ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unknown Driver help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pajevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unknown Driver help
    Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 5:47pm
Hi have an unknown driver and will not purchace so any one know where I can get it free?

ACPI\VEN_PNP&DEV_0510
ACPI\PNP0510
*PNP0510
Smile
A790/GXH/128 4Xagillity 2X6570 BD burn etc.Phenom Quad black edition
Win 8.1Pro with Media or 8.1 RT
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 7:44pm
That represents ACPI.

I'd suggest going to AMD's site and downloading then install the latest chipset software for your board.

Too, if you know where the 3-in-1 AMD package unpacked itself to you might try in Device Manage, bring up the Driver page for this device and Update pointing to the unpacked dir.

I've had this happen myself two or three times.
< id="kpm_plugin" ="application/x-KPMPlugin">
Pajevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pajevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 1:28am
Yeh issue is My 8 boots from my F drive which is not recognised under the operating enviroment,  any other sugestions?

Thank you for that tho, will have a look in my c: next.Wacko
A790/GXH/128 4Xagillity 2X6570 BD burn etc.Phenom Quad black edition
Win 8.1Pro with Media or 8.1 RT
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 4:07am
Originally posted by Pajevo Pajevo wrote:

Yeh issue is My 8 boots from my F drive which is not recognised under the operating enviroment,  any other sugestions?

F drive? Lemme guess. You installed Windows with more HDD's/SSD's connected than the one you intended Windows to be installed to?

If so, no. Other than a fresh OS install. This time with only the intended drive connected. No others.

Edited by wardog - 29 Nov 2015 at 4:08am
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 2:34am
Originally posted by Pajevo Pajevo wrote:

Thank you for that tho, will have a look in my c: next.Wacko

You might be able to fix the C: drive by disconnecting the F: drive, and then booting from your Windows 8 installation media, and selecting a Repair.

But if you then connect your F: drive again, and try to boot the PC, things may be confused. You may need to delete the boot partition (MBR) to fix that, although you'll need to use a program like Diskpart to do that.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 7:32am
^^^

There's a whole lot of if's, try's, may be's, may need's, and although's in that one line.

Just sayin'  Exclamation

Edited by wardog - 30 Nov 2015 at 7:33am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic