ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Z370 Extreme 4 sound problems after driver update
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z370 Extreme 4 sound problems after driver update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artimid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 5:05am
My Taichi (same sound) has the exact same problem still. It's horrible. I've essentially lost the ability to play decent sound on my computer from a driver update.
Seriously ASRock, get us some news or updates!
420Coupe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 420Coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 11:48pm
Registered just to post about this. 

I am experiencing the same issue. 

Out of the box with whatever driver version it had was working perfectly. 

Then after windows activation, that it downloaded latest drivers automatically, i cannot get the front headphone jack. It doesn't even detect a connection. However it does with any of the rear connections and i was able to get sound out of the rear front speaker input (green). 

I am currently downloaded latest drivers directly from Realtek; however as mentioned by other member it is downloaded at 5-8 KH/s for a 252 MB file (~7-10 hours). 

I'll post back to see if this resolves the issue. 

Would like some feedback from an Asrock Admin or staff and support for this issue as apparently it's occurring to anyone that updated drivers. 
Niemiec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niemiec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by 420Coupe 420Coupe wrote:

Registered just to post about this. 

I am experiencing the same issue. 

Out of the box with whatever driver version it had was working perfectly. 

Then after windows activation, that it downloaded latest drivers automatically, i cannot get the front headphone jack. It doesn't even detect a connection. However it does with any of the rear connections and i was able to get sound out of the rear front speaker input (green). 

I am currently downloaded latest drivers directly from Realtek; however as mentioned by other member it is downloaded at 5-8 KH/s for a 252 MB file (~7-10 hours). 

I'll post back to see if this resolves the issue. 

Would like some feedback from an Asrock Admin or staff and support for this issue as apparently it's occurring to anyone that updated drivers. 

Don't waste time on download.

Have a read on my problem.

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=9685&title=z370-extreme4-audio-issue
420Coupe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 420Coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 11:03pm
Is it possible this is a conflict between Nvidia Sound drivers and Realtek as i just realized both are installed. 

Want to know if everyone else also has Nvidia sound drivers also installed that are experiencing this issue. 

edit: also wanted to add i tested the lasted Drivers from Realtek after a 10+ hour download; and this did not solve any issue. Still no working connection from the front headphone jack, the computer doesn't even recognize anything is connected. I double checked the HDAUDIO was plugged in correctly and it is. 

Edited by 420Coupe - 14 Sep 2018 at 11:11pm
razvan974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razvan974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 11:24pm
For you it seems to be another problem. For us there is a problem only with volume control for headphones exit ( front panel). The volume is broken like a classic potentiometer ( with resistor) and any variation in volume from apps like games or mediaplayers add a big noise and uncontrolled volume variations. This was resolved  by not using new drivers from Asrock download...
420Coupe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 420Coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 11:41pm
Hmm so i'm kind of stuck on what maybe causing this issue. I've tried everything with only being able to get sound to play from the rear outputs. 

Is it possible the HDAUDIO maybe defective on my MB and burned out?

I mean i highly doubt it but I'm out of ideas thinking it's software to hardware conflict. 
Niemiec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niemiec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 11:53pm
It's a software conflict. Without the driver everything works (base W10 driver) but in my case I get audio crash BSOD without Realtek drivers installed.

With Realtek driver there is no BSDO audio crash but I have the same issue as people describe.

Also manual says:

To enable Multi-Streaming, you need to connect a front panel audio cable to the front panel audio header. After restarting your computer, you will find the ?�Mixer??tool on your system. Please select ?�Mixer ToolBox??, click ?�Enable playback multi-streaming?? and click ?�ok?? Choose ??CH?? ??CH?? ??CH?? or ??CH??and then you are allowed to select ?�Realtek HDA Primary output??to use the Rear Speaker, Central/Bass, and Front Speaker, or select ?�Realtek HDA Audio 2nd output??to use the front panel audio.

However nothing like that happens or exists in my case.

Edited by Niemiec - 14 Sep 2018 at 11:55pm
420Coupe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 420Coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 2:13am
I?™ve tried uninstalling Realtek drivers to leave windows drivers and still nothing out of the connection in the front. Still doesn?™t even recognize there?™s anything plugged in.

I just can?™t wrap my head around how it doesn?™t work. There was no short and the probability of it being the cable going out is so low. But I guess I?™ll be asking Corsair to send another front panel unit and cable to rule out that possibility
smith987 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smith987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 8:01am
I have also faced this same issue then, I contacted hp support canada and get to know that this is actually not the big the issue, after the update, the driver the configuration settings also change which you have to do manually after the driver update
razvan974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razvan974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 3:54pm
The reality is that Realtek put broken driver on download page. There is nothing to comment aditionally...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic