ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock Fm2A58M-VGA3+ R2.0 Wont Turn on.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joker wild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock Fm2A58M-VGA3+ R2.0 Wont Turn on.
    Posted: 13 Nov 2015 at 10:03am
This is my first computer build.
My Motherboard is
ASRock Micro ATX DDR3 2400 FM2 Motherboard FM2A58M-VG3+ R2.0
My cpu is an
AMD A6-5400K APU 3.6Ghz Dual-Core Processor AD540KOKHJBOX
My power suppluy is a
Logisys 480W ATX Power Supply
My Ram is
Team Elite 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory
my video card is a
Zotac GeForce GT 730 4GB Video Card.

And for the life of me i cannot get the damn thing to turn on!
Its frustrating but i cant figure out what i am missing. any help would be greatly appreciated.AngryAngryAngry
Rabiddog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabiddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2015 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Joker wild Joker wild wrote:

This is my first computer build.
My Motherboard is
ASRock Micro ATX DDR3 2400 FM2 Motherboard FM2A58M-VG3+ R2.0
My cpu is an
AMD A6-5400K APU 3.6Ghz Dual-Core Processor AD540KOKHJBOX
My power suppluy is a
Logisys 480W ATX Power Supply
My Ram is
Team Elite 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory
my video card is a
Zotac GeForce GT 730 4GB Video Card.

And for the life of me i cannot get the damn thing to turn on!
Its frustrating but i cant figure out what i am missing. any help would be greatly appreciated.AngryAngryAngry
Are you getting any post warning beeps?
Is it posting at all?
Do the fans power up?
You push the button and????????????
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2015 at 2:03pm
As it's your first build, did you remember to connect the P4 4-pin power connection from the PSU in the upper left hand side?
< id="kpm_plugin" ="application/x-KPMPlugin">
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2015 at 3:00pm
If you can't get it to power up at all you should start by checking to make sure all the necessary power connections are properly connected and that the switch on the back of the power supply is on. You can also check to make sure you have connected the power switch to the correct pins on the motherboard, this is one of the more common issues with new builds not powering up. 

Take a good thorough look through your manual and re-follow all the steps and make sure you have not missed anything and that you have connected all the correct cables to their corresponding headers on the motherboard. 
Joker wild View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joker wild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2015 at 9:05pm
I've confirmed the psu and the fan are both plugged in correctly.
there is no beep.

except for the data connections, the only things I have left unplugged are the two TDV WTD plugs, which don't appear to have a place to plug into.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2015 at 10:30pm
So when you press the power button nothing at all happens? Are the LED lights on the LAN port lit? If they are not then there is no power getting to the board. Be sure to check if the clear CMOS jumper is set to "1 and 2" not "2 and 3" if the jumper is set in the "clear" (2 and 3) position the board will not power on. Also make sure that the 24pin power connector is firmly seated and its clip is in place, I have often seen these connections be very tight to the point where it looks like they are in but in fact are not making contact.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joker wild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2015 at 11:02pm
There is no power button that i can see. and i know nothing about jumpers. i flip the switch on the power supply and nothing moves, none of the fans or anything. i suspect these "jumpers" might be the cause of the problem. what are they and how do i make them work?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2015 at 11:52pm
The switch on the power supply does not power up the system, you need to have the case power switch connected to the motherboard, instructions as to how to do this should be in your user manual that came with the motherboard. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joker wild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2015 at 5:41am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

The switch on the power supply does not power up the system, you need to have the case power switch connected to the motherboard, instructions as to how to do this should be in your user manual that came with the motherboard. 

You're seriously telling me the problem is i have no "on" button?
Rabiddog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabiddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2015 at 6:39am
Originally posted by Joker wild Joker wild wrote:

Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

You're seriously telling me the problem is i have no "on" button?
what hes saying is,,wrong switch,,,power supplies have their own switch,that does not power up computer,more like a emergency kill switch......to power computer the power switch/button is on the case/tower,most likely the front of case.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic