ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatality z170 ITX / WONT POST / BLACK SCREEN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
billmag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billmag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 9:21am
I don't have any help to offer, but oddly my Z170 Fatal1ty ITX just bricked in similar fashion. It is a new build as well, was working fine, I installed Ubuntu on it with UEFI boot and it and after finishing and rebooting it won't even power up. I'm about to post a thread on it. Anyhow, I had  updated to UEFI version 2.0 released 3/15 prior to the build - you might want to check your version.
EViL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EViL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 1:36am

Just built this RIG on 03/19/2016

Everything went incredibly well at first, installed windows to the m.2 Samsung Pro drive without issues.

System booted the Balistic Ram x2400 MHz, I used this RAM only to get everything running then when my ram was delivered later Saturday afternoon I installed GSKILL TRIDENT 3200.

This RAM worked fine right away, set the ram in the bios to run at the 3200mhz from the defaulted 2400mhz , saved the changes, rebooted, and wanted to make sure the system seemed stable and I tried running Tom Clancy's The Division. The game performed perfectly, the system I don't even think heated up. I only played 20-30min tops. No system issues.

Sturned off the system at 3am Sunday, tried booting at around 4pm the following day, and nothing.

Black Screen - w/CPU COLLER AND FANS ON (I don't have a case speaker, so no sounds etc.)

What I have tested:

Clearing CMOS
Removed ALL USB items i.e. WIFI, kbm, and M.2. Tried booting 1 stick of ram (Same results)
Different PSU
Different sets of ram
Used 2 different sets to TS.

Going to reset the MOBO battery later when I get home. Any other suggestion, let me know, im dying without the new beast...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic