ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

RMA Incident

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheCrazyGoat9386 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RMA Incident
    Posted: 14 Jun 2024 at 6:30am
I've had some issue's with the RMA process through the American side of things. I won't go through all that right now but, the board I received back has hair all over it. It seems to be pet hair. Now, I sent in a brand spanking new board. Not even used for three months. Why do I receive a refurbished board with hair not only all over the board but in the socket as well. I just got this board back from the RMA department yesterday. Open it up today to find hair(assuming animal). I sent it in with the original box so it was safe and hair free. I know it was because I took pictures of the motherboard before it left my house. Have to be safe. Then it gets sent back with a decent box. It was well packaged. I can't argue about that at all. It was treated well. It's just different from the original box. Don't understand why that's a thing. Not a big deal though. As long as the board was safe.

Now, I paid $500 for this board and only have been able to use it for roughly a month. I know I can clean it off but is the process of the RMA department really that unclean? I have several pictures documented. Including the original documents with the RMA department. With the issue's I was having. Is there a possibility to speak to a representative here? Every time I've called the USA RMA Department. I've been met with a pick up - then hang up. That's documented as well.

I hate complaining about things. I'm generally pretty easy to get along with and hardly ever say anything if a product fails because it does happen. It's not the end of the world but time is one thing I'm unable to get back. This whole process has honestly been one of the worst experiences with customer service that I've ever dealt with.

Side note: G.Skill has sent me brand new $200-$300 ram because of a defect. AMD has done the same after double checking. I apologize up front for grammatical errors.

I've loved ASRock boards since the beginning of AM4. I've owned a few and sold hundreds in builds that I've made. Still have a X570 Taichi board that's an absolute tank of a board. One of the most dependable boards I've owned. Especially for overclocking memory. The features make it extremely simple to wipe and try again.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2024 at 2:59pm
It sounds like you received a returned and tested/repaired board. I don't speak for
ASRock but I believe they typically send out a tested working board as soon as they
have verified that the board they received has not been damaged/tampered with and
is covered by warranty.

In your case it's likely someone sent an RMA of a board that was covered in pet
hair, it was tested and/or repaired then sent out to you. From what I gather, most
"repairs" are simply BIOS flashes after failed/bricked updates. It's no excuse
but I do know that boards that are sent out to users for RMA are always tested
by the support staff before being sent. Perhaps the lighting is bad or the person
responsible was in a hurry and didn't notice/pay attention to the hair.

If you want to talk to someone from ASRock you will need to open a support ticket
or find an email address from their website to submit your complaint.

Good luck.
K9PT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K9PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2024 at 7:06pm
In America send this type of problem to FTC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic