ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Could BIOS settings cause stuttering?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpw90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 9:08pm
When I test this, my PC doesn't go to sleep. I have disabled it in both BIOS and Windows.

It also happens when I restart the machine (and I have fast boot disabled) -- also worth noting that even when I full power cycle the machine it still happens.

Unless there's some sleep state that is being entered (when its disabled) and I am loading the machine straight away in to a game, or YouTube, I cannot make sense of it.
basedmeezus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote basedmeezus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 6:20am
Have you checked under advanced power options in windows?
I tried installing different distro's last night but was having issues trying to install it as encrypted lvm. hopefully once i get that figured out, I can try setting the pc to sleep manually and checking kernel logs if it starts freezing up randomly.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote basedmeezus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 10:32pm
Quick update: I got antergos to work finally. I replicated the stutter issue in windows as soon as i set it to sleep, but when i tried it out in intergos, didn't have any issues. What kernal version are you running?

You can find out via 'uname -r' i believe

Also next time you face the stutter issue, open up a terminal and run 'dmesg' and paste that in here so we can see what the kernel is saying
mpw90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpw90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 6:24am
I'll check shortly! I don't use Linux as my main environment at the moment.

However... UPDATE.

When I disabled multicore rendering in each game, I was able to stop all stuttering. Hmm.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote basedmeezus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 6:41am
Originally posted by mpw90 mpw90 wrote:

However... UPDATE.

When I disabled multicore rendering in each game, I was able to stop all stuttering. Hmm.

Have you tried turning off smt and try enabling game mode via ryzen master?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote basedmeezus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 6:43am
Originally posted by basedmeezus basedmeezus wrote:

However... UPDATE.

Also, which games?
mpw90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpw90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 6:46pm

However... UPDATE.

Also, which games?

I had already tried the SMT thing. It doesn't work for me. Ryzen Master in general for me is an absolute nightmare, and I don't want it on my system.

Thus far, CS:GO and League of Legends.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote basedmeezus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 4:29am
Just realized since u have an nvidia gpu and ryzen master not installed, what if ur chipset driver needs to be updated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote basedmeezus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 4:30am
Also might help try using CCleaner to clear registery
mpw90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpw90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 6:17pm

Just realized since u have an nvidia gpu and ryzen master not installed, what if ur chipset driver needs to be updated?

I regularly check chipset. It's up to date. I've used CCleaner previously, but to be honest, on new systems, freshly installed Windows 10, it happens...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic