ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - USB keyboard/mouse does not function  in bios menu
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

USB keyboard/mouse does not function in bios menu

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
joemac42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joemac42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: USB keyboard/mouse does not function in bios menu
    Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 11:38pm
Just in case anyone else runs into this issue, I did find a soluntion. I used the jumper on the motherboard to clear the CMOS (CLRMOS1 in the manual, CLRCMOS1 printed on the motherboard) and I was able to have both the keyboard and mouse recognized in the EUFI bios.
joemac42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joemac42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 1:29am
I have an ASRock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming-ITX/ac motherboard with an AMD Ryzen 5 2600. Computer boots and runs just fine. I can hit F2 just prior to boot and get into the UEFI Bios menu, but from there I can't navigate or select any options. There is a mouse pointer that shows up in the middle of the screen, but no keyboard or mouse input works. I tried 2 different and fairly standard keyboards and mice, starting with the USB 2.0 ports but also trying the various USB 3.0 and 3.1 ports (rear panel, front header, etc.) and I could not get any input to work in bios. I downloaded a firmware update, hit F6 and the input worked in that menu. I thought the firmware update to X47GIA_1.40 might fix the issue, but it did not. I would like to access the bios settings - what else can I try?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic