ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 Pro4 - Missing PCIe Link Speed parameter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hapi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350 Pro4 - Missing PCIe Link Speed parameter
    Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 4:36pm

Hi all, I have a problem with an Digital Devices TV Card. The card is only randomly recognized by the system. The provider asked me to set the PCIe Link Speed parameter to Gen1 as it seems to be a known issue with ASROCK mother boards. Unfortunately I do not find this parameter in my AB350 Pro4 BIOS. Has it another name or something? Maybe somebody can drive me to the right direction or has another suggestion how I could fix this.

It seems if I restart my PC, the card is not recognized. However, once the PC was completely power off for a while, the card is recognized on first startup. Or any other suggestion, how I could achieve the very same start procedure when restarting the PC? I am working mostly remotely on this machine. Power Off is not really a good solution??I build the system a few days ago, I build the system some days ago, I would like to avoid to change to another mother board and setup everything again.

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 5:25pm
This may help.

Assuming you have this Option in the BIOS.

BIOS > AMD CBS > NBIO Common Options : PCIe ARI Support - Enable(?)

Please post back you findings.

Edited by wardog - 24 Aug 2017 at 5:26pm
hapi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hapi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 11:13pm
Hello, thanks for your replay. Unfortunately no luck. Same behaviour with ON and OFF as well as AUTO. Ouch

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 6:58am
What is residing on the topmost PCIe x16 slot?

If it is the TV card, that's a No No. Again, if it is the TV card move it to a different slot, clear/reset your BIOS after moving it and before powering it up.

Please post back you findings.

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 7:00am
Concerning
BIOS > AMD CBS > NBIO Common Options : PCIe ARI Support - Enable(?)

Did you clear/reset the BIOS before powering it up?
hapi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hapi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 1:47pm
Hello, thanks again for your feedback.

PCIe configuration top to down:

PCIe 1 (lagre slot):  Graphik Card (old one, not powerful)
PCIe 2 (small slot):  Additional Sound Card
PCIe 3 (large slot):  free
PCIe 4 (small slot):  TV card (running well)
PCIe 5 (small slot):  TV CI Card (this is the one which has the problem)

I tried also to move the card to PCIe 3 with same results.

The PCIe ARI Support parameter I changed in BIOS, save changes, then the system restarts. No luck, also after several restarts and also short power offs, no luck. Only when powering off for minutes, the card returns after first "cold start".

I am not sure what you mean with "clear/reset BIOS before powering up"? Sorry if it is an obvious question. 

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 2:50pm
Whenever you diagnose cards or mem, clear/reset BIOS before powering up.

But ..........

Ewwww. Two TV capture cards? PITA
hapi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hapi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 3:42pm

Ok, I will try with clear/reset BIOS. Then setting ARI parameter. This is the right sequence, or not?

Off topic: It is a TV server, it can receipt 8 SAT TV Channels in parallel and share it via LAN/W-LAN. The clients on TVs, PCs, Tablets and Mobiles of the family members are running Kodi an can receive TV channels and plan an play recordings. SAT cables are going only to the server. But this is for sure another story. One PCIe card is the TV card with 8 channels, the other is the Decrypting module holding pay-tv crypto cards via common interface. Everything legal. I was even planning to install an additional TV-Card for terrestrial reception (DVB-T2) of local TV and Radio stations. Thats why I have choosen an MB with several PCIe slots.

datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 5:16pm
not really my field but may i suggest

try swapping tv cards around eg 4 into 5 and 5 into 4 (slots)
or trying to test the card in slot 5 alone in both slot 4 and 5

just to see if its a conflict etc

edit
another thought are you using the sata ports that share the pcie bus link with the lower down slots ?
(eg slot 4 or 5)

Edited by datonyb - 25 Aug 2017 at 5:18pm
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
hapi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hapi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 11:38am
Unfortunately I had not much time to test. I reset BIOS and restartd serveral time. Issue was solved, card was detected each time, after restart as well as after longer shut down. 

Then I realized that vmware is not working anymore due to the CPU virtualization paramter set to disabled due to the default loaded in BIOS. I changed then only the CPU virtualization to Enabled in BIOS and sadly the detecting issue of the card was back. Any ideas?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic