ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock Gaming k6 issue, please HELP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 2:34pm
Also, I'm not using LAN...I'm using a wireless usb for WIFI.
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 2:33pm
The light that flashes is right below the installed RAM, and right behind my GPU which is sort of large since its a 1070...right behind that plastic piece that you have pictured above...it is flashing as we speak. Also, yes....I will indeed keep an eye on it...I've checked BIOS to see that my installed RAM was indeed showing up and configured correctly...I did take the case off and made sure all was snug...which it seemed to be....please forgive me as I'm new to fiddling with all the parts...I know the parts...I just don't know how to put them all together...hence why I ordered this custom built. Also, it is running fine even after error code 30 shows up after booting from sleep mode...is it normal to beep once even out of sleep aswell? Thanks, you both have been a huge help...I spent a lot of money on this machine and really want it to last me until I feel comfortable messing with the components more.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 2:14pm
Parsec and I both have the same board as you. I have not seen any LEDs in that region of the board, flashing or otherwise. Are you sure it isn't just the NIC port lights or maybe a light on your GPU?

That or your board is mounted in an inverted case?

The 2 LEDs boxed in yellow at the bottom right of the board are BIOS indicator LEDs that tell you which of the 2 BIOS chips is in use. One of these will be on all the time, this is normal. On the IO Armor I have indicated the location of the LAN indicator LEDs, these can be seen from inside the case in some situations (like mine) even though they are on the rear IO shield. 

Are any of these the LED you are referring to?

Code 30 is a memory related error, if the system is waking from sleep and functioning normally I wouldn't worry about it. It is most likely that the system did not complete a memory test before the system woke. The fact that it does not happen from cold boot means your RAM is working fine but something is happening at wake that is preventing proper memory testing prior to handing off to the OS. I would keep an eye on it on cold boots and make sure it doesn't start happening there, I doubt it will but it's good to be safe. If it does then there is likely an issue with your RAM, if not it is likely just a bug. 200 series boards are still very new and BIOS updates/fixes are still under way. Fortunately most of these fixes are to do with trivial bugs.
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 1:36pm
Also the code stays until Normal shut down and restart. Thanks again man.
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 12:54pm
Also the led that is flashing is the one behind the installed video card in the upper PCIE slot to answer your question.
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 12:53pm
Hi, really appreciate the answer...I have noticed the error code 30 shows up after starting out of sleep mode accompanied by one beep, but again...all is running fine and dandy. But if I just start the computer from shutdown it passes all codes and beeps once and boots perfectly normal as well. But is it of concern that it beeps out of sleep as well and is accompanied by error code 30 even though things are running just fine? Again...thanks and hopefully you have good news for me as I'm worried as all get out over this.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Kanty Kanty wrote:

Hi all, I just recently got a custom built PC with this MOBO, I've just noticed I have a blinking red LED and error code 30, so I went ahead and restarted my Pc and the error code is gone and now it is blank but the LED is still flashing. Also, computer is running fine for the most part, all installed RAM is showing up correctly. Temps are all fine during prolonged gaming periods...please let me know as this i have just received this in the mail a day ago. Also of note is I get 1 beep on boot up that comes directly from the Motherboard. It seemingly boots just fine though.

Parts are:

I7 7700k with Asetek 550LC
Asus Dual fan GTX 1070
16GB 3000 MHz ADATA XPG z1
512 GB intel 600p
1TB WD HDD

Are you sure the red LED is blinking? Where is that LED on the board? Is that LED near the two digit LCD display?

Your board (I assume a Z270 Gaming K6) has two BIOS chips, each one has a small red LED indicator that shows which BIOS chip is being used, the main or backup. It does not indicate an error or problem.

Do you know that this board has the AURA RGB LED feature, and has LEDs all over the board? Maybe it is disabled in the BIOS if you don't have all kinds of lights showing up on your board. Or it could be just an AURA LED.

If you get one beep from the board, that means POST completed fine, and if the PC then boots Windows, you are fine. If the PC was running fine when you noticed the code on the display, it did not mean anything.
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 9:56am
Hi all, I just recently got a custom built PC with this MOBO, I've just noticed I have a blinking red LED and error code 30, so I went ahead and restarted my Pc and the error code is gone and now it is blank but the LED is still flashing. Also, computer is running fine for the most part, all installed RAM is showing up correctly. Temps are all fine during prolonged gaming periods...please let me know as this i have just received this in the mail a day ago. Also of note is I get 1 beep on boot up that comes directly from the Motherboard. It seemingly boots just fine though.

Parts are:

I7 7700k with Asetek 550LC
Asus Dual fan GTX 1070
16GB 3000 MHz ADATA XPG z1
512 GB intel 600p
1TB WD HDD

Edited by Kanty - 08 Mar 2017 at 11:28am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic