ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New Bios (7.06) bricked with XMP on, Broke Window
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Bios (7.06) bricked with XMP on, Broke Window

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jdmcclintic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdmcclintic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2024 at 3:29am
Struggling with this build. Intel i9 14900kf. Dealing with the Voltage unlimited problem that was breaking these CPUs. Dialed it down until it was stable (P-Core to 57, 44 foe E-Cores. 253 Watts max. Voltage at 300. Undervolted Ram, Everything that forums across the internet recommended for it too stop the crashing.) All on the 6.10 BIOS release. This took weeks to dial in for the various programs to finally run properly.

I am aware that Intel is working with the MB manufactures on fixing this, so I was excited to see a new BIOS on the support page. I download it and flash install from the USB. I turned on XMP, after noticing it turned off, but other then that I switched it to "Intel Basse Power Limit". This ended up in a long boot loop. So I went back into power and dialed everything back down to what I hade before and was finally able to get it to boot. I ran Cinebench and found I had dropped from 33800 MC to 14900. I then noticed that I had lost Audio, and only the NVidia HDMI output was showing. The Realtech audio had disappeared and installing new Realtech drivers from your site did not fix this. When I went into Windows System setting, my Windows key was deactivated due to "hardware changes" and now Windows can't connect to their servers.

When is ASRock going to have a proper BIOS that addresses the i9 issues, and what can I do to fix the new issues (No Audio and Broken Windows Key) the new BIOS introduced?
Intel i9 14900kf
ASRock z790 Riptide WiFi
NVidia 3080 10 gb
128 GB G Skill DDR5
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic