ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Gaming X overcurrent

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minh Khang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 1:33pm
updated to BIOS 3.00, tried another Gaming X mobo from my neighbour friend and the current is still over.
Codemang87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codemang87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 2:47pm
Have you tested the PSU with a voltmeter?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 3:29pm
Download and install F-Stream:

Check the readings under "System Info".

I suspect the sensor is not being read correctly by HWMonitor. If the readings are the same (14v on the 12v) post back. 
Minh Khang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minh Khang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 4:14pm
f-stream tell me it's 12Volt bro

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 5:09pm
Sorry, I must have missed it if you mentioned it before.

If that is the case then it is being misread on your monitoring app. You can try checking with other monitoring apps but the ASRock one should be 100% accurate. They designed the board and code the monitor for the exact sensor and design used. 3rd party apps don't have access to the designs and sensor types. If the design is different to the Gaming K4 (the board the Gaming X is largely derived from) then that could explain the misreading. 

It can be scary but typically, with that kind of over volting on your 12v rail you would be seeing some seriously high temps on your CPU and VRMs. For what it's worth HWMonitor was reading my Vcore as 5.23v on the version that was available when I got my X370 Taichi. The next version read my Vcore as 0.9v... Neither are correct.

These things can happen with new board models. It can take a while for 3rd party monitoring apps to be properly updated. The fact that you have tried more than one PSU tells me this is an error in the reading of the sensor. The PSU provides 12v within a 5% tolerance. 11.4 - 12.6 is the spec, anything outside of that is out of spec and indicates a bad PSU, you also don't want to see rapid fluctuation witin the tolerance. One bad PSU is possible but I find it hard to believe you got more than one, especially the Seasonic unit. Bare in mind that some magic would have to happen for the board to turn a 12v input into 14v. 

Honestly, I don't think you have anything to worry about, especially if your temps not off the chart.  
Minh Khang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minh Khang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Sorry, I must have missed it if you mentioned it before.

If that is the case then it is being misread on your monitoring app. You can try checking with other monitoring apps but the ASRock one should be 100% accurate. They designed the board and code the monitor for the exact sensor and design used. 3rd party apps don't have access to the designs and sensor types. If the design is different to the Gaming K4 (the board the Gaming X is largely derived from) then that could explain the misreading. 

It can be scary but typically, with that kind of over volting on your 12v rail you would be seeing some seriously high temps on your CPU and VRMs. For what it's worth HWMonitor was reading my Vcore as 5.23v on the version that was available when I got my X370 Taichi. The next version read my Vcore as 0.9v... Neither are correct.

These things can happen with new board models. It can take a while for 3rd party monitoring apps to be properly updated. The fact that you have tried more than one PSU tells me this is an error in the reading of the sensor. The PSU provides 12v within a 5% tolerance. 11.4 - 12.6 is the spec, anything outside of that is out of spec and indicates a bad PSU, you also don't want to see rapid fluctuation witin the tolerance. One bad PSU is possible but I find it hard to believe you got more than one, especially the Seasonic unit. Bare in mind that some magic would have to happen for the board to turn a 12v input into 14v. 

Honestly, I don't think you have anything to worry about, especially if your temps not off the chart.  

thanks but so what about the different between Gaming K4 and Gaming X , bro ?

BoneCrusherXes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoneCrusherXes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Minh Khang Minh Khang wrote:

I goes to the HWMonitor section but it seems to be there's no voltages displayed

but into the UEFI user interface i can't find them anywhere

i am pretty sure teh voltages can be found in the "HW Monitor" tab in UEFI. Have you scrolled up and down (with mouse or Up/Down arrow keys) ?

@Xaltar
as far as is read here Minh only used AIDA64 to check the voltages until you reocmmended FStream (plz correct me if im wrong Minh Khang).
When he talked about HWMonitor the "HW Monitor" tab in UEFI was meant ;)

So i guess the problem is with AIDA64 reading wrong temps, FStream will certainly show the correct voltages.
Minh Khang, if you have not done yet, i would recommmend downloading "HWinfo" or "HWMonitor" and check there if you want certainty.
ASRock X370 Taichi, AMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3,9 , Noctua NH-D15
2x16GB G.Skill F4-3200C14D-32GTZ @3200 14-13-13-26-42 1T GearDown Enabled
MSI Geforce GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Minh Khang Minh Khang wrote:

thanks but so what about the different between Gaming K4 and Gaming X , bro ?

I am afraid I couldn't say, I don't have the details. I do know that the VRM section (power delivery) uses different components. That is the reason I suspect you are getting inaccurate readings from Aida64. From a visual inspection the boards look almost identical. I do know they offer almost identical features.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic