ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Enable onboard graphics in B450M Pro4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
chilli1327 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chilli1327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Enable onboard graphics in B450M Pro4
    Posted: 25 May 2020 at 10:29pm
This board does not have it's own graphics. One way to tell is that there is no graphics chip on board. Don't mistake the southbridge chip for a graphics chip. I know that the term is misleading, but it is correct. It is saying it supports APUs, specifically the AMD ryzen Apu's...."Integrated AMD Radeon Vega Series Graphics in Ryzen Series APU*" So notice it says IN ryzen series APU...This is saying it is supporting apu processors, specifically the ryzen series apu. My old asrock micro atx board(960GM/U3S3 FX) DOES have onboard graphics and I chose it specifically for this reason. If I need to trouble shoot graphics issues, than I can.

So, I recently purchased this MOBO(B450M Pro4) with the ryzen 5 3400G and a separate card(SAPPHIRE Radeon RX 550) so, again, I can do the same thing. I'm not a big gamer, just casual, and I don't want or need anything more.
Play safe!
dimfrag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dimfrag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 4:22am
Yes you are correct its not the same thing but i have managed to see the bios screen a few times so that indicates that this is not a completely bad port (if at all). I guess that i will have to try with screens that use a different port although that might be difficult as i dont really have spare screens lying around
garych View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garych Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 2:31am
Are you sure about that? Because "it works" and "it works with every port" is not the same thing, they might've just tested with HDMI and be done with it.
Do you have a way to check if it gets to windows while booting? Maybe you can get some sounds by changing volume with keyboard hotkeys.
dimfrag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dimfrag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 2:22am
I yse dvi. I have nothing else in my monitor. It worked with hdmi in the other computer but if they checked the card and said its fine i think that they must have also checked the other outputs too
garych View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garych Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 2:15am
Have you tried a different output in gpu, or even different connection?
Which connection did it work with on another computer?
dimfrag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dimfrag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 1:43am
Yes i tested both gpus with the same cable but only the older one worked
garych View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garych Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 1:36am
sorry, by cables I meant video cables to monitor
dimfrag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dimfrag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 1:33am
Both gpus were tested with 2 different psus (both with their own cables). The result was the same, i could make the 7870 work but not the rx570
garych View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garych Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 1:27am
what about cables, are you using the same one that you used with your older gpu?
dimfrag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dimfrag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 1:24am
The gpu is not faulty. I have seen it work in a different computer and it was also confirmed by msi that it works. The pc just starts with a black screen. I dont even have the opportunity to go to bios
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic