ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x370 Gaming K4 Error Codes 0d and AE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote whitesnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x370 Gaming K4 Error Codes 0d and AE
    Posted: 25 May 2017 at 7:01am
SOLUTION:
In case anyone needs it but wants to avoid reading useless stuff I will post solution here as well.

Apparently, HDMI cable was the problem. My GPU needs drivers in order to display an image by using HDMI cable to connect it to the monitor. Had to use DVI cable with DVI supported monitor to install GPU drivers, now it works perfectly!

Hello everyone,

I made a following configuration:
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
RAM: HyperX Furry 8GB 2133Mhz(1 stick, HX421C14FB2/8)
GPU: AMD XFX RX580 8GB
MB: x370 Gaming K4 Fatality
HDD: SATA3 7200 500GB Toshiba P300

When I start up system my monitor's display won't turn on and when system is started with HDD plugged in, I get error code   AE, but when I start system without HDD being plugged in I get error code 0d.

I tried clearing CMOS battery multiple tipes, re-checked if everything  is plugged in properly. I  also tested monitor with   my  laptop  to make sure  that it is working properly. I did lots of digging  but couldn't find much about AE error code. RAM I also replaced, first I had HyperX Savage and by store's suggestion I took  HyperX furry which should work  on this  motherboard.

Can you people  please give me  any advice on what could be the cause of these issues? Thanks in advance to whoever responds to  this.

Edited by whitesnake - 30 May 2017 at 6:49am
razielrah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razielrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 2:29pm
Bios version??
Check if the bios supports your CPU
whitesnake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 6:09pm
Oh  forgot to mention that, BIOS version is 1.60, which supports my CPU  if I am correct.
Mike K View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mike K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 1:52am
I built a very similar system, And the components I purchased included a set of HyperX Fury memory that was on the QVL list for the X370 K4 motherboard.

Turns out after asking here and contacting support I got ahold of a used stick of generic Crucial ram and when I popped it in the board instantly booted into BIOS screen.

I then updated the BIOS to the current version at that time. 2.10 I think it was, but the board still refused to boot with the HyperX memory.

I returned it and got ahold of a set of Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 ( Which was not listed on the QVL list ) but it was a good deal to see if it would work. I now have it running on its XMP profile ( with a few tweaks to get it working at full speed ) and havent had any issues since.

I just wanted to let you know from MY experience with the exact same problem it was an issue of completely incompatible memory.

Edited by Mike K - 27 May 2017 at 1:53am
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 2:30am
alas in my experiance
hyperx just dosnt live up to the hype (excuse the pun) ive tried it before and found it dissapointing in regards to its performance
may i suggest looking at the option of beg/borrow/steal (hypothetically of course) another brand of ram to try and test boot and then update to latest version of bios before seeing if the hyperx wants t play ball (or in fact prooving the hyperx isnt viable)

which is more or less what mike has said and which i can agree would be the most likely issue
please humour us and take 5 mins to literally semi rebuild the pc though
as in
unplug replug all power cables
reseat the ram (make sure its in slot A2 and B2)
reseat your graphics card
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 9:54am
Thanks for the  replies and   head ups, unfortunately in my sh*tty  country(Serbia) it isn't as  easy to   replace parts as  it probably is  in yours, process took like two weeks  and half just to  replace damn RAM... So yeah... I tested  it on slots A1 and  B1,  I  will try with A2 and B2 and see  if it will work as well as do all reseating before I take  whole case to the shop I bought and have them do all the testings...
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 12:21pm
Two sticks of DRAM belong in A2 and B2

Please solidly seat them in A2 and B2, clear the BIOS, and then restart and reply back the results if you would.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 7:42pm
I apologize for replying late, didn't have the time to  do testing because of  work. Anyway, the  issue still persists.  Although I just have one  stick of   RAM, I tried using it in slots A2 and B2,  reinstalled GPU and cleared CMOS, also tried installing GPU in  another slot but still display won't power on and I get same error codes.

Unfortunately, I  will have to take it to the shop and have  them  take a look at it, will post results after it's  done(probably will  take two weeks or so). Also, I  would like  to  thank you all for advices and suggestions! You rock people!

Edited by whitesnake - 28 May 2017 at 7:44pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 6:48am
FINAL UPDATE:
Apparently, HDMI cable was the problem. My GPU needs drivers in order to display an image by using HDMI cable to connect it to the monitor. Had to use DVI cable with DVI supported monitor to install GPU drivers, now it works perfectly!
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 4:34am
excellent
thanks for taking time to post the resolution to problem to hekp others

allthough i must admit when i first built mine the rx480 didnt need extra driver on install to show signal to hdmi monitor

maybe your window boot  versions didnt know about the new rx580 ?

Edited by datonyb - 31 May 2017 at 4:36am
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic