ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - X99E-ITX/ac - Wifi Driver Not Found Stops Workin
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X99E-ITX/ac - Wifi Driver Not Found Stops Workin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lex355 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 8:51am
Jon,
My computer has been running fine since the install of my intel wifi card. It always connects via wifi. I am still having the issue that my logitech g510 refuses to work in the bios. This only happens if I continue to press f2 or delete till the bios screen is available. If i only press it once the keyboard works fine. After reading up on this keyboard online a number of people have similar issues on many systems with this keyboard. I am considering trying a different one to see if this goes away.
Lex355 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lex355 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 1:11pm
Tried a different keyboard and the same thing happens. Pulled it apart and packaged the board up. Its going back to newegg for a replacement. Hopefully i have better luck with the next one.
Lex355 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lex355 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 12:15pm
Jon,
Did you ever fix the wifi issue? I recently installed my new board and same thing happens. I blame the cheap wifi card as my intel one has zero issues. I am right back to where I started same usb issues but my wifi works everytime with my intel wifi card. The one that comes with the board is useless. I will try it on another computer see if there is any luck there.
Jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 4:51am
I received the replacement wifi card in the mail but have been slow to install it.  I'll try to get to it soon.  I hope it works.  It would be a shame to have to buy another brand wifi card right away.
ASRock X99E-ITX/ac | Intel i7-5820K | ASUS GTX 970 mini | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Crucial Ballistix (2x8GB) | Corsair CX600M | CoolerMaster Seidon 120V | CoolerMaster Elite 110 | Windows 10 64-bit
Jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 2:33am
I installed it today and the new wifi/Bluetooth module does seem to be working.  I have only restarted the computer once so I'm a bit hesitant to proclaim success but initially it seems to be working fine.
ASRock X99E-ITX/ac | Intel i7-5820K | ASUS GTX 970 mini | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Crucial Ballistix (2x8GB) | Corsair CX600M | CoolerMaster Seidon 120V | CoolerMaster Elite 110 | Windows 10 64-bit
Jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 6:58am
Originally posted by Jon Jon wrote:

I installed it today and the new wifi/Bluetooth module does seem to be working.  I have only restarted the computer once so I'm a bit hesitant to proclaim success but initially it seems to be working fine.

Unfortunately, it seems my wifi success has been shortlived.  After a BSOD crash (error 124) and a couple of restarts, the wifi connection has worked once and been inactive a couple of times.
Lex355 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lex355 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 12:24pm
Jon,
Im not sure what the deal is with the cards. My intel card never misses a beat. It has never once failed to connect or install drivers upon bootup. I installed the card that came with the asrock board on another computer that has an asus h97 board and it works fine. I actually still used the driver asrock provided for it. The asrock and card they provide is just a bad combination that doesn't work. What is weird is the intel card actually shows better signal strength. I am pretty far away from my router and i still see up to 120mbps dl speeds on xfinity blast. The card that came with the board when it worked actually showed less signal strength but the dl speed was very similar. Im not sure what it is but im leaving mine alone. I cant use any other board in my case so im actually happy i was able to find a reliable set up with the intel card.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 12:39pm
I am sorry to hear that Unhappy

As a matter of interest on a related note, the wifi card on my Dell Latitude D420 exhibits similar behavior in windows, randomly turning itself off and losing signal. Sometimes I am able to repair the connection and other times it simply freezes the system when I try. 

Now here is the interesting part, the Wifi works flawlessly under linux. The beauty of linux is that you can set up a linux USB key that will work in any system and allow you to boot into the OS from a flash drive. I would recommend that you give this a try, to create a bootable linux key you will need:

1. A USB flash drive ~2gb
3. A linux ISO, I would recommend Ubuntu as it is well supported

Run the usb creator, select your flash drive, direct LiLi to your linux ISO, set the size of your permanence to 500mb or more then just click the lightning bolt. Once complete you can boot from the flash drive into a fully fledged linux installation. If necessary install the drivers for your Wifi and check to see if the problem is present in linux. 

I suspect the issue may be driver related given that I have seen similar problems from several users across platforms and models. All used ITX boards or Wifi versions of desktop boards and I suspect the common denominator is the wifi card itself. If linux keeps your connection stable and there are no errors we should be able to determine where the problem lies with certainty. 
Jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 4:44am
Lex, do you know what model Intel wifi module you have?  Does it also have Bluetooth?  I see Intel mini-PCIe wifi+BT cards on Ebay for about $25.

I would like for ASRock to figure out a solution to get this working.  It would be nice to hear from ASRock to see whether they have investigated the issue.
Jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 1:45am
I just ordered an Intel wifi+BT card from NewEgg.  I ordered the Intel 7260 AC 7260.HMWWB.R for $24.99.  I hope that works better than the Broadcom wifi card.

I do have another computer with a mini-PCIe slot (already used for N speed wifi) so if I get around to it I can plug the Broadcom card in there to see if it works.  It's a Zotac motherboard (H55-ITX wifi).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic