ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

USB Keyboard Enumeration Issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lystig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: USB Keyboard Enumeration Issue
    Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 7:35pm
When I turn on my PC (or after a reboot), by keyboard will not turn on automatically in around 80% of the cases which is extremely frustrating (it means that in 80% of the cases, I can't enter my BIOS as I can't press the F2 key and I can't enter Windows by typing my PIN-code with my keyboard).

To get the keyboard to work in these cases, I either have to reboot the PC (which doesn't always solve the issue - again, about 80% of the cases it doesn't fix the issue) or unplug and replug the keyboard, after which it always works (but this is very tedious in the long-term).

Motherboard is ASRock X470 Taichi with the P1.50 BIOS version.
OS is Windows 10 64 bit Home edition.
Keyboard is Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 (plugs in directly via USB or I can use a USB to PS/2 converter and use the PS/2 socket instead).

The keyboard is from 2013 and the motherboard is brand new (in fact, I've just built a new PC with brand new components). Keyboard worked fine on my old desktop PC (which I no longer have so I can't test the keyboard with it).

I've tried all of the USB sockets in the motherboard (and also those in the case) as well as the PS/2 socket but it seems to make absolutely no difference.

Any advice on how I can solve this infuriating issue?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic