ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

iGFX E3C236D2I

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote failing005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 4:27pm
Hello?

Great message your sending out right now guys - "buy our products, but we don't care about you" !
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 10:49am
I'm an ASRock forum moderator in the USA. I don't work with ASRock support directly, either the PC or Rack divisions, or have any control over what they may or may not do. I'm responding because I find your story troubling, although I likely cannot provide you with a solution for your situation.

The ASRock Rack Contact Us web page specifically states technical questions cannot be answered by the Sales and Marketing contacts. I realize the only phone number available was that of the Sales and Marketing contacts. I have no idea what you requested from the Sales and Marketing contact, but their behavior was probably simply nothing more than what they were instructed to do when they are asked about something that is outside of their responsibility or ability to deal with.

I did some research on the Kaby Lake Xeon processor features, but did not find any reason why Quick Sync would be no longer available for use on this platform. Or if Intel no longer allows it for some reason, for example. Is there any chance that Quick Sync is just enabled by default with the new BIOS version? What reason would there be for disabling that feature with the option that was previously available in the BIOS? I'm asking just to try to understand the situation.

All I can suggest is to continue attempting to contact ASRock Rack technical support about your issue. I assume the retailer of your board is unable to provide you with technical support, or have you attempted that with the retailer?

I know that ASRock PC TSD reads posts in this forum, so some ASRock employees are aware of your feelings and situation.

failing005 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote failing005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 6:02pm
Thanks for responding -

I'm aware that the telephone number was for sales / marketing, but as everything else had failed - I was hoping they could atleast put me in touch with someone able to assist, I was polite on the phone simply saying that I 'd tried everywhere else - but I was just hung up on.

No QuickSync is supported on the platform:

The iGFX feature doesn't just enable QuickSync - it actually controls whether the graphics controller is exposed via the chipset or not.  Sadly it's not enabled by default, the Kernel isn't detecting it's presence at all.

The option has been deliberately removed from BIOS version 2.1 / 2.2 - I have confirmed this using the AMI AMIBCP tool. I can't downgrade because those are the only BIOS versions supporting Kaby Lake - if there is indeed a reason for removing the option, this should have been made clear on the ASRock website, so that prospective buyers know what they are in for.

The reseller can't help me as it's an issue with the BIOS, to which the only resolution is an updated version. Right now I'd just settle for not being ignored and treated like a piece of sh** .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote failing005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 1:39am
A large quantity of GPU related settings were removed from the 2.x bios versions, proof:

Edited by failing005 - 11 Aug 2017 at 8:11pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote failing005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 8:05pm
Well another day another email, I'm not going to drop this until ASRock atleast does me the courtesy of responding to my email.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote failing005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 4:14pm
Still nothing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote failing005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 11:54pm
Absolutely disgraceful service never have I experienced anything like it, can't say I'd be quick to recommend to anyone.

Can't say I'm someone who usually requires Tech Support, in this instance I don't really have a choice as functionality has been removed at a firmware level. I spend thousands of £ on computer components each year and in the few instances where I have required support from the likes of MSI, Gigabyte and Supermicro - I have generally atleast received a response within a matter of days.

Sufficed to say I won't be buying products from ASRock in the future, if this is how the company treats people. I'd be happy to change my stance if ASRock gets it's act together, but for now I hope everyone sees this!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote failing005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 5:19pm
Another email to ASRock support - still no response.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote failing005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 10:43pm
Even though ASRock technical support has been online and active on these forums several times since me posting this, I still can't get one comment on this.

AM I REALLY EXPECTING THAT MUCH?!!!!!

Edited by failing005 - 15 Aug 2017 at 10:44pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote failing005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 4:06pm
Surprise surprise still nothing. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic