ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to Launch EFI Shell

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rbojanssen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbojanssen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to Launch EFI Shell
    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 3:49am
Hi publius21

I am having the same problem. Always not found. Could you tell me where you got the Shell.efi and where you put it exactly? And USB stick is still FAT32 formatted? Any other things?

Grts Ronald
publius21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote publius21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 6:03pm

Never mind -- it was something stupid. Something really stupid. On that Github EDK2 folder tree, I ended up downloading an HTML file, which did the actual download, not the file.

Anyway, I've got the correct shell binary and it works like a charm.
publius21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote publius21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 10:32am

I've got a Taichi z390 Ultimate, and I'm trying to use the "launch EFI shell from filesystem device" option, but I can't get it to work. Always, "Not Found". I've put the shell I downloaded from the EDK2 in the root of the EFI system partition, named it both "Shell.efi" and "Shellx64.efi", then copied it to the \EFI directory as well as EFI\Boot.

Also, I've put in on the root of a FAT32 formatted USB stick under both names. No matter what, "Not Found" is always the result.

I'm sure I'm doing something really stupid, something really simple I'm not thinking about. Just where is the UEFI shell file supposed to be and under what name?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic