ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X670e Steel Legend no post after BIOS 3.01

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShinisterAct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2024 at 4:50pm
Hey Killroy, just thinking if you know we are due 3.05 soon, do you happen to have any release notes for the other BIOS versions?
killroy2963 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killroy2963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2024 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by ShinisterAct ShinisterAct wrote:

Hey Killroy, just thinking if you know we are due 3.05 soon, do you happen to have any release notes for the other BIOS versions?

The release notes will be right on the Asrock support page. I wouldn't pay much attention to them though, they are very basic in the information they provide.

https://asrock.com/mb/AMD/X670E%20Steel%20Legend/index.us.asp#BIOS
ASRock X670E Steel legend
AMD 7800X3D
Gigabyte 4080 RTX
GSkill FlareX 5 DDR-5 6000
Sound Blaster AE-5
mrbill View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2024 at 4:28am

I haven?�t found the support too bad. ASRock EU were as helpful as they could be via messages.

They said the error LEDs on the motherboard tells them it?�s saying no power to cpu.

It?�s a shame because it was working perfectly for months and I?�m not getting anywhere fast.

Wish I could say the same. ASRock support (Eric from the USA) recommended I keep running a LogoFail vulnerable 1.30AS05 firmware.

Supposedly memory training changed after 1.30AS05, but where's the official documentation from ASRock? I found none. ASRock hangs us out to dry. This was my first and will be my last ASRock board.
ASRock X670E Steel Legend (ABA159EAF581)
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X
32GB (2x16GB) G.Skill F5-5200J4040A16GX2-RS5K
WD SN570 2TB
MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti
Win 11 Pro
ShinisterAct View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShinisterAct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2024 at 5:21am
ASRock want me to hash check the bios updates I?™ve been using (direct from the motherboard support page. I?™ll do that when I get enough bits to make a 2nd temporary system.

Until then I?™ve RMAd the CPU more as a sanity check that anything else.

I?™m expecting no error, working as normal and I?™m stuck with a dead system. Interesting would be error found and new CPU sent out, and then pray the new motherboard which has BIOS 2.10 on works with it.

Not overly disappointed with ASRock. This is one of those weird things that with back up equipment I could test myself to a certain extent. Going to AMD and DDR5 for the new system left me unable to do that yet.

Just waiting on the CPU to be tested Monday/Tuesday and will know more then ??forumCodes=True
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote killroy2963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2024 at 3:03am
Originally posted by mrbill mrbill wrote:

I haven?�t found the support too bad. ASRock EU were as helpful as they could be via messages.

They said the error LEDs on the motherboard tells them it?�s saying no power to cpu.

It?�s a shame because it was working perfectly for months and I?�m not getting anywhere fast.

Wish I could say the same. ASRock support (Eric from the USA) recommended I keep running a LogoFail vulnerable 1.30AS05 firmware.

Supposedly memory training changed after 1.30AS05, but where's the official documentation from ASRock? I found none. ASRock hangs us out to dry. This was my first and will be my last ASRock board.

Yes I have had Eric as well, he is all but useless in providing help other than telling you to RMA a good board.
AMD 7800X3D
Gigabyte 4080 RTX
Sound Blaster AE-5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShinisterAct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2024 at 3:20am
Hahaha

Good timing of the reply as it?™s update time. CPU got tested earlier today, working fine which is good. They could send it back but then I?™d be no further down the line.

They offered to let me send the entire system into them, they?™ll put the CPU in when the system arrives there and do a non warranty diagnostic for a small fee which I think is worth every penny. The postage will cost more as they closed their branch in my city 6/8 years back.

So yeah I?™m in a place where sending the entire system, ram ssd and gpu included, everything, in the glass fish tank case I put it all in seems like a great idea.

At least they?™ve got the ability to figure it out. Just trying to stay positive lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShinisterAct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2024 at 9:34pm
System arrived relatively unscathed, lower fan dust guard apparently got dented in transit. If that?™s all that happened I?™m happy enough.

They installed the CPU and cooler into the 2nd motherboard which I never got to work. They found the same issues that I was.

They then used a repurposed MSI flash drive that they use to install BIOS on systems because for some reason they always work. They put on BIOS 3.01 which is the one that started all these problems?? Boots straight to windows all good. So it appears the flash drive I used, which wasn?™t a problem for 3/4 BIOS updates, didn?™t like something.

I could have had the system back for the weekend but they wouldn?™t be able to stress test and run their diagnostics. I just said keep it and do what you gotta do, next week isn?™t a long time to wait.

So yeah, at least it wasn?™t something stupid. Almost a shame ASRock don?™t do what MSI apparently do which is give you a compatible USB stick with original bios, in case things go wrong.

No idea what caused the actual problem, or what the problem was, but system is working now and I don?™t think I?™ll be updating BIOS anytime soon ;)
mrbill View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2024 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by killroy2963 killroy2963 wrote:

Yes I have had Eric as well, he is all but useless in providing help other than telling you to RMA a good board.

Other than the initial response, where Eric suggested we use old FW with security vulnerabilities, we still haven't heard from him in three months. So I sent him another email today asking he respond to the reply I sent months ago. My expectations are low that I'll even get a response considering ASRock as a company is allowing their support staff to encourage their customers to keep using old FW with known security vulnerabilities. Poor support all the way around IMO.
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X
WD SN570 2TB
Win 11 Pro
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killroy2963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2024 at 8:05am
Originally posted by mrbill mrbill wrote:

Originally posted by killroy2963 killroy2963 wrote:

Other than the initial response, where Eric suggested we use old FW with security vulnerabilities, we still haven't heard from him in three months. So I sent him another email today asking he respond to the reply I sent months ago. My expectations are low that I'll even get a response considering ASRock as a company is allowing their support staff to encourage their customers to keep using old FW with known security vulnerabilities. Poor support all the way around IMO.

Bios version 3.06 finally released for the Steel Legend, I flashed it and everything seems to be working fine, no issues at all. It's too bad Eric is of no help and recommends ridiculous solutions, like in your case and mine. Ripping the motherboard out and RMA'ing it and waiting weeks to get a replacement should be last on the list to recommend, especially when it doesn't fix the problem.

Good luck with you're board, hopefully 3.06 works as well for you.
AMD 7800X3D
Gigabyte 4080 RTX
Sound Blaster AE-5
mrbill View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2024 at 12:51pm
No luck here and what a nightmare with fw 3.06. I did get it to train the memory but windows would crash when restarting the pc. So i rolled back to 1.30as05 and encountered all kinds of errors - no start menu, no file association endpoints and more joys. I used wre to roll back to a restore point and all I get is a black screen after logging in. Can?™t even see task manager. I?™m now in the process of resetting the pc. Let me tell u, if I have to pull out the x670e steel legend mb for a RMA, an ASRock board isn?™t going back in. I?™m so done with that company. Regardless, I?™m glad it worked out well for you. I?™d hate anyone else to experience what I?™m going through.
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X
WD SN570 2TB
Win 11 Pro
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic