ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x370 killer Sli "Can't get into bios"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flakfired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x370 killer Sli "Can't get into bios"
    Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 6:49am
Hello,

I have been experiencing some issues trying to get into the bios of the Asrock x370 Killer Sli. 
When i start up the pc it goes straight to windows without showing the asrock logo. and while i am in windows and press restart it goes into an endless loop of "no signal" 

What i have tried
  • Spamming f2/delete when booting
  • Restart to eufi tool (no signal loop)
  • Remove cmos (Fixes it for one boot)
  • Remove all usb devices.
  • Checked all psu cables.
Specs:
mobo: Asrock x370 killer sli
cpu: Amd ryzen 1700x
Cooler: Be quiet dark rock 3
ram: Corsair lpx  16Gb 3000mhz
psu: Evga supernova g2 750 watt
gpu: Evga gtx 1080 SC

I hope that someone can help.

Thanks in advance,

Flak

Edited by Flakfired - 12 Mar 2017 at 6:49am
mgrandy@hotmail.co.u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgrandy@hotmail.co.u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 7:16am
im guessing your in fast boot mode are you in windows 10 ? if so heres a guide to enable you would do the same to disable https://www.howtogeek.com/243901/the-pros-and-cons-of-windows-10s-fast-startup-mode/

im assuming goto cmd promt type following powercfg /hibernate off
fx 9370 asrock, fatal1ty 970 performance 3.1, NZXT phantom f-atx, AeroCool Integrator 850W, Corsair Hydro Series H100
Flakfired View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flakfired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 7:24am
Hibernation is already disabled, Thank you for the suggestion tho.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 9:12am
Hibernation is not the same as the Windows Fast Startup feature. Those two features are configured with different settings.

Regardless, Windows Fast Startup should not prevent you from getting into the BIOS using the Del key.

Why that is happening to you, I don't know. That the Restart to UEFI program does not work is strange, that always works for me... but I don't have your board.

I would suggest a UEFI/BIOS update, but I would wait a while until the Instant Flash BIOS update version is posted.

Is your memory running at 3000 now?

Do the power and reset buttons work fine now? Check the connections and polarity of the cables from the PC case buttons to the front panel header.

Edited by parsec - 12 Mar 2017 at 9:18am
Flakfired View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flakfired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 9:29am
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Hibernation is not the same as the Windows Fast Startup feature. Those two features are configured with different settings.

Regardless, Windows Fast Startup should not prevent you from getting into the BIOS using the Del key.

Why that is happening to you, I don't know. That the Restart to UEFI program does not work is strange, that always works for me... but I don't have your board.

I would suggest a UEFI/BIOS update, but I would wait a while until the Instant Flash BIOS update version is posted.

Is your memory running at 3000 now?

Do the power and reset buttons work fine now? Check the connections and polarity of the cables from the PC case buttons to the front panel header.

- i misread the first reply and i just turned windows fast startup off.

- and yeah it's weird that the tool doesn't work ( i get into a strange bootloop with "no signal" coming up on my screen every 20 seconds)

-yeah i want to do a bios update but i can't get into it :P

-Memory is at 2133mhz currently but it's a 3000mhz kit.

-All the powerbuttons work fine.
Flakfired View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flakfired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 11:39pm
Okay i can boot into the bios everytime now. (Removed 1 ramstick) but i am having some difficulties updating to the latest bios 1.60 (stable) currently on 1.30 (no wonder that i have issues) anyway i tried the windows method with the .exe but that just boots me into the bios even tho it states that it needs to restart.

And the second method (Dos) i am clueless how to get that working on windows 10 anyone that knows how to do this on windows 10.

Thanks in advance,

Flak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgrandy@hotmail.co.u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 5:45am
dos methods

im going to do a guide on this when i get time but create your floppy/pen drive/ etc

then use this guide below as it shows pics and lines of code you need
after you boot from usb and are presented with the black screen and you will see blinking C:>
type "ver" to check you are in dos and it will spew out the version number
then goto the following guide.

if the flash stops or you lose power you will have to contact support
what ever you do do not turn off your machine. mid flash if its stuck just wait or phone tech support sometimes it can take awhile to rewrite the memory blocks.

hears a link to a guide on the gigabyte. use this because it has clear description with pics and code http://www.gigabyte.com/webpage/20/images/flashbios_dos.pdf
 skip to section 4 page 10 read the note and go from there.

before you start the flash always check it is the correct file too as this cannot be undone flashing the wrong file will brick it, losing power will brick it, switching of your pc due it thinking its frozen will also do the same. patients is key

Edited by mgrandy@hotmail.co.u - 13 Mar 2017 at 5:48am
fx 9370 asrock, fatal1ty 970 performance 3.1, NZXT phantom f-atx, AeroCool Integrator 850W, Corsair Hydro Series H100
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 10:47am
Originally posted by mgrandy@hotmail.co.u mgrandy@hotmail.co.u wrote:

dos methods

im going to do a guide on this when i get time but create your floppy/pen drive/ etc

then use this guide below as it shows pics and lines of code you need
after you boot from usb and are presented with the black screen and you will see blinking C:>
type "ver" to check you are in dos and it will spew out the version number
then goto the following guide.

if the flash stops or you lose power you will have to contact support
what ever you do do not turn off your machine. mid flash if its stuck just wait or phone tech support sometimes it can take awhile to rewrite the memory blocks.

hears a link to a guide on the gigabyte. use this because it has clear description with pics and code http://www.gigabyte.com/webpage/20/images/flashbios_dos.pdf
 skip to section 4 page 10 read the note and go from there.

before you start the flash always check it is the correct file too as this cannot be undone flashing the wrong file will brick it, losing power will brick it, switching of your pc due it thinking its frozen will also do the same. patients is key

Thanks for trying to help, but the guide in your link is for creating a bootable floppy disk in Windows 98?! Confused

The formatting dialog box shown is not like the one currently used in modern versions of Windows. It also does not show the formatting type required for the bootable USB flash drive, FAT32. For someone that is not familiar with the process, it will not be helpful creating a bootable USB flash drive.

Flakfired, this is a link to the ASRock DOS UEFI/BIOS update guide:

http://www.asrock.com/support/BIOSIG.asp%3Fcat=DOS8

You may be wondering about creating a bootable USB flash drive. Google, etc, is your friend, you can search on "create bootable usb flash drive", and you'll get more results than you'll ever need.

One such tool is called Rufus:

https://rufus.akeo.ie/

You'll need to read a bit to learn how to use it, but that is not difficult. The rest is covered in the ASRock guide in the first link.

If you have questions, let us know. Whenever performing a UEFI/BIOS update, if you have a problem, the main thing NOT TO DO is turn off the power to the PC! You can restart the PC, but do not shut it off.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgrandy@hotmail.co.u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 4:57am
the link you provided comes up http://www.asrock.com/support/BIOSIG.asp%3Fcat=DOS8 comes up server error for me 404, the guide is for windows 98 yes but if you skip to section 4 on page 10 after you make your boot pen drive, required format etc it gives the style of code you need to use to access the flasher utility in mdos. which because of the not very basic asrock with no pics its very helpful to people when they are scarred, faced with the blank screen in the mdos utility.

psu came today through the post so ill get a up-to date guide done asap. along with pics and code. should bring the older guide right upto date. you guys can check it over then do what you needed to to the guide to conform with asrock policy's etc. guides on mdos are very hard to find at the best of times with pics.

Edited by mgrandy@hotmail.co.u - 14 Mar 2017 at 5:13am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 1:44pm
http://www.asrock.com/support/BIOSIG.asp?cat=DOS8
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic