both sticks, cleared CMOS several times, removed CMOS battery overnight, reseated all components multiple times, tried another known-good PSU, my GPU is known-good, I've let it try and cycle for hours without any change.

I think you need to source older CPU to update bios, at least that is my experience with other brands without new bios it won't work.

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 7:36am

[QUOTE=Eugeny44] [QUOTE=PeterCxy]

At some point after it resets itself countless number of times the CPU fan will start spinning but still no POST. That, at least in my case, is a good sign, because usually when this happens, I just have to force-reboot only once by long-pressing power button to see the POST screen again. I later realized if I drop the memory down to 2133MHz immediately at this point, the board will start to POST consistently and the issue is mostly gone. Hope a future revision of BIOS would fix it.

tried for a few hours unable to get to POST at all. on other hand when i put my old 2700 it starts and works perfectly :(
not sure shall I return CPU and wait or swam motherboard.
One of the reason for buying x470 in hope for better support 3000x series - well that clearly didn't workout

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 8:04am
Originally posted by Eugeny44 Eugeny44 wrote:

[QUOTE=Eugeny44] [QUOTE=PeterCxy]

tried for a few hours unable to get to POST at all. on other hand when i put my old 2700 it starts and works perfectly :(
not sure shall I return CPU and wait or swam motherboard.
One of the reason for buying x470 in hope for better support 3000x series - well that clearly didn't workout

Well then probably you'd need to wait for the next BIOS update or (if you have a lot of money lying around) get a X570 instead. Frankly I still have no idea how it started to even work on my B450 one, maybe it's just random...

Posted By: wenerikk
Date Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 12:50am
Anyone has any progress? Have same issue, with reloading every 20 sec and no POST. Seen POST 2-3 times, memory was 2400, dropped to 2133 but no effects.

My build:
- ASRock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming-ITX/ac
- Ryzen 5 3600
- GTX 1060
- Hyper Predator 2x 8 Gb

ps First time with Ryzen and first time with Asrock, really upset... If this is common issue will notify about that whole internet...

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 1:19am
It seems that M.2 storage (back side) doesn't work..

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 1:59am
I haven't made any progress, I'm still waiting on AMD to confirm if they will send me an older AM4 CPU to use to update my BIOS, but the latest BIOS sounds like it still doesn't properly support the new Ryzen chips, so what's the point? I have a support ticket open with ASRock and they have been very unhelpful so far, no indication if/when they will be providing a better BIOS.

I'm not buying ASRock again, I should have stuck with those I have always had a good experience with (Asus, Gigabyte, MSI) instead of chasing a bargain.

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 2:27am
I've bought motherboard today with updated BIOS (ver. P3.30). Have couple successful loadings, but system doesn't see M.2, ram is very low (1200MHz somehow), after reloading facing with endless reboots again...

Indeed, never tried Asrock before and never faced with such serious issues from the start.

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 2:52am
Originally posted by wenerikk wenerikk wrote:

I've bought motherboard today with updated BIOS (ver. P3.30). Have couple successful loadings, but system doesn't see M.2, ram is very low (1200MHz somehow), after reloading facing with endless reboots again...

Indeed, never tried Asrock before and never faced with such serious issues from the start.

I just got an email from ASRock support with a beta BIOS with 1.0.0.3 support (version L3.33). I don't have a CPU to be able to boot with in the first place to allow me to update and test. Our boards are slightly different (you have an x470 right? I have the B450 variant). I'd suggest reaching out to them and trying to get an updated BIOS.

Once I manage to get hands on an older processor I'll give it a shot...

Posted By: edlebert
Date Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 2:58am
Originally posted by wenerikk wenerikk wrote:

Don?™t worry. These are known problems across all manufacturers and ASRock will fix it very soon.

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 3:00am
Yes, I have x470 one.

I also reported about problem. Sure will give a try to beta one if be able to update BIOS with 3600 on board.

Thanks!

Posted By: danknabbit
Date Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 11:49am
I can repro the problem. B450 Fatality ITX, 3600X, GSkill TridentZ 3200mhz 2x8gb ram, 3.30 bios.

Pulled all drives, including the back NVMe, to no avail - it reboots itself endlessly while trying to POST.

Reinstalling the otherwise-outgoing 2600X. System POSTed normally. Glad to hear there's a beta bios update in the works. I will update the BIOS in my board once there's an official release, and try again with the 3600X.

Posted By: Xaltar
Date Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 1:05pm
Early adoption tax strikes hard with AMD. We have seen this with every Ryzen generation from day one. Guys, we have to bare in mind that Ryzen is AMD's first new architecture in almost a decade, even now in it's second incarnation (the 2000 series was mostly tweaks to first gen) AMD is still playing catch up with intel both in terms of performance and platform maturity. Intel's Core architecture is on it's 9th generation and more than that, the core architecture is not as dissimilar to previous architectures from them as Ryzen is from Bulldozer for AMD. Another huge factor is AMD retaining backward compatibility with previous generation motherboards, great as that is, it comes at the cost of bugs and compatibility issues early on. Between RAM and M.2 storage solutions there are hundreds, if not thousands of possible hardware configurations that could have compatibility issues.

It's easy to blame motherboard manufacturers (believe me, these forums are not the only ones blowing up with these issues) but it's easy to forget that the manufacturer is just one part of the equation, the last part before you as a consumer. A lot of the time the issue lies with the first step in the chain, the CPU vendor. Without AGESA updates motherboard manufacturers are powerless to correct all but the most basic, specific issues to their designs, anything further reaching is simply not fixable without vendor support, no matter the brand's reputation and size as a manufacturer.

The gist of what I am saying is be patient, AMD knows there are issues and is working to correct them. The problem stemming from AMD is a very good thing for us as consumers, AMD want to sell chipsets AND CPUs. It benefits them tremendously having people upgrade on older boards so there is plenty of incentive to work out the kinks.

-------------

Posted By: Vakich
Date Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Early adoption tax strikes hard with AMD. We have seen this with every Ryzen generation from day one. Guys, we have to bare in mind that Ryzen is AMD's first new architecture in almost a decade, even now in it's second incarnation (the 2000 series was mostly tweaks to first gen) AMD is still playing catch up with intel both in terms of performance and platform maturity. Intel's Core architecture is on it's 9th generation and more than that, the core architecture is not as dissimilar to previous architectures from them as Ryzen is from Bulldozer for AMD. Another huge factor is AMD retaining backward compatibility with previous generation motherboards, great as that is, it comes at the cost of bugs and compatibility issues early on. Between RAM and M.2 storage solutions there are hundreds, if not thousands of possible hardware configurations that could have compatibility issues.

It's easy to blame motherboard manufacturers (believe me, these forums are not the only ones blowing up with these issues) but it's easy to forget that the manufacturer is just one part of the equation, the last part before you as a consumer. A lot of the time the issue lies with the first step in the chain, the CPU vendor. Without AGESA updates motherboard manufacturers are powerless to correct all but the most basic, specific issues to their designs, anything further reaching is simply not fixable without vendor support, no matter the brand's reputation and size as a manufacturer.

The gist of what I am saying is be patient, AMD knows there are issues and is working to correct them. The problem stemming from AMD is a very good thing for us as consumers, AMD want to sell chipsets AND CPUs. It benefits them tremendously having people upgrade on older boards so there is plenty of incentive to work out the kinks.

Why this work is taking so long? Ryzen 3xxx released almost 2 weeks ago and it still doesn't work on b350/b450 and x370/x470 motherboards. I have new Ryzen 3600 in my hands and all i can do is watch at it. Nice.

Posted By: Tyesov
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 9:51pm
Hi Guys, same problem here. Recently I have purchased asrock b450-i miniITX board and ryzen 3600. My set up is:

Asrock B450 miniITX board
Ryzen 3600
M2 SSD + HDD installed
1060 3gb
700w Zalman
Corsair Vengeance 3600 Mhz

All parts installed properly (not the first time assembling). When I try to start the system it starts, fans are working, 20 seconds approximately and then it reboots for another cycle. Monitor is connected but no signal.

My first idea was that is because memory or something else until I found this topic.

So, myain question is anybody solve this issue? I assume that the BIOS has to be updated with ryzen 1 or 2 installed. Comments are highly appreciated!

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Tyesov Tyesov wrote:

Hi Guys, same problem here. Recently I have purchased asrock b450-i miniITX board and ryzen 3600. My set up is:

Asrock B450 miniITX board
Ryzen 3600
M2 SSD + HDD installed
1060 3gb
700w Zalman
Corsair Vengeance 3600 Mhz

All parts installed properly (not the first time assembling). When I try to start the system it starts, fans are working, 20 seconds approximately and then it reboots for another cycle. Monitor is connected but no signal.

My first idea was that is because memory or something else until I found this topic.

So, myain question is anybody solve this issue? I assume that the BIOS has to be updated with ryzen 1 or 2 installed. Comments are highly appreciated!

From what I've discovered going through essentially the same config is that the board must be version 3.30 or higher in order to post with the 3600X. I had to buy a 200GE as a boot processor to be able to update to 1.70 first, then I went to the beta 3.33 BIOS I got from support. After that, I swapped in my 3600X, it took maybe 30 seconds but then came up fine. It is able to see my 3200Mhz RAM (auto-clocks to 2400 but is fine after I set manually to 3200), also sees my m.2 NVME drive. I installed windows and all drivers and seems perfectly stable, and I think, performance is as expected. Did some 4k gaming last night for a couple hours.

If you want to skip going through support for the BIOS you can DM me and I can send you the link, I've just heard some reports of instability and don't want to compromise anyone without them being aware of some risk.

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 12:22am
Highly appreciate your useful answer. Are the any stable Bios version to post with new Ryzen, or it is possible only with Beta latest unstable version? If so, seems it is the best option for now. Could you be so kind to send me a link to download?

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 12:31am
I have found 3.30 Bios, which supports new ryzen. I wonder it is better to update on this or ob beta 3.33? Could you be so kind to suggest which one install ?

Posted By: Ray62
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 12:41am
Bios 3.30 has the AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.1
BetaBIOS 3.33 has the AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.3.AB

https://shop.jzelectronic.de
A shop with Asrock products and support.
Here you can find the bios files for the Asrock boards, also the beta 3.33 BIOS for B450 miniITX.

-------------
Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Offline
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE

Posted By: Tosen
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 1:50am
Originally posted by Ray62 Ray62 wrote:

Here you can find the bios files for the Asrock boards, also the beta 3.33 BIOS for B450 miniITX.

These beta BIOS are stable or still with problems?

I got B450 gaming k4 BSOD all the time with 3.30. beta BIOS 3.32 fixes this?

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 1:52am
Originally posted by Tosen Tosen wrote:

Originally posted by Ray62 Ray62 wrote:

These beta BIOS are stable or still with problems?

I got B450 gaming k4 BSOD all the time with 3.30. beta BIOS 3.32 fixes this?

Been pretty stable for me so far on 3.33 for B450 ITX

Posted By: Vantharas
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 2:16am
Seems you guys are lucky, My Killer X370 is running my 3700x like absolute garbage.

I can't get it to post with more then two sticks of memory, I can't get it to run the memory any faster the 2133 or it becomes unstable.

-------------
Corsair AX860, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB , Asrock X370 Killer SLI/ac , Ryzen 5 1600X, 16GB DDR 4 3200

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 2:27am
Originally posted by Vantharas Vantharas wrote:

Seems you guys are lucky, My Killer X370 is running my 3700x like absolute garbage.

I can't get it to post with more then two sticks of memory, I can't get it to run the memory any faster the 2133 or it becomes unstable.

Try to run with XMP 3000mhz (my clock setting 16-18-18-36 for ryzen 3600), it doesn't go from first try but if goes works pretty stable.

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 7:07am
So with L3.41 bios (AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.3.AB ) its starts sometimes, if it passes through bios then its stable, so I just keep it running the whole time. I think issues is with memory support I notice that settings cl etc float after each reboot

Posted By: Apizz
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 2:23pm
How about b350 gaming itx can i adopt this BIOS ?yes i know it had a risk.

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by Apizz Apizz wrote:

The one I received is intended only for the B450, I would suggest opening a support case with ASRock to see if there is one suitable for the B350.

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Apizz Apizz wrote:

Someone else just posted a link to a beta bios for the Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming ITX here:
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=11970&title=beta-bios-for-ab350-gaming-itx-agesa-combo-1003

Posted By: Apizz
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 11:14pm
I had try it no change still not post

Posted By: Xcomp666
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 11:32pm
Same here!
I just bought a Ryzen 7 3700X yesterday. I was so happy until updated my Asrock Fatal1ty B450 itx bios to 3.30. My M.2 driver disappeared, Memory frequency can?™t get over 2133 ghz , system unstable( rebooting all the time). If Asrock doesn?™t fix it until tomorrow. I am going to buy an Auros x570 itx when became available on Newegg again. What lazy customer service!!

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 2:14am
Originally posted by Xcomp666 Xcomp666 wrote:

Same here!
I just bought a Ryzen 7 3700X yesterday. I was so happy until updated my Asrock Fatal1ty B450 itx bios to 3.30. My M.2 driver disappeared, Memory frequency can?�t get over 2133 ghz , system unstable( rebooting all the time). If Asrock doesn?�t fix it until tomorrow. I am going to buy an Auros x570 itx when became available on Newegg again. What lazy customer service!!

I PM'd you the link I got from ASRock support for 3.33 BIOS which fixes the m.2 issue and, for me, performs well.

Posted By: Tosen
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 6:58am
Originally posted by pthrogmo pthrogmo wrote:

Originally posted by Xcomp666 Xcomp666 wrote:

Same here!
I just bought a Ryzen 7 3700X yesterday. I was so happy until updated my Asrock Fatal1ty B450 itx bios to 3.30. My M.2 driver disappeared, Memory frequency can?�t get over 2133 ghz , system unstable( rebooting all the time). If Asrock doesn?�t fix it until tomorrow. I am going to buy an Auros x570 itx when became available on Newegg again. What lazy customer service!!

I PM'd you the link I got from ASRock support for 3.33 BIOS which fixes the m.2 issue and, for me, performs well.

That bios works for B450 Gaming K4 fatality atx?

I got an email from ASRock 3.31 bios and on the site around the forum there's the 3.32 bios...unsure which one to use.

Posted By: gizmic
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 12:00pm
all i can say all boards including other brands have that same m.2 issue until you upgrade to 1.0.0.3

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 11:24pm
For those using a stock bios based on AGESA 1.0.0.1 and are having RAM speed issues, please read/watch this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cbpt6p/psa_asrock_b350b450_pro4_with_r5_36003600x_bsod/

Running at 2133 didn't work for me becase the RAM's SPD dictates to run that speed at a low voltage. Simply dropping down from 3200 to 3000 made my system very stable.

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by danknabbit danknabbit wrote:

I can repro the problem. B450 Fatality ITX, 3600X, GSkill TridentZ 3200mhz 2x8gb ram, 3.30 bios.

Pulled all drives, including the back NVMe, to no avail - it reboots itself endlessly while trying to POST.

Reinstalling the otherwise-outgoing 2600X. System POSTed normally. Glad to hear there's a beta bios update in the works. I will update the BIOS in my board once there's an official release, and try again with the 3600X.

P 3.40 is now available. I flashed the motherboard to that with the 2600X, swapped in the 3600X, and cleared the bios (cmos jumper).

It did not work initially. After several poweron/poweroff cycles, it finally displayed the BIOS splash screen! Hard locked. Power cycle again, and it POSTed all the way to BIOS.

Re-enabled fTPM, disabled CSM, set RAM speed via XMP profile to 3200. PBO enabled. It successfully POSTed to bios. Reinstalled both SATA and NVMe drives. It booted to Windows.

It does not make it to windows every single time it power cycles, but, it makes it there often enough to begin perf and stability testing.

Windows 10 is updated to the latest revision of 1903. It recognizes the CPU name but does not recognize the RAM besides the capacity. Unclear cause.

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 3:09pm
My system is perfectly stable when pass post. Support thinks that I have faulty ram however it work excellent with 2700. Boots first time and may be 1 to 20 with ryzen 3600x
I also notice that my vcore is about 1.45v on idle not sure why

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 3:37pm
Performance delta:

3dmark timespy (2600X/GTX1080/DDR4-3200/B450 fatality ITX)
1: graphics 7342, cpu 6443
2: graphics 7319, cpu 6317
3: graphics 7314, cpu 6373

3dmark timespy (3600X/GTX1080/DDR4-3200/B450 fatality ITX)
1: graphics 7343, cpu 7297
2: graphics 7325, cpu 7271
3: graphics 7345, cpu 7273

PCMark10 (2600X/GTX1080/DDR4-3200/B450 fatality ITX)
1: 5732
2: 5963
3: 6004

PCMark10 (3600X/GTX1080/DDR4-3200/B450 fatality ITX)
1: 6658
2: (missing)
3: (missing)

Posted By: JasonASR
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 5:56pm
I received beta BIOS 3.41 (AGESA 1.0.0.3AB) and my 3700X+5700XT run perfectly fine now.

Date Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 11:55am
Originally posted by JasonASR JasonASR wrote:

I received beta BIOS 3.41 (AGESA 1.0.0.3AB) and my 3700X+5700XT run perfectly fine now.

Boots every time? Which RAM do you have?

Date Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 2:02pm
Post-boot, P3.40 has been stable in Windows in both synthetic tests and, well, actually using it.

It POSTs reliably now but still does not boot reliably. Sometimes Windows 10 will bluescreen (critical process died, stop code, kernel security check failure, various others) right at the beginning of booting. These will often happen in a row until I enter the BIOS and change some minor setting and save it (e.g. toggle WLAN on or off each time).

Date Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 2:21pm
Above 4G decoding and Above 4G MMIO are enabled. Fiddling with the Above 4G MMIO limit (up or down one level) appears to change the POST and boot behavior. The same setting will sometimes boot and sometimes not. I have not done enough testing to clearly identify what's the deal here - but - there be dragons here.

Posted By: pnkiller78
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 12:33pm
For the Fatal1ty X470 gaming-itx/ac or for another board?
Could you share the file?

Originally posted by JasonASR JasonASR wrote:

Posted By: Daveydguk
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 2:41pm
Any sign of bios 3.41 for B450 Fatal1ty itx yet ?

Posted By: alxzndr
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Daveydguk Daveydguk wrote:

Any sign of bios 3.41 for B450 Fatal1ty itx yet ?

I have the beta and it still has issues with losing bios settings on power cycle...

Posted By: Xcomp666
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 11:38pm
I've tried this bios(3.41) before. There is a bug that crashs my computers after restart. :(

Posted By: gizmic
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 1:26am
those timespy scores are a tad low

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 3:41am
Hi, I recently found a way to make more stable the booting process with this mobo when using with the new Zen 2 Ryzen 3XXX CPUs.
This is my current hardware parts
MoBo: ASRock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming-ITX/ac (P3.50 BIOS)
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
Memory: HyperX Predator Black 32GB Kit 3600MHz DDR4 CL17 (HX436C17PB3K2/32) (Samsung B-Die)

I noticed that with this memory, by just clearing CMOS and using default values, the MoBo boot loops like 20 times, before booting using the JEDEC 2400 Mhz memory speed.
If I configured the valued manually in the OC Tweaker\DRAM Frequency page the boot loops reduce to 5-8 times before actually booting.

I bough this board last year, along with the memory, and I was using it with a Ryzen 5 3400GE APU (Reven Ridge) and it booted fine, I was able to overclock the memory using the DRAM Calculator for Ryzen by 1usmus.
Thinking a lot about it, I came with the idea that maybe the memory training process was having a hard time with the new CPU, so I decided to use the fixed values in the calculator and entering in the mobo UEFI configuration in the hope that these could help with the memory training process in the board with the new CPU.
Well, that helped a lot, now the board restart normal, inside Windows the reboot process works without getting stuck in boot loop during POST. And the initial boot, sometimes it boot flawlessly, other times it boot loop 1-2 times and the it POST, I can live with that. I didn't like the idea to spent another $150-200 for a new X570 just to use this new CPU.

I must noticed, that I didn't use the OC Tweaker\DRAM Timing Configuration page, I entered most of the values in the Advanced\AMD CBS pages.
I uploaded two screenshot and marked the pages where the values can be entered in the UEFI firmware with these board.

Notice: Most of the values on these pages are selectable from a predefined set of values, the ones that you enter manually are on hexadecimal notation, so if the calculator says 53 you must enter 35 on the UEFI.
Also, the OC Tweaker\DRAM Voltage cannot be fine tuned, you just select from a predefined set of values that increments in 0.05V each one. In my case I used a DRAM frequency that worked with a value less or equal to the voltage advertised in the kit specs for the XMP profiles rated on it, in my case it was 1.35V.
The kit can be overclocked further, but it required more volts for the DRAM, and honestly, I just wanna that this board booted fine, I was not competing for a memory overclock record.
I tried 3200Mhz, however it required the next step value in volts that this board can accept that is 1.40V to be stable, the calculator said that 1.35-1.36V could work, but with 1.35V it was unstable inside Windows, and 1.36V cannot be set, the next value available inside UEFI config setting is 1.40V, so I sticked with 3133Mhz.
Hope it helps others, since ASRock doesn't give a $%$@ about us the customers and our problems with this MoBo, I will NOT buy again an ASRock product, worst experience with a product in my last 20 years building my own computers. It's a shame that we have to recur to third party tools and use a "Try & Error" approach to make their products work, and the manufacturer just sits there doing nothing when clearly there's a problem with the junk they are selling.
1. Advanced\AMD CBS\UMC Common Options\DRAM Timing Configuration\Accept
2. Advanced\AMD CBS\UMC Common Options\DRAM Controller Configuration\Cmd2T
   Advanced\AMD CBS\UMC Common Options\DRAM Controller Configuration\Gear Down Mode
   Advanced\AMD CBS\UMC Common Options\DRAM Controller Configuration\DRAM Power Options\Power Down Enable
3. Advanced\AMD CBS\UMC Common Options\DRAM Memory Mapping
4. Advanced\AMD CBS\UMC Common Options\CAD Bus Configuration\CAD Bus Drive Strength User Controls -> Manual
5. Advanced\AMD CBS\UMC Common Options\Data Bus Configuration
6. Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\XFR Enhancement
7. Advanced\AMD CBS\UMC Common Options\CAD Bus Configuration\CAD Bus Timing User Controls -> Manual
8. Advanced\AMD CBS\UMC Common Options\Phy Configuration\PMU Training
9. Advanced\AMD CBS\CPU Common Options\Prefetcher settings
10. OC Tweaker\DRAM Voltage
    OC Tweaker\Spread Spectrum
11. Advanced\AMD CBS\DF Common Options\Memory Clear

Posted By: Ray62
Date Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 4:25am
Wow, that is the best posting for using DRAM Calculator with a concrete board, cpu and the settings in the bios!   

-------------
Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Offline
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 1:15pm
I forgot to mention, the value that must be entered for the SoC voltage is a VID or VoltageID, not the actual voltage value for the SoC, this ID is used in a formula to calculate the actual voltage and it's in hexadecimal notation.
The formula is printed in the help tip in the right side of the UEFI screen, when you put the cursor over this field.
SoCV = 1.55V - (Hex2Dec(VID) * 0.00625V))

So, if you want to enter 1.025V for the SoC voltage, the value in hexadecimal would be 54.
0x54 = 84 decimal
84 x 0.00625V = 0.525V
1.55V - 0.525V = 1.025V
I will list the most common values that I saw while using the calculator for this SoC Voltage field, so you don't have calculate them
0.975V --> 5C
1.0V --> 58
1.025V --> 54
1.05V --> 50
1.1V --> 48

If anybody found this useful, please report back. Or if anybody found something that can improve this method or an alternate different method, please report back too.

Posted By: HDZEE
Date Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 10:11pm
Hey pnkiller78,

Thank you so much for this comprehensive guide. Can you help me out with a few more questions?

• Are you setting the XMP profile on under OC Tweaker or leaving it off?
  • Are you adjusting the frequency under OC Tweaker at all? -my options are not the same under OC Tweaker and the Advance Dram Timing Configuration
  • Are the tRFC settings a combination of Hexidecimal and Decimal? -mine seems to be one of each for the first two (there are like four total)
  • If I upload some screenshots of my BIOS would you mind helping figure out exactly which sections to change or not? -I'm having enough trouble already and don't want to mess it up more

Thanks!

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 12:16am
1. In OC Tweaker, I'm leaving XMP on Auto.
2. I didn't do anything in OC Tweaker, except DRAM Voltage and Spread Spectrum, everything I did was mainly on Advanced\AMD CBS, the rest of the settings on OC Tweaker were left on Auto.
3. I noticed that in OC Tweaker\DRAM Timing Configuration the values are in decimal notation (no exceptions), but in Advanced\AMD CBS the values entered manually (after setting an option to Manual) are in hexadecimal notation. Let's say, you set tRFC Control from Auto to Manual, an option opens up to enter the actual value, this setting is entered in hexadecimal, the Help text on the right side on the screen said clearly this detail, and if you enter an invalid value (eg, FFFF), it corrects you and print the max value for the field.
The only place in Advanced\AMD CBS where the values I entered where in decimal notation was on Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\XFR Enhancement for the VDDG Voltage and VDDP Voltage.
4. Ok, no problem, I will try my best to help you.

By, the way, which motheboard model do you own?

Originally posted by HDZEE HDZEE wrote:

Hey pnkiller78,

Thank you so much for this comprehensive guide. Can you help me out with a few more questions?

• Are you setting the XMP profile on under OC Tweaker or leaving it off?
  • Are you adjusting the frequency under OC Tweaker at all? -my options are not the same under OC Tweaker and the Advance Dram Timing Configuration
  • Are the tRFC settings a combination of Hexidecimal and Decimal? -mine seems to be one of each for the first two (there are like four total)
  • If I upload some screenshots of my BIOS would you mind helping figure out exactly which sections to change or not? -I'm having enough trouble already and don't want to mess it up more

Thanks!

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 10:52am

Awesome, thank you for help. I'm using an Asrock x470 itx/ac with at 3700x.

I get it now, all the manual options will likely be in hexadecimal and the description on the side will let me know.

• I'm not really familiar with hexadecimal and noticed different locations use different ranges (3FFh-0h or 51h-Ah, ect), would any decimal to hexadecimal calculator give me the right conversion for all the different ranges? -for example, will the same calculator give me the right number to use in one field using one range and another field using a different range?

I think that's all the questions I really have right now. I'm going to wait to put these numbers in until you can get back to me, thanks!

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 12:59pm
Yes, any decimal-hexadecimal calculator will do fine, even the one that comes with Windows, but it's better to use one outside the PC, when you are on the UEFI you need something to convert the numbers from one notation to another.
Personally, I use one on my phone, also I upload the screenshots of the DRAM Calculator for Ryzen to my phone and use the picture viewer to view the values and enter them in the UEFI, when one comes in hexadecimal, I switch to a hex calculator app, enter the value and continue.

The ranges varies because there are values that go in high ranges like 200-500 decimal, and there are values that go in ranges less that 50 decimal. But no matter the range, decimal and hexadecimal are just notations to represent numbers, you just convert them from one to another, no matter the value or the range it belongs. The hex calculator will not fail.

Originally posted by HDZEE HDZEE wrote:

Awesome, thank you for help. I'm using an Asrock x470 itx/ac with at 3700x.

I get it now, all the manual options will likely be in hexadecimal and the description on the side will let me know.

• I'm not really familiar with hexadecimal and noticed different locations use different ranges (3FFh-0h or 51h-Ah, ect), would any decimal to hexadecimal calculator give me the right conversion for all the different ranges? -for example, will the same calculator give me the right number to use in one field using one range and another field using a different range?

I think that's all the questions I really have right now. I'm going to wait to put these numbers in until you can get back to me, thanks!

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 2:29pm
Hey, thanks a lot. I ended up editing the DRAM Calculator screenshot with the values I needed so I could do it all from my phone. Unfortunately, something didn't take and the Overclocking didn't work. I had to clear the CMOS and start at stock. I don't think I'm going to mess with it anymore. This is as good as I've gotten it to work so far so I guess I just needed to wait until everything gets fixed (if it ever does).

My biggest problem is that it keeps randomly rebooting with and without BSOD's. I can't figure out how to reproduce the crashes other than it seemed to be triggered by system monitoring apps like HWinfo, so I wiped it and reinstall windows with bare minimum programs installed. This has definitely helped but didn't completely solve it. Some of the errors seem to point to a memory problem from what I've investigated so that's why I was trying to see if the custom OC would make things better but it didn't. Oh well. Last time I'm ever buying any AMD products.

Thanks again for the help!

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 1:57am
Hi guys, maybe someone faced same problem as me. I use Corsair Vengeance Memory which supports 3600 Mhz. Since AsRock b450 mini Itx fatal1ty is able to work with 3446 value I set in bios cl 14 14 14 28 and 1.350v according to ryzen calculator.

If I turn off the power completely, PC goes 3 times reboot and set standart values in bios. So I need to reset it manually. But if I just turn it off and keep power plug in electricity socket everything works ok.

I think that problem is not in memory but with motherboard. I tryed to clead CMOS with jumper but with no avail (maybe i did something wrong?). I wonder if somebody facing such issue and how to fix it?

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 7:35am
I have given up. This was my last asrock product ever, with bios 3.50 and two different ram set it boot up ~ 1 our 5-7 tries.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net