ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 3600x, X470 Taichi, b-die, unstable memory, WHEA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

3600x, X470 Taichi, b-die, unstable memory, WHEA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Rpeck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rpeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 12:35am
Originally posted by mmf mmf wrote:

Originally posted by Rpeck Rpeck wrote:

Having the same issue, with a 3800X has anyone found a solution? I put in a support ticket with ASRock, but no reply yet.

They are testing a new bios through support which fixed memory clock issues for me.
However I still get WHEA errors and resets in Windows and also during boot. Hopefully a fix from AMD for these asap.

How do I get ahold of this BIOS? I opened a ticket a couple days ago via email and haven't heard anything back, besides the auto-reply
Rpeck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rpeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 12:33am
How do I get ahold of this BIOS? Is it hosted as BETA bios anywhere?
Max9R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max9R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 6:33am
Same problem for me, I was thinking the 3600X was just a dud, but started finding that I wasn't the only one with this problem.

BIOS 3.43 is fine with a 2400G (bought to hold me over to Ryzen 3000), G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14D 2x16GB kit, Radeon 5700XT, and runs perfectly stable. Put in the 3600X and it's a complete joke. BSOD constantly, Watchdog timeouts, driver power state failure, WHEA uncorrectable errors, etc...

I've been building PC's for 30+ years, this is by far the worst upgrade experience I've ever had. BTW it's not just ASRock either, I have an MSI B450 Tomahawk and it's just as bad if not worse. Half the time it won't even post with their latest BIOS version 7C02v18.

I have a 3900X coming on Tuesday, and it appears, nothing to put it in. That said, if it magically works in both boards, then my 3600X is getting RMA'ed but some how I seriously doubt that's going to happen.
mmf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 12:17am
Originally posted by Rpeck Rpeck wrote:

Having the same issue, with a 3800X has anyone found a solution? I put in a support ticket with ASRock, but no reply yet.

They are testing a new bios through support which fixed memory clock issues for me.
However I still get WHEA errors and resets in Windows and also during boot. Hopefully a fix from AMD for these asap.
Rpeck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rpeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 12:05am
Jakob84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jakob84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 8:24pm
OK at least got a little hope now
found this...

https://www.techpowerup.com/257201/bios-rom-size-limitations-almost-derail-amds-zen2-backwards-compatibility-promise

made a ticket with my issues.. really hope the bios updates comes sooner rather then later.
Loddan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loddan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 3:43pm
Ye, so.

It seems we're using the Agesa Combo 1.0.0.1 which seems to have AMD's NDA lock for ram-memories running at max 2400 Mhz.

That's why we can't use XMP profiles etc. It's not that our hardware doesn't support it.

Asrock fucked up.

They need to release Combo1.0.0.3 so we can use XMP on our RAM.
mmf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 4:01am
Originally posted by KungFuSpaghetti KungFuSpaghetti wrote:

Certainly looking like a combination of 2 issues. Poor bios combined with this nvidia GPU issue.

The whea_uncorrectable_error BSOD is nvidia driver related, the rest of the crashing looks like bios... brilliant.

Have you tried setting PCIe to gen 2?
Also on the [URL=https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-amd-motherboards/1627407-asrock-x370-taichi-overclocking-thread-531.html]overclockers.net x370 Taichi thread[/URL] the same problems are reported with memory and whea, as well as [URL=https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cbqnbo/3800x_installed_in_asrock_x370_mild_overclock_and/]here[/URL] with a 3800x on x370 Taichi.

KungFuSpaghetti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KungFuSpaghetti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 2:53am
Certainly looking like a combination of 2 issues. Poor bios combined with this nvidia GPU issue.

The whea_uncorrectable_error BSOD is nvidia driver related, the rest of the crashing looks like bios... brilliant.
Jakob84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jakob84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 2:37am
Same issues... 3.40, 3.43 dosnt matter.
Only 2033 mhz speed ram spd will post.... dram timings change or dram profile settings result in post failure 100%

sometimes secondary gpu stays active and no light on primary/active state on primary pcie. resulting in no display of course.

everything worked flawless with my ryzen 1600.

put in 3700x and everything is sh*t again kinda reminds me of ryzen 1 gen launch only worse.

my specs
cpu: Ryzen 3700x
mobo: Taichi 470
ram: G.Skill tridentz cl 14 3200mhz
gfx: 2 x vega 64
psu: 1300w seagate
win 10 64 bit
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic