ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

new X470 Master SLI no screen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmurz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 7:36pm
tried that...

testet all possible freq. down to 2133... no success
Now i send the  HyperX Predator 16GB HX43216PB3K2/16 back and ordered this one:

HyperX FURY HX424C15FB2K2/16

hope to get them till friday
X470 Master SLI, Ryzen 5 2600X, 16GB HX43216PB3K2/16
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 2:16am
well i hope it works but.............................

you think the hyperx is going to be much different to predator under the heatsink ?

i would advise gskill flarex or sniper for amd compatability
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
gmurz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmurz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 12:32pm
I tested the 16GB HX43216PB3K2/16 with all possible frequencies, but had no luck

I resend them and bought a pair of HyperX Fury
Plugged them in and they work.

I get the uefi screen - all good now.

X470 Master SLI, Ryzen 5 2600X, 16GB HX43216PB3K2/16
maverick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 12:36pm
Hey everyone,

I've been hired by my neighbor to assist in building a new gaming rig, based on the Ryzen 7 2700X.

His rig so far:
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
ASRock X470 Master SLI/ac
16GB kit of G.Skill Trident RGB (tomorrow I will have part numbers)
1TB Crucial NVMe SSD
EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

I pulled the memory HCL before I head over tomorrow morning again to help him troubleshoot.

I'm trying to rule out everything else before telling him to RMA the motherboard. Unfortunately, I do not have any other AM4 processors to test the CPU.

Basically, we plug everything in, turn it on, and no fans, no display, and only a red LED with a breathe effect displaying underneath the chipset heatsink. I do not get any beep codes, and I only wish I had a POST card or something like Dr. Debug.

At home, I grabbed an old GPU from an old rig for testing. I'm sure that it will have no problem driving a Radeon HD 5670.

Any assistance with this would be very appreciated. Is there something I missed? Newbie mistake? This is my first time assembling a rig from scratch since at least 2013.

Thanks in advance, and Don't Forget To Be Awesome...
In a world full of people, only some want to fly. Isn't that crazy?
maverick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 2:03pm
My only thoughts is that either the CPU, power supply or motherboard are dead on arrival. I'm picking up some extra RAM to test and see if this is a memory fault, because I'm not getting any beep codes.
maverick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 6:43pm
I think I have a suspected cause of the failure to POST.

Either one of two things is stopping it from POSTing.

First, the M.2 NVMe SSD we inserted into M2_2 instead of M2_1. This might be confusing the board, but it should still post, in theory.

Second, I had the RGB LED cables going from the Wraith stock cooler going to both the PWM and the USB headers, and the manual states only one can be hooked up at once.

G*d I feel like an idiot if one of these are the causes. I'll feel even worse if those don't fix it.

If I still have trouble, I will have my neighbor contact Newegg for possible RMA.

Thanks in advance for any help. :)
maverick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 9:35am
We ended up RMAing the motherboard. We literally tested everything else that we could. Different GPU, removed the SSD completely, and no beep codes. Either the speaker we have doesn't work or it's not even POSTing.

Hopefully that will mean that his purchase of the GeForce GTX 1660 Ti did not go in vain.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic