ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

970a-g/3.1 + GTX1070 = pcie 1.1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zirw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 4:53pm
In fact of the matter is that even if we overclock the bus to 1MHz, I get 1.1. It's not breaking up! The fact that the transition to the manual mode, no acceleration occurs the same as the card becomes 1.1. I wrote about it on the last page!
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 5:10pm
Thanks for the info. It looks to be a safety feature of some kind that is locking the PCIe mode to 1.1 in the event the bus is overclocked. 
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 6:14pm
May I suggest some reading material:
https://www.amd.com/Documents/AMD_FX_Performance_Tuning_Guide.pdf

Hint: pay close attention to what the top slider is referencing:
(Pic lifted from the OPs 970A-G/3.1 Manual)

Zirw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zirw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 9:28pm
To begin with, I wrote that I have good cooling. And housing and food chains and bridges north and south! I put extra cooler! Next, I wrote that if you overclock through the program, these signs are not present! This manual I read, and to read it many similar articles and forums branches. So, how to overclock even I know :) The point is accelerating, and that the bios itself is very curve. It contains a lot of mistakes. By monitoring the voltage and coolers, coolers control to malfunction. Just bios starts without overclocking processor 1.4-1.45v stress though that works perfectly on 1.25 :) If this does not fix the mat board is strongly heated. On 1.4 I quietly take 4.5GHz without heating. I again drew attention. What is this problem only occurs on the motherboard of your company! I am 100% sure that the case in bios / But helpdesk, and ignores my emails and letters to my friend with a similar problem. My friend and I have the same motherboard, but we have different processors and graphics cards, but the problem is the same! We tried our processors and graphics cards in other motherboards, and this problem does not arise. You can drive the bus and the graphics card is still 2.0. The seller agreed to the exchange. And we found out that all the boards of your company there is a problem. I was offered an exchange, but I do not want another motherboard, as it picked up a body for the color and location of connectors. Seller promised to write a letter in support. According to the seller, it is the fault of the motherboard bios.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 9:59pm
Your post is a little hard to understand but what I think you are saying is this:

When you overclock using the BCLK in BIOS it locks your PCIe bus to version 1.1
If you overclock the BCLK/Bus using A-Tuning from within windows this does not happen and the PCIe slots increase to version 2.0 when stresses as they should.

Is this correct?

Zirw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zirw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 10:14pm
Yes, you understood me correctly! Once again, sorry for my english.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 10:18pm
No problem at all, I will pass this information along to Tech Support myself too. Technically this isn't a fault as overclocking is not technically covered by any manufacturer. I will pass it along anyway and hopefully we will get an answer.
Zirw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zirw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 9:08pm
Thank you so much! I'll wait. Hopefully with the other problems will be solved updating bios, fan speed control and work with four memory modules frequency above 1600.
Tech support me and did not answer. My friend he wrote about a similar problem, but he did not answer them. I understand that we ignore? I wonder if there is any hope of that, the fact that we help? What do you want the answer from support?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 10:38pm
I have not had an answer yet with Ryzen being prepped for launch my contacts are busy at the moment but I did talk to a number of AMD enthusiasts and they informed me that this is not an uncommon issue and that it is done on purpose. Running an FX system with an altered BCLK can cause minor instabilities even at lower frequencies, 101 - 105, that the system and OS correct for and you will never notice. This seems all well and good until they compound and cause more major issues or potentially damage hardware. 

From what I was told it is best to stick to multiplier overclocking and leave the BCLK at stock, while you may be able to eek out a few extra mhz it apparently isn't enough to be concerned over and certainly isn't worth the compounding issues tied to the PCIe bus speed and other connected components. I suspect the reason this issue is ignored is because it isn't technically a flaw or a bug, it is by design to protect the user. I am still hoping for a reply and will follow up again after Ryzen's launch but I may not get a response at least nothing better than what I just described. 

The moral is, the system works as intended at stock and with multiplier overclocks. If tweaking the BCLK breaks something then don't tweak the BCLK.
Zirw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zirw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 3:36am
Thanks for the answer. Yes, you are right on the factor I have achieved stable operation at 4.5Ghz. Could you answer one more question? Normal Do FX8350 for temperature stress testing under a load of 65 degrees? In games I have maximum 62 degrees, but only in a pair of games, games in temperature generally not higher than 55 degrees. Is this normal?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic