ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No signal to monitor at HDMI or display port

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
melgoth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melgoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No signal to monitor at HDMI or display port
    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 1:30am
In the meantime, as I wrote before, I got a signal to the monitor, but there are still problems.

What have I done:
I removed 2 HyperX HX432C16FB3K4 / 128 memory modules from banks A1 and B1 so that only memory modules were available in banks A2 and B2. After a CLRCMOS the second start was successful, so I think that the CPU is correct and most of the board too.
However, only 1 memory module in bank A2 was recognized from the BIOS. After a second CLRCMOS, I reinstalled all 4 memory modules and started again successfully. Now only 2 memory modules were recognized by the BIOS, 1 from bank A2 and 1 from bank A1.

Memory modules were not recognized in any bank of B.

Now I flashed the bios from 1.0 to the latest 1.3. Then I put 1 memory module in B2 and booted successfully.
So I tried several configurations.
A1,B1,A2,B2 -> no boot, no display again, error code 4C
A1,A2,B2 -> no boot, no display again, error code 4C
A2,B2-> successful boot

So again maybe the memory modules are not compatible or the board has a problem in case of using more then 2 banks?
melgoth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melgoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 2:27am
After removing 1 memory from banks A1 and B1 and performing a cmos reset, I received a signal on my monitor . Then I saw that only the memory module in A2 was recognized by the BIOS. A new reset and the repeated installation of all memory banks with the 32GB HyperX modules also led to a successful boot with a display signal. But again only the modules in banks A1 and A2 were recognized. It looks as if the memory is not recognized correctly .
melgoth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melgoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 12:53am
Just tried to assembly new pc, but can't get a signal to monitor on HDMI or display port!

MB:AsRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 7
CPU:Intel Core i9-9900K 3600
Memory:Kingston HyperX HX432C16FB3K4/128 4X32GB=128GB

Dr.Debug: jumps around 00->31->34->4C, or 00->4C

It would be very nice to get help

Thanks a lot for answers
melgoth

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic