ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Gaming K4 - new BIOS with AGESA 1.0.0.6&a

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 30>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jahnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 3:22pm
So I did not resist. My Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 are at 2.50 to 2400 MHz without tuning, 2666/2933/3200 without POST (2.40 = 2933 MHz) :-(

But I will stay at 2.50. Modified disk behavior, my SSDs are no longer detected as removable USB flash drives. At 2.40, disconnected spontaneously SSD disk twice. And reduce POST time on 16.3s (2.40 = 19.6s)

Edited by Jahnal - 10 Jun 2017 at 4:28pm
razielrah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razielrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 2:26am
So the bios proved to be unstable for me. Even tho ram speed was better the computer restarted.

Back on 2.40
omarroshdi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omarroshdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 3:59am
My RAM is Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 and my mobo is Asrock  fatal1ty x370 gaming k4 and I assure you that all I could run it at is 2667 for frequency and timings at: 14-15-15-15-28-48-1T, BIOS version 2.50. Every time I try for 2993 it won't boot.

Edited by omarroshdi - 12 Jun 2017 at 4:41am
juanvr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juanvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 8:32am
I have a 16GB kit of Corsair Vengeance LPX (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16).

The new UEFI (2.50) on my Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 allowed my kit to boot at XMP (16/18/18/36) settings at 3200MHz. However, it's very very unstable.

Forcing the command rate to T2, disabling Gear Down Mode and Power Down Enable made it slightly more stable, but DOOM crashes almost instantly.

Dropped the speed to 3066 on the exact same settings, it was a little more stable, but some applications still crashed. So I dropped the timings to 18/18/18/36/T2.
So far it looks "ok", but yeah, might not have found an app that crashed just yet.

Really hope for a more stable update next time. I really wish I can use my RAM properly and it seems SOOO close.
aleksei12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleksei12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 2:37pm
I would like to clarify that these memory modules Samsung
M378A1K43CB2-CRC for example on asus boards without problems pursue to 3600 and sometimes higher. although I think you know it ),is easy very much like on my Board to conquer these frequencies.
Windows98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Windows98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 1:22am
After reading the recent posts, I had no hope for v2.50...

v2.10 would do 2666mhz with no issue, but I took the plunge and my kit works just fine w/ v2.50 @ 3000...

Kit is F4-3000C15D-16GVR (GSkill)

I didn't do anything strange...just loaded the XMP profile and rebooted. I did notice the CAS# Latency is rated @ 15 on my stick but XMP chose 16. I gamed a little bit yesterday and did some benchmarking and no reboots or bluescreens, so I'm just going to keep rocking it until it proves to be unstable. 

Edited by Windows98 - 13 Jun 2017 at 1:23am
Kirurgs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirurgs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 5:05am
So, I have made some little progress... My CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 seems to run 2800 w/ new bios.
I reset my bios using jumper and set all manual options under CBS settings to auto, there were some set to manual by default.
System booted fine for at least 3 times and games my kid plays, e.g. rocket league work fine.
Please note that I run Linux almost exclusively.
So after all, there seems to be some improvement.
ShampooCA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ShampooCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 1:10pm
To the OP.

Please don't start screaming bloody murder causing panic.

Explain your issues with YOUR setup.

Don't just start saying ASRock shame on you this is super unstable etc. etc.

It's a case by case.

My RAM set identified as 2400MHz Crucial Ballistix is advertised as 2666MHz.

I could hit 2666MHz since the beginning, but could not get it to post beyond it.  I was hoping for 2933MHz, because that's the limit at which review sites could overclock the kit a few years ago with decent timings.
I did this just now in a few mins, and I'm freaking happy as a clam.

As for others not being able to overclock as high as the previous BIOS release, just revert back, what's the big deal?

Newer doesn't always mean better with BIOS.

Anyways, great stuff, I'm happy with my specific setup.  FREE performance.  Cheers y'all, now to test stability.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 1:55pm
Thanks ShampooCA, you hit the nail on the head Thumbs Up

The issues with RAM compatibility and speeds is not a simple one. It is unreasonable to expect any motherboard manufacturer to stock multiple RAM kits from every available model to test with. All you have to do to see how ridiculous that is is go to something like newegg and search DDR4 memory. There are thousands of kits out there from dozens of brands in hundreds of models. Worse than even that is the fact that you can often find different memory chips on the same model of RAM because they are manufactured perhaps a month apart and the memory manufacturer had to use what they had available. I have seen seemingly identical kits contain completely different memory chips. 

What we are seeing is about a 50% success rate using AGESA 1.0.0.6 on the forums, that means the success rate is likely higher as people are more inclined to mention a failure than a success. AMD is working hard to rectify the issues via AGESA and motherboard partners are further trying to smooth things over with tweaks. It is fairly easy to forget that the AM4 platform is still in it's infancy. It is unfortunate that it released using a preexisting memory standard that was already tuned for another platform. If it had released with a new standard (DDR5?) then these issues would likely not have happened. Memory manufacturers can't change their RAM tuning and timings on modules already in the wild and board manufacturers certainly can't be expected to test every memory model in existence. This results in a very trial and error testing methodology over at AMD. It will eventually get sorted and AGESA 1.0.0.6 seems to be a step in the right direction. Even for those it made things worse, there are less of you complaining than there were with the last AGESA release. Progress Wink
010101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 010101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by PinetreeRoad PinetreeRoad wrote:

All of you guys having RAM stability issues should manually set the SOC voltage to Fixed mode @ 1.1V with LLC level 2. Then leave all other memory settings to whatever your XMP profiles defaults are.

It's also worth noting that you NEED to reset your BIOS to defaults and power cycle the board after failing any RAM OC at POST, including XMP profiles, due to a BIOS bug. (Not even kidding) You could be trying to boot with an actual stable RAM OC but it wont POST because you failed the last POST.

AMD suggests settings the SOC to 1.1V for memory stability. By default my board (x370 gaming pro) has a 0.95ish dynamic SOC voltage by default. Forcing the fixed 1.1V solved all of my memory stability issues. It's worth a shot.

For reference I'm running @ 3334MHz tested stable.

Hi im new! I buy this board.... i have an R7 1700X, now I find myself investigating what memories put it since I see that there are very few kits that work at more than 3000mhz ...
Would you be kind enough to tell me the model of your memories? Thank you! And sorry for my English.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 30>
  Share Topic