ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Please Help BIOS Screen doesn't even start anymore
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please Help BIOS Screen doesn't even start anymore

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 16>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 5:52pm
ok I am still waiting for the windows to shut down, I will go to UEFI as soon as this thing tries to resolve itself, I suspect, remember that drive that gave error when we first made it back to windows after UEFI, every time I click This PC ever since that Drive doesn't load its size and volume label info, like it is waiting for that drive, that caught my attention, i thought it was temporary, but I think it may be part of the issue
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 5:55pm
Could well be, did you disconnect the drive at any point during all this? If so then reseat it's SATA cable both on the drive and the board.
thetoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 6:00pm
there is a new file that windows left on that drive I mentioned. it is called gzCalibrate.tmp
I have put the thunderbolt on disable, and revert back from Gen2 to Auto like it was default setting, the thunderbolt from device manager disappeared. so it kind of sees it in windows (with pins 1-2 selected) if I enable it again on UEFI?
thetoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 6:02pm
should I try to check this drive with HDR Generator or something for bad sectors over night? (it is 3 am here on west coast, I can perhaps do that to see if something messed up that drive cause it is an expensive one, I gave all of my savings to that Samsung 850 PRO :))
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 6:07pm
I would reseat the cables and make sure it is detecting properly then run a scan on it yes. I hope no data is lost, working with things like this can be a PITA. 

You should give it a rest if it is that late, a tired mind makes mistakes. We can pick it up again another time. In the mean time (if you don't catch me on later) check the drive and re enable the TBT card in BIOS and see if the software detects it/anything connected to it. 
thetoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 6:12pm
I am gonna check the connections now because this would be bother me all night. I probably wouldnt be able to go to sleep :)
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 6:14pm
I know the feeling LOL

Nothing you did should have caused issues with the drive other than moving cables around so hopefully that is all it is.
thetoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 6:17pm
Sata cables seem to be tight enough, they can wiggle a little right? as long as they are connected?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 6:21pm
Just pull disconnect then reconnect the ones to the affected drive on both ends. If the system is booting at normal speed again the that should be the end of it.
thetoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 6:25pm
something is wrong my friend, the system reboots fine, but that one hard drive is lagging the whole process, when I am right clicking files, opening files etc..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 16>
  Share Topic