ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ddr4 memory help on z170 pro 4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 3:57am
Originally posted by rjd666 rjd666 wrote:

Okay I went into the bios and changed the XMP and saved and restarted my system. My system is still getting the same errors and I had to start my system about 20 times to get it to turn on the monitor. 

I am going to try some of the other things in the last post to see if I can get it to work. 

Same person btw I had to make a new account because I messed up my original login details lol

You should not need to restart that many times at all, the PC should restart by itself. Also, the Boot Failure Guard feature should put you back into the UEFI automatically after the number of restarts it is set to try, The default value is three. Unless you have it disabled.

While the actual difference between memory speeds of 2133 and 2400 are very little regarding performance, I can understand why you want to use your memory at 2400. I've used several models of similar DDR4 Crucial memory, it should work easily for you at 2400. That is not an extreme memory speed.

You said you were using the new 7.00 UEFI version. That is really for use with the new, upcoming Kaby Lake processors, which you of course don't have.

So my suggestion to you is to change to an earlier UEFI version, the 3.70 version. You aren't losing anything not using the 7.00 UEFI. These new versions may not be optimal for memory function yet on some boards. Please use the Instant Flash method to change to 3.70, that is the safest method to use. But this is optional, and up to you.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 5:37am

The I3 6100 is non K

non-K Overclocking ?

To the other users here. JZ and parsec, doesn't/won' settingt XMP usually set/affect CPU related BIOS settings above the 2133 his i3-6100 can use?
rjd666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjd666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 5:59am
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Okay I went into the bios and changed the XMP and saved and restarted my system. My system is still getting the same errors and I had to start my system about 20 times to get it to turn on the monitor. 

I am going to try some of the other things in the last post to see if I can get it to work. 

Same person btw I had to make a new account because I messed up my original login details lol

You should not need to restart that many times at all, the PC should restart by itself. Also, the Boot Failure Guard feature should put you back into the UEFI automatically after the number of restarts it is set to try, The default value is three. Unless you have it disabled.

While the actual difference between memory speeds of 2133 and 2400 are very little regarding performance, I can understand why you want to use your memory at 2400. I've used several models of similar DDR4 Crucial memory, it should work easily for you at 2400. That is not an extreme memory speed.

You said you were using the new 7.00 UEFI version. That is really for use with the new, upcoming Kaby Lake processors, which you of course don't have.

So my suggestion to you is to change to an earlier UEFI version, the 3.70 version. You aren't losing anything not using the 7.00 UEFI. These new versions may not be optimal for memory function yet on some boards. Please use the Instant Flash method to change to 3.70, that is the safest method to use. But this is optional, and up to you.

My board came with the 3.7 bios on it and the problem was still there that is why I decided to upgrade the bios 
rjd666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjd666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 6:01am
I am wondering if a stock I3 6100 can even use more than ddr4 2133, maybe it can not and that is causing the problem. But I have seen YouTube videos of games ran with higher than 2133 with a I3 6100.

I wonder if I sky OC a bit if it would work then???  

Edited by rjd666 - 31 Oct 2016 at 6:03am
rjd666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjd666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 4:51am
Okay I seem to have fixed the problem and just wanted to post here in case someone else is having the same problem as me and want to know what I used to fix it. 

I found another post here with someone else having memory problems and they had some good advice as to how to fix it. 

I enabled the XMP settings in my bios and changed VCCIO to 1.10, and changed VCCSA to 1.15. 

I have not tested this with gaming yet buy it stopped the non booting problems and my system is running stable with no errors from the bios or windows 10. 

Hope this helps someone because if you have Crucial memory and try to get help on their official forums you might as well know you are stuck working out the problem on your own as I got no answers there as it was NOT an Asrock board issue but a voltage issue due to their ram.  

Edited by rjd666 - 15 Nov 2016 at 4:53am
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 6:12am
Thanks for the update rjd666, enjoy your build Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic