ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

RGB Utility issues and workaround

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfmandim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by jamhougin jamhougin wrote:

Any news on this? I can't get any version of this program to work on my x470 taichi. After paying 200+ dollars for a Mb I would expect it to work as intended. I'm currently writing an email cc'ing my entire computer science deparment in college warning them to stay away from asrock products. Very dissapointed.

Same problem here. I still can't get it to open.
Frustrating...
Disturbed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Disturbed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 6:11am
New build with issues also, x570 taichi. Using either of the flash methods on 3.03 comes up with following error

"/wICPFLASHADSB.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file."

"wICPFLASH.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

vadimsub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vadimsub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 5:13pm
Hello!
I had the same problems with my ASRock X470 Taichi.
I tried different options, but received the same unsuccessful results, which are described above.
I was able to solve the problem only after I downloaded PolychromeRGB from the page of my motherboard. I understand that you need to download the utility only from the page of your motherboard.
I followed the instructions that are described on the first page and it worked.
Good luck!
ahawk1972 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahawk1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 12:14am
This has been a frustrating mess!

I have an ASRock Z390 PHANTOM GAMING 4-IB w/ WiFi MoBo. Running ASRock Polychrome RGB ver:1.0.57.

Polychrome stopped responding yesterday so I did a complete OS reinstall after following all the directions on page 1, and nothing seemed to work.

After OS reinstall I put the same version of Polychrome back on and everything was gold, or so I thought.

I started to reinstall some of my apps like Photoshop and my other graphic design programs and all rebooted.

After reboot Polychrome locked back up with not responding, and now I am back in the same place before the reinstall. Flash the RGB, reinstall Polychrome, and nothing!

There has to be a solution!
francisco83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote francisco83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 11:13am
teste este modo que vai dar certo... click com o botão direito do mouse no aplicativo vai em abrir local do arquivo la vai esta uma pasta com este nome ..WriteFW.. copia ela e cola na área de trabalho.. Em seguida exclua ela da pasta .. depois copie e cole ela novamente no mesmo local que foi excluído de dois click nela que ela vai ser executada ...E voltara a funcionar   

test this mode it will work ... right click on the application it will open file location it will go a folder with this name ..WriteFW .. copy it and paste it into the desktop .. then delete it from the folder .. then copy and paste it again in the same place that was deleted from two click on it it will run ... And it will work again
Cuklic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuklic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 2:03am
Originally posted by Disturbed Disturbed wrote:

New build with issues also, x570 taichi. Using either of the flash methods on 3.03 comes up with following error

"/wICPFLASHADSB.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

"wICPFLASH.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

I have the same problem with my Z390 Taichi
Cuklic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuklic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 2:22am
i think i tried everything you said here i need to do but still i cant fix the problem. It sometimes worked for me before the reinstalling windows and everything but now when i installed it again it is not working at all. i kinda got some new facts and i cant change the color of MoBo and those colours are totally wrong now.

I7 9700k
AsRock Z390 Taichi
Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB
Asus Strix RTX 2080 super
BeQuite Modular 750W
Corsair H100i Pro
2x Samsung 970 M.2

Well i think i typed all the parts(i know the problems can be different due to different components but get the same error soo thats why i typed it)

thanks for your anwers
Cuklic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuklic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 2:29am
I tried it but i got the message ( wICPFLASHADSB.exe /File=nu51_3.04 is not recignized as an internal or external command, operatable program or batch file)
totherik91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totherik91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 6:40am
I did it! It worked, but it doesnt :P

I used REVO uninstaller on the asrock utility folder,restarted the computer, downloaded the fresh polychrome software from the official asrock website, installed it,restarted the computer. Did the flash as described in this post.
The flash worked, but be aware that you must type in DIR and check for the correct file names and versions. (I had wICPFLASHADSBv2.exe, the v2 at the end is crucial) and you must run command promt as administrator.
I can control the addressable rgb strip now from the UEFI, i have modes that i didnt have before (scan mode now runs a single led along the strip in a certain color, etc, and its important that im using a cheap chinese ARGB strip from aliexpress connected to the correct header on my B450m pro4)
BUT!!!!
The polychrome software cant start up in windows. The software pops up searching for peripherials, but then gives an error message that i dont have any "asr graphic card or USB header".
And the LED-s on the strip are propably misnumbered (the spring mode runs a single light back and forth on the strip, spring back instantly if reaches the end close to the motherboard connection but vanishes for a few beat on the other end, like it had more LED-s.
And the colors are totally wrong, like full red and no blue or green gives purple.
reigney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reigney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 11:08pm
I've had a similar issue with Polychrome RGB app hanging at the splash screen saying "detecting peripherals led controller" after I updated the app to the latest version, tried to reinstall and flash the firmware, nothing worked.

It turned out if you leave it hanging for 10 minutes or more, it will open eventually and it works! Just don't end the task until it opens.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
  Share Topic