ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock z690m-ITX BIOS 18.04

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock z690m-ITX BIOS 18.04
    Posted: 21 Jun 2024 at 7:42am
Hello all, I've noticed a new bios version that had been released (18.04) which is suppose to apply Intel recommended voltage settings. However it seems this only applies to the K series of Intel chips unless I am reading this wrong. It reads:

"Optimize BIOS default for 13&14th Gen K SKU by Intel recommended settings."

Will this apply for the 13700 non-K version? If not, will ASRock come out with a bios version for non-K chip owners? My CPU sky rockets to insane temperatures and this has always gotten me worried over the longevity of my computer.
aclar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aclar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2024 at 2:28am
I purchased new i9-14900 (non "K" version) and Z690M-ITX/ax motherboard but before installing the CPU I upgraded the BIOS to v19.02. I assume the upgrade was successful because the alternating orange/green blinking light turned solid green after about 5 minutes. After installing CPU, RAM, and connecting P/S (not put inside case), I shorted the motherboard's two power-on pins, but neither my power supply or CPU fans turned on. Only the flashback status LED remained lit green. I know the RAM, and P/S are good because they work on an identical motherboard with BIOS v19.02. The P/S & CPU fans turn on if I short the green & black wires on the 24-PIN power supply connector.

I contacted Asrock yesterday at 3PM Pacific Time but have yet to receive a call back.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic