URL: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6617
Printed Date: 20 Apr 2024 at 6:34pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: H110 Pro BTC not showing display
Posted By: rgoulter
Subject: H110 Pro BTC not showing display
Date Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 4:38pm
" rel="nofollow - I have a problem with my H110 Pro BTC motherboard, 

I had 6 RX570 cards on the motherboard running fine.

I powered down the motherboard (PSUs still turned on) to swap risers in 2 slots.  While I doing the riser swap the motherbord and CPU powered back on!!  Since this happened I no longer get any video display from the motherboard DVI port or from a video card in the PCI16 slot.

No display whatsoever... no beeps, all that happens is CPU fan runs when I power on the motherboard.

What to do?

Please help

Replies:
Posted By: Xaltar
Date Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 7:20pm
Pull the system apart then clear CMOS using this method:

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=630&title=how-to-clear-cmos-via-battery-removal

Then reinstall only the CPU, 1 stick of RAM and PSU and see if you can post. If not, it is very likely the board is damaged.

I edited your post, we are here to help so there was no need Wink

-------------

Posted By: Moinerus
Date Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 7:54pm
I also have this issue, bare bones with only RAM, CPU and PSU no video (same story with a GPU in the 16x slot).  If i pull the ram and I get the appropriate beep codes...

Tried the CMOS reset you linked and it makes no difference.

Guse this one is an RMA! 

Posted By: rgoulter
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 4:56am
" rel="nofollow - I have cleared the CMOS and still no signal.

The board is currently stripped down to just CPU.  

When I remove the CPU and reinstall the CPU still no signal, same for Ram and CPU.

I think it may be terminal unless there is something else to try? anyone?

Posted By: Goldenwave
Date Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 1:37am
I'm having same issue with little to no response from corporate.

I needed to change out the monitor, shut down and when I rebooted... nothing

Won't work on any port DVI, onboard, PCI, etc.

Has this issue been fixed for anybody.  I see lots of people complaining.

Yes it makes sense to clear CMOS, but to strip everything off and on, doesn't matter.

Posted By: broix
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 4:43am
" rel="nofollow - I am having same issue. No display. I have only CPU and 1 stick of DDR4 8GB connected. I had display for a few reboots, but now it is gone. Do we have any other support options? 

Posted By: Goldenwave
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 2:31am
I think our only options are to return the motherboards.  This is rediculous.

Posted By: puntar
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 3:37am
Hi, i registred jut fot this reply. Had the same problem..

found out, that the problem was with the power cable; CPU needs to have 8 pin cable connected from PSU to ATX12V1 connector (CPU is actually printed on the cable).
Plugged it in, restarted and now everythig works ok.

Hope this helps.

B.

Posted By: GrandSab
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 5:16am
" rel="nofollow - I have 2 MOBO's with the same problem. No boot no power up. Only CPU and cooler installed. Replaced trying everything assembly and dissassembly. Connect and Reconnect PSU.

No blinking LAN, Cleared CMOS.

What is the problem?

Posted By: bhikku79
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 10:20am
" rel="nofollow - I have the same issue, new mobo, installed every thing , worked fine the first day,  on second day when I tried to start, CPU Fan runs, LAN light blinks , but no DVI display what so ever, 

Did CMOS reset , but no change , 
Dont know what to do . any solution ?

Posted By: jhuber
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 6:04am
" rel="nofollow - Any answers here? I have the SAME EXACT issue. I attempted the CMOS clearing process as instructed in the Forum and also waited the entire 4 hours (instead of just 10 minutes). Still nothing. Any help?

Posted By: kyli_95
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 4:18am
" rel="nofollow - Omg I have the same problem too. Is this a faulty motherboard? I tried everything.

-------------
- Elvin

Posted By: optimusdad65
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 1:40am
I experienced the same issue, but I was using adaptors because the monitor I had only offered HDMI or VGA inputs. Neither would work. I tried all the solutions posted but nothing worked. Took it to have the output tested and, of course, it worked there. But the tech was using straight DVI to DVI. Bought a new monitor and used DVI to DVI cable and it worked perfectly.

-------------
optimusdad65

Posted By: lsh
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 4:14pm
" rel="nofollow - Has anyone managed to get a fix for this issue yet or did you send your MB back for replacement?

Posted By: optimusdad65
Date Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 12:17am
No adaptor combination of any kind worked. I bought another monitor so I could go straight DVI to DVI and the motherboard worked fine. I've used adaptors before on other MBs without issue, but for whatever reason this MB won't take it.

-------------
optimusdad65

Posted By: refugee
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 1:01am
" rel="nofollow - What did you end up doing?

I have 6 of these 2 worked so far, 4 are pure headaches.

Same thing, I can't get onboard display to show.

Thanks

Posted By: HughesyMK
Date Posted: 10 May 2018 at 5:30am
Guess what - same here.
Swapped out a card and, when I booted up again, no display even though I hadn't touched the primary GPU.
What a sack of shot these are - be nice if the devs actually responded to a post on here...

Posted By: Agrieck
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 9:03am
Hi! I just bought the mobo, and all new components:
CPU Celeron g3900
DDR4 4GB 2400
GPU MSI 1660ti Ventus 6GB

The CPU fan and the fans from the GPU work perfect when I turn on the mobo but I don?™t get any video (on the dvi d port I tried with a HDMI adapter) on the dvi board port or in the HDMI output form the GPU.

I tried to do it without the GPU vía the on board port, or over the GPU, but no video at all.
All cables are connected. The PSU is a 1200w platinum.
Did the CMOS reset and nothing...no video!

Could it be that I don?™t get video because I?™m using am the adaptor?

Posted By: RLGL
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 9:48pm

Could it be that I don?�t get video because I?�m using am the adaptor?

Short answer.??yes

-------------
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

Posted By: Agrieck
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 9:52pm
What do you suggest to get video? Because buying a dvi d monitor is not a option. It?™s cheaper to buy a mobo with hdmi than a monitor.

Posted By: Brownout
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 12:18pm
I am not going to say I have the same issue if I didn?™t I wouldn?™t be asking did this post never really get answered

Posted By: 1buckeye_fan
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 5:14am
I have two MOBO's with the same issue... No video. Any updates?

Posted By: Mps46
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 3:47am
Originally posted by puntar puntar wrote:

found out, that the problem was with the power cable; CPU needs to have 8 pin cable connected from PSU to ATX12V1 connector (CPU is actually printed on the cable).

Hope this helps.

B.

OK I use a 4 pin connector and the motherboard doesn't display. So I just have to change the power supply in order to have an atx 8pin connector!

Posted By: Mps46
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 3:58am
Originally posted by puntar puntar wrote:

Hope this helps.

B.

OK I use a 4 pin connector and the motherboard doesn't display. So I just have to change the power supply in order to have an atx 8pin connector?

Posted By: D3xy
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 1:55am
After a restart. Same issue take all off cpu. Ram. M2 hard put back and got 4 short beep. What happend?

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 9:30am
Figured it out. so i moved the risers on the motherboard, the riser with the long black port on the motherboard where you plug in the gpu is a graphic card section was the issue. Remove the riser that is plugged into the long port where the gpu input from the riser and plug it into the any remaining 12 sections. If you plug it into the long port at the gpu slots it wont allow video display cause it is meant for a video card. I turned everything off, i unplugged and relocated into another slot and bang video works..hope this helps. If your using all 13 slot then you would need to reconfigure the slot to reconize the input of the gpu riser and program the video display mainly on the dvi only .

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 9:35am
see my reply at the bottom!!

Posted By: B89MER
Date Posted: 11 May 2021 at 1:02pm
Just got this board from newegg. I spent 3 hours trying to narrow down why it wouldn't post. Straight from the package, no display. Fans all spun but that was it. Was a complete fresh mining build so didn't know what part wasn't working exactly. Turns out it was a dead CMOS battery. Replaced battery and started right up.

Posted By: Misinszki1975
Date Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 11:53am
Hi guys! My issue is not identical but close. I am using this motherboard with 9 gpus without any issues, as soon as I plug in 10,11 or 12 Gpus, the system does not boot. No display on onboard video, fans running but that?™s it.
I have tried all combinations, even brought a second motherboard, same thing. Thanks!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net