ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AM4 BIOS info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141516
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkvader75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2024 at 2:15pm
Board model: X570 Taichi
BIOS version: 5.60, 5.61,
CPU: 5950X
RAM: 64GB DDR4000 will only run at 3733 or less.

Notes: When using 5.61 system completely destabilized and crashed regularly rebooting the entire system randomly. I did full bios resets full settings resets and tested each setting one by one from default. Nothing worked. It remained unstable.

Upon reverting to 5.6 from January. I was able to return to PBO active with -14 curve with +125 overclock with ram at 3733 with matching infinity fabric. I am now stable again. I could not run full default mode with 2133 ram on 5.61. Given that 5.63 only says it adds a patch for a hack I have serious doubts it will fix anything.
John_mccarthyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John_mccarthyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 26 minutes ago at 11:59pm
Thank you, Xaltar, for creating this sticky thread. It's great to have a dedicated space to share experiences with BIOS updates and their impact. This will definitely help keep things organized and allow users to quickly find valuable information. I'll make sure to keep my contributions focused on the BIOS versions I've tested and avoid unrelated questions. Looking forward to seeing how this thread grows into a useful resource for the community and ASRock's tech support.
siliconrage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siliconrage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 minutes ago at 6:23am
Board Model:B550 Taichi
Bios:3.46
CPU:5700x
RAM:Gskill Trident Z Neo 3600mhz

I upgraded to Bios 3.46 from 3.40 for security purposes only. After updating the BIOS and clearing the CMOS and setting BIOS to defaults the board will not POST with any devices plugged into either of the two rear IO USB 2.0 ports. I have had this problem in the past with previous BIOS versions. I know that this is a beta BIOS and I as stated I just upgraded due to security of the CPU. I know that the AMD B550 chipset has problems with USB. I am hoping that this issue will be resolved in a future BIOS update. I hope this helps in case Asrock is unaware of the issue. Best wishes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141516
  Share Topic