ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V problems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gassy93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V problems
    Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 3:47am
Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V
set automatically on 10 megabite negotiation . how to fix ? i own H97M Pro4 . Im not able to go more than 10 mega. with my 30 mega connection i've tried the cable on other devices and it works very well. please any help or suggestion ?
Gassy93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gassy93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 10:49pm
up
clubfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 11:53pm
Device Manager, right click on network adapter, link speed, set to just auto negotiate. Of course make sure you're using the latest Intel drivers too.
Gassy93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gassy93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 1:04am
Originally posted by clubfoot clubfoot wrote:

Device Manager, right click on network adapter, link speed, set to just auto negotiate. Of course make sure you're using the latest Intel drivers too.
it just disconect me from internet. and won't let me re-connect. I have my driver up to date
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 1:13am
Originally posted by Gassy93 Gassy93 wrote:

it just disconect me from internet. and won't let me re-connect. I have my driver up to date

What, if any, error is being displayed when it disconnects you?

What I218V driver version are you using? From where?

As clubfoot says, set it to Auto-Negotiate and forget it. The ONLY time this might get changed is if you are in a large office environment.

Have you tried new ethernet cables?

What Make and Model is your networking devices?

Gassy93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gassy93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 1:40am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Originally posted by Gassy93 Gassy93 wrote:

What, if any, error is being displayed when it disconnects you?

What I218V driver version are you using? From where?

As clubfoot says, set it to Auto-Negotiate and forget it. The ONLY time this might get changed is if you are in a large office environment.

Have you tried new ethernet cables?

What Make and Model is your networking devices?

[/QUOTE]

Hello and thanks for your reply. I get an error that no cable is connected. I tried the cable to all my laptopts and it works perfectly. Autonegotiate set my connection to 10 megabytes. the driver that im currently using is 12.15.23.8 .  My router brand is alice one , voip plus 2 . 

Edited by Gassy93 - 25 Apr 2017 at 1:42am
Gassy93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gassy93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 6:50pm

i Checked if the problem was the cable and the cable works very good on my other devices, anyhow i tried the driver and they don't work. And the router that i use is Alice voip plus 2.

Tried the solutions that you said. But it wont work.

i Noticed the loss of the panel "advanced".

Gyazo - b5a15acf72119dc89e91601feb401033.png

Gyazo - 5ad4137c5348e15c85ea76bb33e44905.png

Gyazo - b3c945b67cb549499d8add812bac2f05.png??/p>

and it says my driver is the last version. Gyazo - bdbcc06d9768aabac354175d8ab2dfd0.png

i tried to install the one u says and it shows me :

that i cant install it and i have to unistall the version i got. But when i go to unistall it and install this one it won't work either. For be more precise it says that my driver version don't allow updates ..

Gyazo - acb067f765c819ea1f2d74ebb7abab01.png

Edited by Gassy93 - 25 Apr 2017 at 9:49pm
clubfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 8:35pm
[/QUOTE]

Hello and thanks for your reply. I get an error that no cable is connected. I tried the cable to all my laptopts and it works perfectly. Autonegotiate set my connection to 10 megabytes. the driver that im currently using is 12.15.23.8 .  My router brand is alice one , voip plus 2 . 

[/QUOTE]
If you're using Windows10-64bit,...this is the driver you should be using. Select the correct one for your OS. If possible could you try a different "patch" cable. I know you've tried the same cable on other devices,...but.

Intel Lan driver ver:20.2
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H97M%20Pro4/?cat=Download&os=Win1064

I see you're having issues uninstalling the driver. First try to install the correct one from the link above, failing that go to Device Manager, right click on the Intel NIC and select uninstall and check the box for delete driver, and see if it uninstalls.

BTW none of the linked images you posted work.

Edited by clubfoot - 25 Apr 2017 at 8:36pm
Gassy93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gassy93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 9:47pm
I updated the links look at it now

Edited by Gassy93 - 25 Apr 2017 at 9:50pm
clubfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 9:54pm
Did the Intel driver from the ASRock support web site install?

What version of Windows are you using and do you have another network card installed?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic