ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

IBT AVX - request

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
nangu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nangu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 4:05am
Just tried IBT for you. I got 77 Gflops @2933 14-16-16-30 geardown enabled.
nangu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nangu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 3:17am
tRFC values are dependant on memory speed. Each memory chip has a manufacturer recomended value.

Check this post on OCN: 

On the AMD comunity post, that one which talk about DRAM, they said tFAW can be calculated as 4 times tRRDS. As your tRRDS is 6, I suggested to try tFAW=24, which worked straight for me and delivered lower latency values and a bit higher bandwith.

Cheers.
Asingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

As I said previously, gflops are more affected by the amount of RAM, than speed.

A FLOPS is actually a measure of "Floating Point operations per Second"

It, gflops, is not a measure of anything more.

Nicely, I think you're spending too much time worrying over very little. There are far more benchmarks that you should be focusing your attention to.

That said, give me those screenies of AIDA if now at 2933 it will let you change CAS/CL to 14. It should maybe at 15 but 14 will change things up big time.

I don`t understand what are you trying to say??  To give you screenshoot of AIDA64? I put these in my yesterday post...

To change tcl to 14-15?

Also should I change what user nangu tolde me, try tfaw 24?

In that tutorial which I used for this memory tweaking there is a this line:

As for the tRFC, tRFC2 & tRFC4 you may try yo go higher if the current options don't work
tRFC1: 525 tRFC2: 389 tRFC4: 239

or maybe even 
607-451-278
just for the heck of it and see if that improves stability for this RAM chip.

I used first numbers, would it be faster to used the numbers in second row (607-451-278)?

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 2:37am
As I said previously, gflops are more affected by the amount of RAM, than speed.

A FLOPS is actually a measure of "Floating Point operations per Second"

It, gflops, is not a measure of anything more.

Nicely, I think you're spending too much time worrying over very little. There are far more benchmarks that you should be focusing your attention to.

That said, give me those screenies of AIDA if now at 2933 it will let you change CAS/CL to 14. It should maybe at 15 but 14 will change things up big time.

nangu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nangu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 2:37am
Originally posted by Asingo Asingo wrote:

Wardog, I follow this tutorial for my mbo and ram and I got 2933. Seems stable for now.

Here are the pictures:

https://imgur.com/a/8XaJF

IBT AVX test stays the same (Gflops), why is that? I am worried that you got the much better high score with slower memory? Is that normal? AIDA64 score (MB/s) normal for this frequency?

Opinions?

Your AIDA64 memory benchmark seems to be inline with my own results @2933.

I get a bit better latency, but it's because my 14-16-16-16 timings and 1T Geardown enabled.

I'll try to run IBT this weekend and post my results.

EDIT: Try fFAW = 24 (4 times tRRDS). It worked on my end and lowered latency from 82 to 79ns.

Edited by nangu - 09 Sep 2017 at 2:40am
Asingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 1:01am
Wardog, I follow this tutorial for my mbo and ram and I got 2933. Seems stable for now.

Here are the pictures:

https://imgur.com/a/8XaJF

IBT AVX test stays the same (Gflops), why is that? I am worried that you got the much better high score with slower memory? Is that normal? AIDA64 score (MB/s) normal for this frequency?

Opinions?
Asingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 3:43pm

No problem, it is not urgent.

Bring the CAS/CL to 15 then 14 and post some AIDA Cache and Memory test shots please.

I'm looking at which way a couple of specific results in them go.

I will try in 2-3 days. I found this:

https://forum.level1techs.com/t/ryzen-instability-solved/117112

very great tutorial for my board and my memory. I will follow that than I will report here
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 10:38am

No problem, it is not urgent.

Bring the CAS/CL to 15 then 14 and post some AIDA Cache and Memory test shots please.

I'm looking at which way a couple of specific results in them go.
Asingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 12:29am

I don`t get it, you get 88 and I get 51 on that test form majorgeeks. Why is that a big difference. IBT AVX test nor reliable?

Yea. Test to test there you have ~1gb of mem diff. Background processes there must be running.

I close all backgrund programs and in test I got 53 Dead

Her is the picture of my memory timmings:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1637134/lightbox/post/26321682/id/3111474

On that picture geardown mode is set to disabled but in BIOS is set to AUTO

are settings ok for 2400mhz?

I've been up all night building and configuring a NAS box for a client. To run XPEnology no less. Finally finished. Sorry for the delays in responding. He now has a box running the latest Synology DSM and is configured exactly as a 12-bay DS3615xs. Replete with three 4-port Intel Server NIC's to run Synology's Surveillance Station in viewing and alerting him of intrusions.

Asingo, list out your hardware if you'd be so kind.

When I wake, I'll read your reply.

Night all.

No problem, it is not urgent. Sweet dreams LOL

My spec are:

x370 k4 - bios 3.1
r5 1600 stock (3.4ghz - sometimes 1-2 cores jump to 3.7ghz)
2x8gb CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 - running at 2400mhz - xmp profile
Ati 7770
Win 10 (ryzen balanced power plan installed)

Here is my AIDA64 memory test:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1637134/lightbox/post/26321670/id/3111426

Here is some more memory test:

https://imgur.com/a/oZJEQ

Latency seems very high?Confused

Edited by Asingo - 05 Sep 2017 at 1:45am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 12:11am

I don`t get it, you get 88 and I get 51 on that test form majorgeeks. Why is that a big difference. IBT AVX test nor reliable?

Yea. Test to test there you have ~1gb of mem diff. Background processes there must be running.

I close all backgrund programs and in test I got 53 Dead

Her is the picture of my memory timmings:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1637134/lightbox/post/26321682/id/3111474

On that picture geardown mode is set to disabled but in BIOS is set to AUTO

are settings ok for 2400mhz?

I've been up all night building and configuring a NAS box for a client. To run XPEnology no less. Finally finished. Sorry for the delays in responding. He now has a box running the latest Synology DSM and is configured exactly as a 12-bay DS3615xs. Replete with three 4-port Intel Server NIC's to run Synology's Surveillance Station in viewing and alerting him of intrusions.

Asingo, list out your hardware if you'd be so kind.

When I wake, I'll read your reply.

Night all.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic