FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X99M KILLER 3.1 DEBUG CODE 67

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X99M KILLER 3.1 DEBUG CODE 67
    Posted: 17 Oct 2015 at 3:59pm
Welcome to the forums Smile

Code 67 is a "chipset initialization error" according to your user manual. Now the manual recommends clearing CMOS but that is not the only possible cause. Before we get into any additional troubleshooting did you try using this method to clear CMOS? This way is more or less foolproof and should reset everything including the RTC (real time clock). If that still does not resolve the issue then check to make sure your CPU is properly seated and there are no bent pins on the motherboard also reseat your RAM and GPU. If none of this helps then you can try a minimal boot scenario, 1 stick of RAM, onboard iGPU, CPU and no other devices connected.

Good luck and let us know if this helps.
stevejayd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevejayd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2015 at 5:00am
i JUST TRIED TO BOOT UP MY NEW X99M. I HAVE MEMORY INSTALLED , GRAPHICS CARD, I7-5820, NO DISK DRIVES YET.
THE SYSTEM STOPS WITH A DEBUG CODE OF 67.. TRIED TO FIX BY CLEARING CMOS.. STILL THE SAME. ANY HELP?
< id="kpm_plugin" ="application/x-KPMPlugin">
STEVE
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic