ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - USB keyboard/mouse does not function  in bios menu
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

USB keyboard/mouse does not function in bios menu

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joemac42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: USB keyboard/mouse does not function in bios menu
    Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 1:29am
I have an ASRock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming-ITX/ac motherboard with an AMD Ryzen 5 2600. Computer boots and runs just fine. I can hit F2 just prior to boot and get into the UEFI Bios menu, but from there I can't navigate or select any options. There is a mouse pointer that shows up in the middle of the screen, but no keyboard or mouse input works. I tried 2 different and fairly standard keyboards and mice, starting with the USB 2.0 ports but also trying the various USB 3.0 and 3.1 ports (rear panel, front header, etc.) and I could not get any input to work in bios. I downloaded a firmware update, hit F6 and the input worked in that menu. I thought the firmware update to X47GIA_1.40 might fix the issue, but it did not. I would like to access the bios settings - what else can I try?
joemac42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joemac42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 11:38pm
Just in case anyone else runs into this issue, I did find a soluntion. I used the jumper on the motherboard to clear the CMOS (CLRMOS1 in the manual, CLRCMOS1 printed on the motherboard) and I was able to have both the keyboard and mouse recognized in the EUFI bios.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic