ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 Taichi : can't install windows

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2022 at 5:58am
it should be there, even if you connect some usb device later on, everything gets logged
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2022 at 6:05am
here if i take a peak on mine logs:
!    sto: Unable to open configuration key for driver package 'oem3.inf'. Error = 0x00000002
!    sto: Unable to open configuration key for driver package 'oem9.inf'. Error = 0x00000002
!    sto: Unable to open configuration key for driver package 'oem4.inf'. Error = 0x00000002
!    sto: Unable to open configuration key for driver package 'oem30.inf'. Error = 0x00000002
!    sto: Unable to open configuration key for driver package 'oem20.inf'. Error = 0x00000002
!    sto: Unable to open configuration key for driver package 'oem32.inf'. Error = 0x00000002
!    sto: Unable to open configuration key for driver package 'oem8.inf'. Error = 0x00000002
     sto: Driver package 'oem2.inf' including 'xboxgip.inf' needs reconfiguration.
     sto: Driver package 'oem10.inf' including 'xboxgip.inf' needs reconfiguration.
!    sto: Unable to open configuration key for driver package 'oem12.inf'. Error = 0x00000002
!    sto: Unable to open configuration key for driver package 'wpdfs.inf'. Error = 0x00000002
!    sto: Unable to update all dependent driver configurations. Error = 0x00000002

which is pretty much corrupted files xD but ya everything is there
Boomer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2022 at 5:07am
Sorry I took so long, but I RMA'd the board and got a new one.
Unfortunately, same problem..!

I copied the logs to my google drive. Can I send them to you in a zip file or something ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2022 at 5:09am
you can share link here
Boomer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2022 at 7:08am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2022 at 8:15am
I did quick look
your PC did indeed freeze during intel network driver installation
driver got installed and during device restart system freezed

dvi:           Restart required for any devices using this driver.
     dvi:           Install Device: Configuring device. 17:58:34.065
     dvi:               Configuration: net1ic64.inf:PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1539,*
     dvi:           Install Device: Configuring device completed. 17:58:34.065
     dvi:           Device Status: 0x01802000
     dvi:           {Restarting Devices} 17:58:34.065
<ins>
??ã¨?? ?:                                                                                  

as that log got corrupted there,
dvi: {Restarting Devices exit} with timestamp instead of that gibberish should be there

you say it happens with another mainboard too, i dont think i can help you with this one
https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp try support
Boomer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2022 at 8:32am
I uploaded a video of a windows install :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OojjbtrkpYY

At minute 3:33, you can see "apparaten voorbereiden", which means that Windows is initiating/detecting devices. Is this when Windows is installing the drivers ? Because this is when the pc freezes.

When I got the new motherboard today, Asrock support told me that if the problem happens again I should send my CPU for RMA

But how can the CPU be the problem if it works perfectly when LAN is disabled ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2022 at 8:54am
CPU is main brain of pc, all devices are connected to it
FastFerdi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FastFerdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 3:31am
Hello,

I have the exact same problem. From my notes this is my way to get around it:

* Download latest chipset-driver from amd.com

* Download latest nic driver from intel.com

* Put both drivers on an usb-pendrive

* Before booting from install media, disable both Intel network devices in UEFI-setup

* Install Windows (I did from a german windows 10 21h2 iso with pro flavour)

* If you see the desktop for the first time, copy drives from pendrive to disc and install the chipset driver

* Shutdown with Shift key pressed (or disable fastboot)

* Pull network cable and pen-drive

* Boot computer, enter UEFI-setup and enable I211 network (I left wifi disabled because I didn't use it)

* Be relaxed and let the system boot. I might take a while and maybe a automatic reboot happens

* If you see the desktop next time install the nic-driver

* Be relaxed again. The system freezes and reboots automatically

* If you see the desktop next time plug network cable in and let windows install updates

Finish installation with proper graphics driver etc.

I my optinion the is a big problem with the Intel nic-driver delivered by Microsoft during installation process.

I'm glad my daily driver is Siduction and not Windows 10...

Cheers
Ferdi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 4:04am
i have same intel i211 and no issues with either win 10 or 11, both were installed multiple times as i have it from 2017

you could test if it happens with CSM enabled and with csm disabled, to see if its uefi related or not
go to bios, under boot page, scroll down to csm compatibility mode
csm disabled or PXE oprom set as uefi is same, both are default
change CSM to enabled (if not enabled already) and change PXE oprom to legacy, thats the network card

Edited by kerberos_20 - 23 Feb 2022 at 4:10am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic