FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to install USB 3 drivers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 10:18am
Meh, we really should get that BIOS updated to the current, L3.10, first.

DO NOT use internet Flash.

Download the Instant Flash file, unpack it, then move the BIOS file itself onto a freshly formatted FAT32 thumb drive. Then shut down and insert the thumb drive into a USB 2.0 port at the rear I/O panel, boot up, enter the BIOS and use the Instant Flash utility from inside the BIOS to upflash to L3.10. IIRC look under the Tools tab for the instant Flash utility. Once launched it should read the thumb drive and offer to upgrade the BIOS to the 3.10 file that is on it. Hit Enter when the file is displayed in the popp-up and follow any prompts till it asks to Reboot. Presto.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 10:09am
Hi John,

What "drive' is it you're plugging in?

If this a new build go to the below link and at the very bottom is "AMD Chipset, AHCI, USB 3.0 and RAID Drivers" for x86 or x64 editions of 10, 8.1, and 7.
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Run it after downloading, then reboot immediately afterwards.

Please post the results.
JohnS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 7:53am
Motherboard: FM2A88M Extreme4+
BIOS: P.290

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

USB 3 Controller in BIOS is set to "Auto"

When I plug a USB 3 capable external drive into any USB 3 port, I get a message that a driver failed to install. Device Manager shows two entries named Universal Serial Bus Controller under "Other Devices".  

USB 2 controllers work normally.

Have looked in the Support section here and downloaded All-In-1 driver package 15.20.1065. Extracted and ran it . It loads Catalyst drivers and such, but no USB 3 drivers.

Uninstalled the two controllers from Other Devices in Device Manager and rebooted. They came back.

Uninstalled them again but did not reboot. Ran All-In-1 driver setup again, but did not help.

Rebooted and two USB controllers again showing in Other Devices in Device Manager.

What else can I do?

thanks
john
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic