ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

FM2A88X Extreme4+, W10 and BIOS 2.60 freezing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AsrockDerby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 1:24am
Hi all. first sry for bad english is not my first language . 

I have the same problem: asrock fm2a88x extreme 4+ & a8 7600 bios 3.20 and freezing... :{
I disabling C6 opcion and freezing stop but i see new problem. CPU start working on hight temperature 5-10 degrees more then before becаuse work only on one frequency x37=3700mhz... 
When will come bios version without this freezing bug??
hgonzale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hgonzale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 2:38am
Hello friend. Is not a BIOS bug.
Where are you from?
Are you using the standar fan/cooler?
AsrockDerby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AsrockDerby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 4:23am
Hi i am from Bulgaria :D
Forgot the name of cooler but will add link to sceenshot i hope you can see it.
http://image.prntscr.com/image/ea403a9298a7451ab8bb48d036064458.jpg
before temp was 30-40 max 45 degrees . After i stop C6 option from bios min temp go up to 40+ degrees Celsius
hgonzale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hgonzale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 4:28am
Super my friend. Is a "good" cooler, is not the normal cooler.

How are you getting the temperature?
In and AMD/APU you are not able to get a real temperature from the sensors, you need to get the temperature from the Thermal margin using the AMD Overdrive application.

And maybe is normal the temperature is a little bit higher, because with the C6 disable, you are not turning off the unused cores.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AsrockDerby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 4:48am
Aida64 give same tepmeratures like AMD overdrive app i have both programs.
In aida i look CPU temp not core temp.  Core temp give wrong values.
Before stopping C6 option CPU working with different frequencies and temp was lower. Now work only on 3700mhz and temp i 5-10 degrees more. Not a big problem but dont like it :D
hgonzale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hgonzale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 4:52am
I understand you my friend......
Maybe some day, with a new BIOS something change and we will be able to activate C6 again.....
Madmartigan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Madmartigan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2016 at 6:13pm
Hi AsrockDerby and hgonzale,

When you say you disabled "C6 option", does that mean you didn't try disabling only package C6 ?

Disabling Package C6 is different from just disabling C6 : I had the same kind of CPU load and temperature issues than AsrockDerby when I tried to disable C6 entirely. Disabling only package C6, stopped both the freezing (for a whole month now) and the temperature problem.

A reminder : You can't disable package C6 if C6 isn't enabled, because package C6 requires C6 to be active to work. It seems to me that is why disabling C6 resolves the freezing problem : package C6 is automatically shut off when C6 is disabled, but the problem seems to lie with the package C6 option.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AsrockDerby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2016 at 10:53pm
Thank you Madmartigan. I did what you said and CPU work on 30 degrees again :D Thank you very much!!!
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2016 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by Madmartigan Madmartigan wrote:

Hi AsrockDerby and hgonzale,

When you say you disabled "C6 option", does that mean you didn't try disabling only package C6 ?

Disabling Package C6 is different from just disabling C6 : I had the same kind of CPU load and temperature issues than AsrockDerby when I tried to disable C6 entirely. Disabling only package C6, stopped both the freezing (for a whole month now) and the temperature problem.

A reminder : You can't disable package C6 if C6 isn't enabled, because package C6 requires C6 to be active to work. It seems to me that is why disabling C6 resolves the freezing problem : package C6 is automatically shut off when C6 is disabled, but the problem seems to lie with the package C6 option.

Thank you for the clarification there Madmartigan.
Andre.Zi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andre.Zi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2016 at 3:20am
In german we would say: "Wer lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil". But for now, I hope that 'Package C6' as solution is clear. Is there an option, to pin this as solution?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
  Share Topic