ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to turn off RGB LEDs when PC is off?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote galapogos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to turn off RGB LEDs when PC is off?
    Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 9:01am
Hi,

Just assembled a PC with addressable LED light strip, and with a mouse that has LED lights. These lights stay on even when the PC is shut down. I was able to get the mouse lights to turn off by enabling S5 sleep in BIOS, but the addressable LED remains on. How do I turn these off as well?

Motherboard is a Fatality B450 Gaming ITX/ac
seabird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seabird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 11:22pm
bump...i have the same problem and am looking for a solution.
Dominik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dominik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 8:38pm
I don't have the same motherboard as you (mine is b450m pro4), but I had the same issue. I enabled the Deep Sleep option in the bios in Advanced\South bridge configuration and it worked. In the bios of this motherboard, this option can be enabled or disabled (there is no enabled in S5). With enabled, the addressable led strip turns off and there is no more current in the USB ports a few seconds after the computer shuts down.
seabird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seabird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 11:17pm
thanks for this....unfortunately just tried it and it still does not work. what mobo driver are you using? thanks for replying
Dominik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dominik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 8:47pm
The version of my bios is P2.00. The line Microcode Update is 800F82/800820B. The Agesa version I have is Pinnacle PI-AM4 1.0.0.6.

I just saw that there is a new update for my bios (version 3.10), but I didn't updated yet.
madeasman89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madeasman89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 10:03pm
I'm having the same issue. It happened once I updated to the most recent version and I dont know how to go back to the previous version. They wont turn off in sleep mode or shut down. I have X470 SLI/ac MB with most recent bios update 1.90 I tried the enabling Deep Sleep in south bridge like was previously stated but it did nothing. I really dont want to have to keep shutting off the switch of my PSU just so the lights turn off. Someone please help fix this.
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 10:49pm
Did you try updating the RGB LED firmware from Windows?
Dominik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dominik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 11:01pm
I just remembered something else. On my motherboard (B450m Pro4), It seems there is a nuvoton chip that handles the lights. I think the version of Polychrome RGB software (and the version of the firmware of the nuvoton chip) influence the behavior. I few months ago, I had the Deep sleep option disabled, I had the Polychrome RGB software version 1.0.27 and, when the computer goes to sleep or shuts down, the lights turn off. When I updated to the Polychrome RGB software version 1.0.35, the behavior changed. The lights were always light and I had to change the Deep Sleep option to make them turn off.

Perhaps you could try to downgrade to Polychrome RGB version 1.0.27? I found a working downloadable link ([URL]http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Utility/RGB/PolychromeRGB(v1.0.27).zip[/URL]) on the thread [URL]http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10436&title=asrock-polychrome-rgb[/URL]
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 11:26pm
Fingers crossed! Let us know how it went.
MadeAsMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadeAsMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 12:14am
When I updated to the newest version (1.0.35) the firmware updated automatically upon running the program. All my Asrock BIOs, software and firmware is up to date currently. I will try that link for the 1.0.27 version when I get home and see if that resolves the issue. Can we expect Asrock to release another update anytime soon that would fix this problem?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic