ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 10 in USB not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows 10 in USB not working
    Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 12:11pm
So when I tried to put my USB with Windows 10 installed into my custom Pc, it shows a black screen that says, "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key." Now, many of my friends have built their own Pc as well but none of them has come across this screen before. I would like some help so I can understand what is going on!              
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 1:18pm
Describe in detail the means/method used to put 10 on the stick, as it appears it isn't bootable.

EDIT: Also, what MB?

Edited by wardog - 25 Jul 2016 at 1:19pm
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Coolz Coolz wrote:

So when I tried to put my USB with Windows 10 installed into my custom Pc, it shows a black screen that says, "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key." Now, many of my friends have built their own Pc as well but none of them has come across this screen before. I would like some help so I can understand what is going on!              

What mother board are you using?

What USB port did you use? That is, location of the port, on the PC case, or on the board's IO panel?

What type of USB port? USB 2.0 or 3.0?

What is the source of the "USB" (flash drive? "USB" is very ambiguous) with Windows 10? Sold with Windows 10 on it from MSoft? Created yourself? Or some other device?

If created yourself, how did you create it? What was the process?

We cannot begin to help without this information.

The message you received is a very basic and common one encountered when attempting to install any version of Windows. Either the "USB" media has a problem, or your USB connection is not active.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic