ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X670e Steel Legend no post after BIOS 3.01

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M440 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2024 at 3:12am

asrock b650m/hdv.m2, ryzen 7700x@85watt
ShinisterAct View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShinisterAct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2024 at 7:24pm
An update, but not a good one *sigh

ASRock said to send in for testing to vendor. I started the RMA process. Motherboard picked up and sent in for testing, wouldn?™t POST, deemed faulty. Replacement motherboard authorised. Good news I thought??

I just rebuilt the system, with only a change of cables for the AIO cooler for better control. Have double checked all connections, powered her up, and exactly the same fail to POST is happening.

The only positive so far is the cable change for the cooler has linked the RGB of the case lights and fans with the AIO so the rainbow vomit is perfectly synced and looks disgustingly perfect. That is of course apart from the ASRock 7900GRE steel legend that won?™t sync until I can boot up

Any thoughts on something I may have missed or if I?™m being stupid?

Am I sending back the CPU and hoping?

Thanks

Also, without any display I can?™t alter settings whatsoever. This is hardware which was working fine until a BIOS update and since then I haven?™t been able to post, even after RMA and using a new motherboard.
killroy2963 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killroy2963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2024 at 2:17am
Originally posted by ShinisterAct ShinisterAct wrote:

An update, but not a good one *sigh

ASRock said to send in for testing to vendor. I started the RMA process. Motherboard picked up and sent in for testing, wouldn?�t POST, deemed faulty. Replacement motherboard authorised. Good news I thought??

I just rebuilt the system, with only a change of cables for the AIO cooler for better control. Have double checked all connections, powered her up, and exactly the same fail to POST is happening.

The only positive so far is the cable change for the cooler has linked the RGB of the case lights and fans with the AIO so the rainbow vomit is perfectly synced and looks disgustingly perfect. That is of course apart from the ASRock 7900GRE steel legend that won?�t sync until I can boot up

Any thoughts on something I may have missed or if I?�m being stupid?

Am I sending back the CPU and hoping?

Thanks

Also, without any display I can?�t alter settings whatsoever. This is hardware which was working fine until a BIOS update and since then I haven?�t been able to post, even after RMA and using a new motherboard.

The problem isn't with the motherboard,CPU, GPU or anything else in my opinion, it's the bios software. I have the same board and have had very similar problems with booting issues with some of Asrock's bios versions, including 3.01. Currently I use version 2.10 without problems, and I used several other versions as well. I would use flashback and try version 2.10, or try one of the earlier versions like 1.30 AS05. Unfortunately Asrock tech support is of little help, they will just tell you to RMA the board, which won't fix the problem. Anyway good luck.
ASRock X670E Steel legend
AMD 7800X3D
Gigabyte 4080 RTX
GSkill FlareX 5 DDR-5 6000
Sound Blaster AE-5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShinisterAct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2024 at 2:28am
That?™s what I keep telling myself so I had BIOS 2.10 waiting to InstantFlash the board before powering on.

2.10 was stable no issues and no way was I going to try 3.01 again as that?™s what started this problem.

I?™ve reseated the cpu a couple times just to make sure but same thing.

What is the oldest BIOS version for this board that I could try which won?™t fry my CPU?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killroy2963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2024 at 3:01am

That?�s what I keep telling myself so I had BIOS 2.10 waiting to InstantFlash the board before powering on.

2.10 was stable no issues and no way was I going to try 3.01 again as that?�s what started this problem.

I?�ve reseated the cpu a couple times just to make sure but same thing.

What is the oldest BIOS version for this board that I could try which won?�t fry my CPU?

The oldest I used was 1.30 AS05, I think I also used 2.06 AS03 as well, none of them will fry your CPU, so don't worry about that. Versions 2.00 and 2.02 did not work for me. I would use the Flashback method for flashing the bios, sometimes the Instant Flash method won't work with some of their buggy bios versions.

https://asrock.com/support/QA/FlashbackSOP.pdf
AMD 7800X3D
Gigabyte 4080 RTX
Sound Blaster AE-5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShinisterAct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2024 at 3:13am
That?™s the method I used, before I powered on, to install 2.10. I?™ll have to get to a different PC next week to try another version. Might go back to 1.30 one by one and just keep hoping something works ??

Thanks for the reply ??
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killroy2963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2024 at 3:29am

That?�s the method I used, before I powered on, to install 2.10. I?�ll have to get to a different PC next week to try another version. Might go back to 1.30 one by one and just keep hoping something works ??

Thanks for the reply ??

You're welcome! I would start with 2.10 and go back from there. They should be releasing a new bios soon for our board, which is 3.05, I'm hoping it will fix my booting problems as well. My worst case is I'll be stuck on 2.10, and won't be able to upgrade to any new CPU's. that said I regret buying this board, the support leaves a lot to be desired.
AMD 7800X3D
Gigabyte 4080 RTX
Sound Blaster AE-5
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killroy2963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2024 at 3:31am
I wouldn't go any further back than 1.30 AS02.
AMD 7800X3D
Gigabyte 4080 RTX
Sound Blaster AE-5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShinisterAct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2024 at 3:34am
I haven?™t found the support too bad. ASRock EU were as helpful as they could be via messages.

They said the error LEDs on the motherboard tells them it?™s saying no power to cpu.

It?™s a shame because it was working perfectly for months and I?™m not getting anywhere fast.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killroy2963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2024 at 3:39am

I haven?�t found the support too bad. ASRock EU were as helpful as they could be via messages.

They said the error LEDs on the motherboard tells them it?�s saying no power to cpu.

It?�s a shame because it was working perfectly for months and I?�m not getting anywhere fast.

Well good luck, let us know what happens.
AMD 7800X3D
Gigabyte 4080 RTX
Sound Blaster AE-5
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic